Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Indigo - Cancellation charges - Intl sectors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hi Folks,

Need confirmation on the Indigo international flights cancellation charges..
From the website it says

"With effect from 19 September 2012, the Change and Cancel Fees have been revised to Rs. 1000 for domestic sectors and Rs. 1850 for international sectors (or equivalent in other currencies)"

If we have a return ticket say BKK - DEL - BKK , does it mean it will be two sectors and Rs 3700 will be deducted or only Rs 1850 for the whole journey ?

Cleartrip is not clear since it says cancellation charges Rs 1850 against the whole trip price..

A
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:27 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
it will be 2 different sectors and hence 2 times charged
Old Aug 17, 2013, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
it will be 2 different sectors and hence 2 times charged
thanks for the quick confirmation.. I was guessing so..
Old Aug 17, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I would have thought it would be only 1 charge... interesting. Please update after you've cancelled
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:38 pm
A2A

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I would have thought it would be only 1 charge... interesting. Please update after you've cancelled
why would this be the case?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
why would this be the case?
from a practical point i guess it makes sense since its one return ticket as compared to 2 one way tickets....but then again, all airlines are looking to make money on pretty much anything they can so it makes sense for them to treat it as 2 cancellations....
Old Aug 18, 2013, 2:24 am

It's charged per itinerary in the US and EU, but could be different in India I suppose. I haven't actually need to cancel a ticket yet in India so I don't know.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
from a practical point i guess it makes sense since its one return ticket as compared to 2 one way tickets....but then again, all airlines are looking to make money on pretty much anything they can so it makes sense for them to treat it as 2 cancellations....
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
It's charged per itinerary in the US and EU, but could be different in India I suppose. I haven't actually need to cancel a ticket yet in India so I don't know.
on more detailed checking.. it seems it will be per sector ...
Old Aug 18, 2013, 5:14 am
A2A

The Op very clearly stated the policy which states 1850 "per sector" so there was no ambiguity that it was going to be charged per sector and not per itinerary.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:02 pm

Well, if it was that clear I don't think he would have asked the question In any case, it is good to know and even Cleartrip seems to have given the wrong info this time.

And I agree with you Keyser, in practicality it shouldn't make much difference for the airline, but it's another revenue source. Similar to how US airlines started charging extra for booking "close-in" awards online. No real difference to the airline whether I book the award 21 days in advance or 20 days in advance, but they can charge extra for that one day !
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:51 am

Hi frnds, I booked a ticket in indigo DEL-MAA for 15th oct'14 through my debit card. Since I don't have an indigo account and I booked the ticket as a guest user, will I get my refund in my debit card? I am asking this because many people said usually Indigo don't give refunds. please reply...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Saranya Ram
Hi frnds, I booked a ticket in indigo DEL-MAA for 15th oct'14 through my debit card. Since I don't have an indigo account and I booked the ticket as a guest user, will I get my refund in my debit card? I am asking this because many people said usually Indigo don't give refunds. please reply...
you have to check your fare rules to see if the ticket was refundable or not....
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
you have to check your fare rules to see if the ticket was refundable or not....
and if any component is refundable, that will go to the mode of payment u made.. in ur case will be credited thru ur debit card to ur bank account..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.