Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GuyFromBOM
Update 1:

Effective August 01, 2014 as a JetPrivilege member, you will now get rewarded with a minimum of 500 JPMiles on Jet Airways and 375 JPMiles on JetKonnect for distances less than 500 miles, while flying Economy and 750 JPMiles when flying Première.

For distances more than 500 miles:
Economy: On Jet Airways - 100% of *TPM, on JetKonnect - 75% of TPM
Première: On Jet Airways - 150% of *TPM, on JetKonnect - 150% of TPM

*TPM - Ticketed Point Mileage

For codeshare flights where Jet Airways /JetKonnect are marketing carriers and operated by partner airlines, minimum miles will not be applicable and members will earn JPMiles as per the below mentioned accrual structure where JPMiles will be credited basis Ticketed Point Mileage (TPM).

Ticketed Point Mileage is calculated by International Air Transport Association (IATA) and is defined as the distance between an origin point and destination point using direct, non-stop sector miles (not kilometers).

Refer to the chart below for Mileage accruals for travel in First and Premiere class cabins.

When flying on JetPrivilege Programme Airline Partners, JetPrivilege members earn JPMiles basis the mileage accrual structure / chart as defined by the respective Airline Partner.

Reference:

Earn JPMiles (Effetive August 01, 2014)

NEW Accrual structure - Email
Print Wikipost

JP Accrual and Redemption Changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
So the new redemption chart is out..

http://www.jetairways.com/doc/Mileage-Chart.pdf

Domestic redemptions have actually decreased across many metro sectors.. BOM-DEL is now 17k/8.5k in Y/J compared to 21/10.5. Similarly BOM-BLR is now 13/6.5 and BOM-MAA is 15/7.5

International redemptions have shot up but the YQ is fully taken off.. Cant search for the new redemptions and YQ charges yet.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Anish

Domestic redemptions have actually decreased across many metro sectors.. BOM-DEL is now 17k/8.5k in Y/J compared to 21/10.5. Similarly BOM-BLR is now 13/6.5 and BOM-MAA is 15/7.5

International redemptions have shot up but the YQ is fully taken off.. Cant search for the new redemptions and YQ charges yet.
Basically now use the miles for domestic travels and the money for international !
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: Jet Privilege
Any idea about how partner redemptions will change?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra
Any idea about how partner redemptions will change?
I am guessing they should also be affected upwardly.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:03 am

Time to dump!

Time to off load this load of crap and move to BA. Even with the surcharges taken off, there is no justification for the level of increase in the miles required for international redemptions! They'll be having more empty planes now. I think they listened to the complaints that people aren't ever able to get redemption seats, well there will be plenty available now
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:56 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Anish

Thanks Anish for the chart link.

Horrible news for those of us who redeem premium cabin international.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Thanks Anish for the chart link.

Horrible news for those of us who redeem premium cabin international.
This is insane increase. Some sectors the increase is more than 50%.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:38 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
This is insane increase. Some sectors the increase is more than 50%.
Yup! DEL-HKG, DEL-SIN, DEL-LHR, DEL-YYZ etc all go up by at least 50% or more!!

What just made my jaw drop is that a BOM-EWR in F now needs 450k miles for the round trip!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Yup! DEL-HKG, DEL-SIN, DEL-LHR, DEL-YYZ etc all go up by at least 50% or more!!

What just made my jaw drop is that a BOM-EWR in F now needs 450k miles for the round trip!
These enhancements are a result of continuous feedback from our valued members like you to improve the value of JPMiles and to simplify the redemption charges structure.

Haha.. Straight on our heads ! On one side airlines are offering discount on fares and people are travelling for cheaper that AC rail fares, on the other side they want their frequent travellers to go away to something else.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
I am looking at the new redemption chart. Does it make sense to use JP Miles for Economy redemption in International sector?

For eg: currently for economy redemption BOM-BKK one needs 20K miles + ~7.5K INR one way, which becomes 22.5K miles + ~1.5K INR

Similarly for BOM-SIN sector, currently one needs 20K miles + 10K INR one way, which changes to 30K miles + ~2K.

May be it makes sense to use JPMiles for last minute international economy redemption rather than business/first.

Last edited by manish83; Aug 6, 2014 at 7:23 am
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I'll probably end up finding better 9W redemption value on domestic Indian 9W flights than on my international trips in coach or business after this latest 9W devaluation hits in full.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
They are nuts!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:48 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
my back of the envelope calculations... internationally you got about 1 INR value per mile in premium cabins. now, it is dropping to 0.75 inr. and I am talking long haul segments. this is because while the fuel surcharge is similar in F/J/Y, the changes are multiplying as per CoS (2x of Y miles in J, 3x in F). so the economy guy is better off, and the non economy guy, i.e., premium cabin is worse off.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Barring the redemption on premier/ first, overall I feel the change is for better. For instance, for BOM-SIN, one has to pay 10k extra miles for saving of 8K in taxes - in other words, jet is already giving 0.8 paisa per mile, which is not bad IMHO.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
How are the new burn rates compared to AI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.