Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
The first year fee has been reduced it seems. Rs. 5K for first year and 10k for renewal
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Miles earning reduced on AMEX JET card....

With effect from October 20, 2014, you will no longer earn 6 JPMiles on every Rs.100 spent on all categories (except for bookings on Jet Airways website) and 12 JPMiles on every Rs.100 spent for bookings on www.jetairways.com or www.jetkonnect.com

8 JPMiles for every Rs.150 spent All categories, excluding those listed below.
16 JPMiles for every Rs.150 spent For bookings on www.jetairways.com or www.jetkonnect.com

No JPMiles
• Insurance
• Fuel: Includes petrol, diesel, CNG from Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs)
• Utility services: Includes providers of household/domestic electricity, gas and water. These providers can be government departments and agencies including local, state, municipal organisations; public housing societies and apartment associations.

With effect from October 20, 2014, the following new benefits will be added to your Cardmembership:
• Update to your lounge benefit: We have strengthened our lounge programme and you can now enjoy unlimited complimentary access at 10 Domestic lounges across 10 cities in India. This also includes 2 American Express proprietary lounges at Delhi and Mumbai airport respectively.
• Trident Gold Elite Tier membership: Get complimentary membership along with 2 room upgrade vouchers at 9 Trident Hotels.
• Lodging benefit at select properties of Oberoi Hotels and Resorts: You can choose to extend your holiday with a complimentary night's stay on a minimum stay of 3 nights. .
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:37 am

I guess they follow the trend of reducing benefits.

The additional 8 cities of free lounge access is a welcome step though.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:51 am

Does any one know what happens if a large charge was made on the card, JP miles received got transferred to Jet Privilege account and then the charge got reversed 2 statements later?

AMEX statement after the reverse is showing miles balance in negative.

Do they deduct the miles from Jet Privilege account? And what happens if the miles get used during this period?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by vikasr
Does any one know what happens if a large charge was made on the card, JP miles received got transferred to Jet Privilege account and then the charge got reversed 2 statements later?

AMEX statement after the reverse is showing miles balance in negative.

Do they deduct the miles from Jet Privilege account? And what happens if the miles get used during this period?
There's only one way to find out...
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
This happened with me once. I booked an international air ticket on my Amex Platinum Travel Card. I got the points and the spend benefits. I had to cancel the ticket and got a refund on my card.

After setting off the card spend in that bill, the balance (which was still a credit amount) was used to calculate negative points and added to the opening points balance. This resulted in a negative closing points balance. So effectively I got a points debit on the charge reversal. However, there was no debit on the spend benefit which remained intact and which I claimed immediately.

In your case, since the points are transferred to a different account (JP), am not sure how that will play out.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:35 am
Company Representative, American Express, India

Programs: Amex Jet, Amex Plat Travel
Jet-Airways Changes and Offer

JET-AIRWAYS

The Changes as mentioned above are correct, i have added a few things so that everyone can have a clarity on the changes that have been made.

Changes:
8 JPMiles for every Rs.150 spent All categories, excluding those listed below.
16 JPMiles for every Rs.150 spent For bookings on www.jetairways.com or www.jetkonnect.com

No JPMiles
• Insurance
• Fuel: Includes petrol, diesel, CNG from Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs)
• Utility services: Includes providers of household/domestic electricity, gas and water. These providers can be government departments and agencies including local, state, municipal organisations; public housing societies and apartment associations.

• Complimentary visits to 10 Domestic Airport Lounges at 10 cities in India . This also includes 2 American Express proprietary lounges at Delhi and Mumbai airport respectively.

• Get complimentary Trident Privilege Gold Tier membership along with 2 room upgrade vouchers at 9 Trident Hotel

• Enjoy complimentary iPrefer Gold Tier membership from Preferred Hotel Group

• Extend your holiday with a complimentary nights stay at select properties of Oberoi Hotels & Resorts starting from a minimum of 2 nights in the off-season and 3 nights in the peak season (Kindly read the exact dates for the offer on the American Express Website)
The Properties are mentioned on the following link:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...s-cards-4.html

Also if the a person's card gets approved before 20th December i will be able to get you 15000 Miles as a welcome Gift i.e 5000 Extra Miles (Only through Select Channels)

Kindly DM me or reach me at the following details for further queries and applying.

Shiva Mehta
[email protected]
American Express
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:19 am

Given the way Jet Airways stock has been rallying the past few days and crude falling, looks like to Jet may actually survive long enough for me to utilize the miles.

Aside, looking forward to Vistara launch. Maybe AMEX will launch another card.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I got a email from Jet the other day that if I use my card (which I haven't used yet) they will extend the validity of my expiring miles (55k in Dec)

The email isn't very clear on the T&C's. Does anyone know further?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by arakhanna
Given the way Jet Airways stock has been rallying the past few days and crude falling, looks like to Jet may actually survive long enough for me to utilize the miles.

Aside, looking forward to Vistara launch. Maybe AMEX will launch another card.
^^^
yeah looking forward to the co branded card as well
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I got a email from Jet the other day that if I use my card (which I haven't used yet) they will extend the validity of my expiring miles (55k in Dec)

The email isn't very clear on the T&C's. Does anyone know further?
Anyone?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:18 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
all your miles will be extended to 5 years as long as you have 1 active card at least (cobranded), and you use it at least 1 time in a year
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
all your miles will be extended to 5 years as long as you have 1 active card at least (cobranded), and you use it at least 1 time in a year
Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
A2A so I got my card today and my miles expire tomorrow. If I use it today will it extend the validity? Any minimum purchase? Is it a risk that I might loose the points shall I just use them?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
A2A so I got my card today and my miles expire tomorrow. If I use it today will it extend the validity? Any minimum purchase? Is it a risk that I might loose the points shall I just use them?
In my experience the miles dont always post with the correct transaction date but rather the date the bank pushes them to JP in batch mode. So just use them, or book me some flights to Goa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.