Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI Flight for CO/USAir/*A miles...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:23 pm
JWW
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Plat, USAir Plat, Virgin Gold, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex Centurion
AI Flight for CO/USAir/*A miles...

Going to be flying in mid may from JFK - New Delhi on AI returning in mid may... would like to utilize my flight miles the best way possible.

I am CO Gold (through Centurion and may not qualify for 2012 CO Gold at my current pace), US Air Plat (centurion), Delta Plat (centurion)...

What I would like, in descending order

1. A way to accumulate CO ELITE miles
2. A way to accumulate CO non-elite miles
3. A way to accumulate US Air elite or non-elite miles
4. A way to accumulate Delta elite or non-elite miles

Does anyone have a formula how this might be done? Through other *A partners such as Lufthansa or others?

My real desire here is a way to somehow accumulate CO/UA elite miles.

Thanks for any solutions or efforts...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
welcome to ft jww....not sure if you can do any of the following flying ai at the moment....
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
You can redeem your AI miles for LH flights (if you accumulate enough AI miles).

But, no, as Keyser said, you cannot achieve any of the items on your list by flying AI.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:18 pm
JWW
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Plat, USAir Plat, Virgin Gold, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Keyser
welcome to ft jww....not sure if you can do any of the following flying ai at the moment....
Originally Posted by snod08
You can redeem your AI miles for LH flights (if you accumulate enough AI miles).

But, no, as Keyser said, you cannot achieve any of the items on your list by flying AI.
Thanks, guys. Subquestion, has anyone seen a *A partner that allows you to transfer another *A's points to its program`/ (i.e. could/would USAir ever take a transfer of LH miles?) If not, guess I should start a LH account and maybe, one day, use them....
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by JWW
Thanks, guys. Subquestion, has anyone seen a *A partner that allows you to transfer another *A's points to its program`/ (i.e. could/would USAir ever take a transfer of LH miles?) If not, guess I should start a LH account and maybe, one day, use them....
Why would you take US AIr miles and put it in LH program?

You can use a Star carrier's miles to redeem tickets on all other Star partners (based on availability of award tickets).

I am not quite sure what you want to achieve here.

You should simply collect all your Star Alliance miles in to one program (e.g, CO, since thats where you are shooting for highest status).
You can then redeem CO miles to fly all the other partners.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:41 pm
JWW
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snod08
Why would you take US AIr miles and put it in LH program?

You can use a Star carrier's miles to redeem tickets on all other Star partners (based on availability of award tickets).

I am not quite sure what you want to achieve here.

You should simply collect all your Star Alliance miles in to one program (e.g, CO, since thats where you are shooting for highest status).
You can then redeem CO miles to fly all the other partners.
Think there is a misunderstanding... I would try to put LH miles into US Air..not the other way around.

Just want to achieve something on the list that I made in the original post. Totally agree about collecting *A miies to one program, however, that is the intent of this question I have posed - does anyone know how to get those AI miles (especially elite qualifying) transferred to CO/UA... and if not, how to achieve anything else on the list of objectives I originally posted...
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by JWW
Think there is a misunderstanding... I would try to put LH miles into US Air..not the other way around.

Just want to achieve something on the list that I made in the original post. Totally agree about collecting *A miies to one program, however, that is the intent of this question I have posed - does anyone know how to get those AI miles (especially elite qualifying) transferred to CO/UA... and if not, how to achieve anything else on the list of objectives I originally posted...
Well, those AI miles cannot be moved anywhere as far as we know. As i said earlier, you can use AI miles to fly on LH (if you reach the number of miles required). If not, the miles expire in 3 years.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JWW

And no airline will let you transfer elite qualifying.

So, the answers you want:

1. Fly on any *A airline, and accumulate to CO.
1b. Get the PresPlus card, and make tens of thousands in purchases.
2. Rent a car, buy a lounge pass, become Elite on CO.
3. Repeat 1, swapping in US for CO.
4. Repeat 4, swapping SkyTeam for *A, and DL for CO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.