Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2013, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/card-offers/accelerated-premiermiles-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/Xtraa-PremierMiles-Partner-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Citibank Premier Miles Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by sivam
Is there any specific criteria for getting this card?

I moved to India from UK 18 months ago and had a Citibank savings account since. I applied for this last year and it was rejected. I applied this week and once again, I was rejected. I work as a Consultant at a hospital and my salary is credited to the Citibank account every month. I do not have any other credit cards in India and have no other savings accounts in India apart from NRE with SBI. I could not understand why they kept rejecting the application - the standard response seems to be not meeting the criteria which is unknown.

Is there is any point in speaking to personal banker - I am also wondering about closing the account and moving to another bank because of this.

Thanks
As per my knowledge, CitiPM can only be issued with a minimum credit limit of INR 75,000. Since, you don't have existing credit history in India, it may be an issue.

As a suggestion, try and get your profile evaluated before submission of the documents / application. Apply only if there is a certainity of approval. A rejection makes a dent on your CIBIL Transunion score.

Since you have a Citi account , your personal banker may already have a few pre-approved basic cards. No harm in seeking his opinion on this.

Try an get one of their basic cards and build your credit history. Once your credit limit crosses 75k, you can switch to CitiPM by calling them up.

PS: SBI has launched AI-cobranded cards last year. The AI-SBI Signature card is an absolute gem: 20 Miles / INR 100 on AI. Check it out.

Last edited by GuyFromBOM; Aug 20, 2014 at 10:24 pm
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC, Prioriy club, Virgin atlantic, Airmiles
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
As per my knowledge, CitiPM can only be issued with a minimum credit limit of INR 75,000. Since, you don't have existing credit history in India, it may be an issue.

As a suggestion, try and get your profile evaluated before submission of the documents / application. Apply only if there is a certainity of approval. A rejection makes a dent on your CIBIL Transunion score.

Since you have a Citi account , your personal banker may already have a few pre-approved basic cards. No harm in seeking his opinion on this.

Try an get one of their basic cards and build your credit history. Once your credit limit crosses 75k, you can switch to CitiPM by calling them up.

PS: SBI has launched AI-cobranded cards last year. The AI-SBI Signature card is an absolute gem: 20 Miles / INR 100 on AI. Check it out.
Thanks for the information and suggestions.

Siva
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Quote:

Is there any specific criteria for getting this card?

I moved to India from UK 18 months ago and had a Citibank savings account since. I applied for this last year and it was rejected. I applied this week and once again, I was rejected. I work as a Consultant at a hospital and my salary is credited to the Citibank account every month. I do not have any other credit cards in India and have no other savings accounts in India apart from NRE with SBI. I could not understand why they kept rejecting the application - the standard response seems to be not meeting the criteria which is unknown.

Is there is any point in speaking to personal banker - I am also wondering about closing the account and moving to another bank because of this.

Thanks

People with good credit history have had harrowing time with SBI so not sure it should be the card to apply for. SBI has a minimum credit limit of 1.25 lacs
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
People with good credit history have had harrowing time with SBI so not sure it should be the card to apply for. SBI has a minimum credit limit of 1.25 lacs
I have an SBI card with less than that limit
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program

On a very similar note, what is the best way to build up financial credit history in India (end target of getting a Travel Credit Card).

My situation is as follows:

UK based with no financial links to India whatsoever, however, wife is Indian citizen who had AXIS (or UTI) bank debit cards and accounts. They are still active. Money is still in there but the actual cards and details are with my father-in-law.

As the eldest son-in-law (actually the only one), the in-laws naturally defer to me for advice (got to love culture!). My thoughts are to leverage this position to the maximum for mileage accruals. I am currently using Amex UK cards but gettin whacked for the foreign currency transaction charge at 2.99%

I need to build up history either by way of my own account or via my wife's so that in the end I can apply for an Indian based Travel Credit Card which I can use to book numerous travel tickets for the in-laws. It will even come in handy for domestic flights for our yearly sojourn to India as well as shopping and expenses.

What is the best way to start..........worst case scenario, I am willing to deposit money with a bank equivalent to the credit line they offer, if needed?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
On a very similar note, what is the best way to build up financial credit history in India (end target of getting a Travel Credit Card).

What is the best way to start..........worst case scenario, I am willing to deposit money with a bank equivalent to the credit line they offer, if needed?
SBI AI VISA SIGNATURE can be applied for and approved with an FD (fixed deposit of 1.30 Lakhs INR ) for a credit limit of around 1 Lakh INR.

Also, you will get some interest (7-8%) on the FD. Not a bad option.

Please note the FD has to be with SBI only and in Your name or some has to guarantee the FD for you.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Quote:

I have an SBI card with less than that limit
When my card initially got rejected they told me because a minimum limit of 1.25 Lac. They did send me a card later with that limit. Not sure if they changed the criteria or there was no such criteria to begin with.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:44 am

Not sure if they changed the criteria or there was no such criteria to begin with.
Anything is possible with them .
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Placed a request to transfer CitiPM to AI-FR. The executive on call said that Citi would execute the transfer in a day, but for those to reflected in my AI-FR statement, it would take 3-4 weeks..!

I am hoping for it all to be sorted in week, just like my previous transfers.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
I need to travel from Zurich to Oslo. Through 9W partner redemption, I will need to pay 30k miles (business) + taxes which doesn't look like a good deal. It seems transferring PMs to Avios may give a better value for money. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tirajat
I need to travel from Zurich to Oslo. Through 9W partner redemption, I will need to pay 30k miles (business) + taxes which doesn't look like a good deal. It seems transferring PMs to Avios may give a better value for money. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Yeah but would you want to fly via LHR as it will add on a lot of time. It will cost 18k Avios to do this via BA exec club and taxes should be capped at around £50.

Also remember Business in Europe just means lounge access and a slightly better meal. The seats are the same.

Personally I wouldn't waste miles and just buy a cheap one way ticket in Economy.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC, Prioriy club, Virgin atlantic, Airmiles
Thanks for the information and suggestions.

Siva
At last, I have been approved for the Citi Credit card (Indian Oil one) - approved in 1 day and card despatched already.

I have also been approved for the SBI advantage card after opening FD

Will try for the Premier Miles card sometime next year.

Thanks for all the useful information.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Yeah but would you want to fly via LHR as it will add on a lot of time. It will cost 18k Avios to do this via BA exec club and taxes should be capped at around £50.

Also remember Business in Europe just means lounge access and a slightly better meal. The seats are the same.

Personally I wouldn't waste miles and just buy a cheap one way ticket in Economy.
if ticket costs are really high, you can book Y on AB for 9k avios + ~40 Eur taxes OW.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
No transfer promos for a while now???
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:02 pm

Waiting, rather - hoping for the promotion to happen. They did one around last year when there was a 30% bonus for transfer to Avios, and earlier this year to Singapore Airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.