Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
Update 1:

Effective August 01, 2014 as a JetPrivilege member, you will now get rewarded with a minimum of 500 JPMiles on Jet Airways and 375 JPMiles on JetKonnect for distances less than 500 miles, while flying Economy and 750 JPMiles when flying Première.

For distances more than 500 miles:
Economy: On Jet Airways - 100% of *TPM, on JetKonnect - 75% of TPM
Première: On Jet Airways - 150% of *TPM, on JetKonnect - 150% of TPM

*TPM - Ticketed Point Mileage

For codeshare flights where Jet Airways /JetKonnect are marketing carriers and operated by partner airlines, minimum miles will not be applicable and members will earn JPMiles as per the below mentioned accrual structure where JPMiles will be credited basis Ticketed Point Mileage (TPM).

Ticketed Point Mileage is calculated by International Air Transport Association (IATA) and is defined as the distance between an origin point and destination point using direct, non-stop sector miles (not kilometers).

Refer to the chart below for Mileage accruals for travel in First and Premiere class cabins.

When flying on JetPrivilege Programme Airline Partners, JetPrivilege members earn JPMiles basis the mileage accrual structure / chart as defined by the respective Airline Partner.

Reference:

Earn JPMiles (Effetive August 01, 2014)

NEW Accrual structure - Email
Print Wikipost

JP Accrual and Redemption Changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
any news on JP miles upgrades? still haven't seen any update on that - that's the only hope left of some value being retained.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by avm2806
any news on JP miles upgrades? still haven't seen any update on that - that's the only hope left of some value being retained.
don't get your hopes up....i'm sure that will change as well....
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Yup! DEL-HKG, DEL-SIN, DEL-LHR, DEL-YYZ etc all go up by at least 50% or more!!
bru-ewr is almost a 100% increase....this is just insane....

Originally Posted by AJLondon
What just made my jaw drop is that a BOM-EWR in F now needs 450k miles for the round trip!
earlier this year i had redeemed all my remaining jp miles & i was done with the program....but a couple of last minute cancellations brought my total back to about 100k miles....i'm going to book a one way award in f for del-lhr at the current level for a trip later this year....i would much rather pay 81k miles + inr 18k than 127.5k miles + inr 3k....
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
It is a massacre!

....but on the flip side, they now seem to have an F reward for all international flights. Does this mean the roll out of F on all such flights?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
It is a massacre!

....but on the flip side, they now seem to have an F reward for all international flights. Does this mean the roll out of F on all such flights?
If only. The pricing is the just in case variety.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Any update on partner rewards? Is that staying same for now?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by tirajat
Barring the redemption on premier/ first, overall I feel the change is for better. For instance, for BOM-SIN, one has to pay 10k extra miles for saving of 8K in taxes - in other words, jet is already giving 0.8 paisa per mile, which is not bad IMHO.
True but the overall value per mile reduces significantly unless you are redeeming for a last minute economy seat.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by manish83
True but the overall value per mile reduces significantly unless you are redeeming for a last minute economy seat.
From what I noticed, for domestic redemptions its become more attractive for many sectors and thats good.. Intl Y was never a good option anyway and now Intl J is also looking poor..

Hope the partner redemption's stay as it is..
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:43 am

I have like 140K JP miles which reading the above thread would definitely like to liquidate before August 01. What is the sweet spot in the JP award program that others have used recently ? I always have ended up paying a lot of taxes :-(
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
From what I noticed, for domestic redemptions its become more attractive for many sectors and thats good.. Intl Y was never a good option anyway and now Intl J is also looking poor..

Hope the partner redemption's stay as it is..
Yeah, that would be great.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:53 am

I just noticed that NYC to South Africa is 52500 in Y for partners, does it mean it is 100k in Business automatically or more ?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abhinavt
I have like 140K JP miles which reading the above thread would definitely like to liquidate before August 01.
i think you mean september 1st....

keep in mind that domestic redemption becomes much better post september 1st....

What is the sweet spot in the JP award program that others have used recently ? I always have ended up paying a lot of taxes :-(
where are you looking to travel????
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just noticed that NYC to South Africa is 52500 in Y for partners, does it mean it is 100k in Business automatically or more ?
business is double the miles you require in economy....
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i think you mean september 1st....

keep in mind that domestic redemption becomes much better post september 1st....

Yes.

where are you looking to travel????
I guess looking to burn my miles till they hold any value.
I live in NYC/hometown is Mumbai so Australia or Africa from these places.

Only sweet spots I noticed were : NYC to South Africa for 100k in Business. Also, Mumbai to South Africa is 60k in Business on South African Airways.
Do you know if I could do Mumbai to Tanzania on for 60k too or Jet will charge me separately for Mumbai to South Africa and then South africa to Tanzania
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
business is double the miles you require in economy....
Thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.