Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any eligible in-airport restaurants?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Fuhgeddaboudid - Burger Joint leaving iDine January 1, 2007.

I stopped at SFO's Burger Joint (International Terminal A food court, ratty booth seats <have been reupholstered and cleaned up as of Oct 2006> and table seating,) and had an excellent Niman Ranch organic beef burger and very, very good shake - described in this thread. The miles posted promptly.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 29, 2006 at 8:21 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:36 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I found Visa to be difficult to deal with on this. They point the finger at the bank that issused your credit card, and the bank says (correctly IMHO) that it's Visa's problem. Mastercard has a nice fill-in form that I keep bookmarked (it takes a few extra seconds for it to "load right"for me):

https://www.mastercard.com/contactus/contactus_mv.html
I had to search again to find this post. I was getting lazy about reporting places b/c I had this link bookmarked on my work computer.

I just reported Via Due Wine Bar in Chicago, which is an Idine place. I was looking through their online menu here and it says right on there that they have the $10 minimum charge on there.

On a sidenote, my ex g/f says that all the Polish stores she goes to have a $10 minimum credit card charge. Time to report all of them too
Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Don't forget to report the Dunkin Donuts at O'Hare!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 1:51 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Don't forget to report the Dunkin Donuts at O'Hare!
What address did you use for the form? I googled them several times and I was even able to find out when their lease is up (in 2007), but I haven't found any address information, other than that they are in Terminal 3. Contrast this to that place I reported in DEN: I was able to find their exact street address by a quick google search.

I wonder how many reports have to be made before Mastercard actually does something.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
What address did you use for the form? I googled them several times and I was even able to find out when their lease is up (in 2007), but I haven't found any address information, other than that they are in Terminal 3. Contrast this to that place I reported in DEN: I was able to find their exact street address by a quick google search.

I wonder how many reports have to be made before Mastercard actually does something.
I used "O'Hare Airport, Chicago, IL 60666" - I think it takes several reports as places I've reported long ago are still pulling this ... crud. Still, it makes feel I've tried.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Bump...
Old Nov 6, 2006, 8:22 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Duckman
I have now been to On-line Cafe a couple times, and recommend it. I like the grilled chicken plate for $9.99; includes rice & steamed veggies for those days when you cant look at another french fry.

If you are thirsty, they have a good selection of beers on tap, including 2 Cdn beers.

As I was sitting at the bar eating here last week, I noticed a take-out area where you can get drinks for your flights, quick food, magazines, and books...and it goes through the same POS as the cafe. So, it looks like miles for reading material and drinks too.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Ah-ha. I wasn't aware that requiring a minimum amount before being able to use a credit card was against the rules. I will have to report a naughty one.

Steve
Old Apr 13, 2007, 7:06 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
This is not "in the airport" but almost good enough...

"Kokomo's Island Cafe" in the Mall of America is listed on the Idine list at this time....if you have a long layover at MSP the mall is only 10 minutes away via the light rail ($2 or $1.50 depending on time of day). Be sure and use the Skyway security entrance at your return (as opposed to going back to the ticketing area). Very easy.

But don't get the quesadillas.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Qdoba at IND

If you're willing to go to a bit of effort, you can earn miles at a restaurant the new Indianapolis Airport.

There is a Qdoba Mexican Grill restaurant in the civic plaza (outside of the security checkpoint). All other Qdoba locations in the Indianapolis area participate in Rewards Network EXCEPT this one (so far).

An enterprising individual could stop by another local location and pick up a gift card (aka Q-Cash card), earn miles, and use the gift card at the airport location.

Another possibility is the Cafe Patachou across the plaza from Qdoba at IND. There are two other local Patachou sites that participate in RewardsNetwork, but I haven't patronized either one to confirm/deny that they sell gift cards/certificates and/or if gift cards/certificates could be used at other Patachou locations.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA, United, Alaska, AA
Ebisu Sushi -SFO Int'l Terminal G

Newly added to UA dining program.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Bump....

Any updates on this? I used to stop by On-line Cafe at DTW before nearly every flight to grab a quick bite to eat. I was sad to see them drop off the list as it made it more difficult to get up to higher earnings levels.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis Pres
I wrote a letter to Rewards Network awhile back recommending that they sign up restaurants in airports, and have them specially marked with a rewards network sign. They weren't interested.

Of equal interest to me is why airlines are not members of their own Rewards Network program. Why can't I earn Reward Network miles for buying snacks, sandwiches, and drinks on United or any other airline? You'd think the airlines would at least show a modicum of loyalty to programs that are linked to them.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bearwoody
I wrote a letter to Rewards Network awhile back recommending that they sign up restaurants in airports, and have them specially marked with a rewards network sign. They weren't interested.

Of equal interest to me is why airlines are not members of their own Rewards Network program. Why can't I earn Reward Network miles for buying snacks, sandwiches, and drinks on United or any other airline? You'd think the airlines would at least show a modicum of loyalty to programs that are linked to them.
My take on this is RN sells itself as a means to drive more business to those lacking. High traffic locations like airports, malls, and the such don't need to spend the money on the RN program. I don't know what the charges are, but I'm sure there is something there, if for nothing else the advertising and web presentation.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bearwoody

You may think of Rewards Network as an "airline rewards" organization, but it doesn't think of itself like that. It does all sorts of other rewards -- cashback, savings programs, etc, and airlines are but a fraction of Rewards Network to them. And any one particular airline (such as United) is even a tineir fraction of Rewards Network.

So they have no interest in that because it doesn't tie into their cashback program or their savings programs or their hotel programs or even their programs for other airlines.

Any requests to identify airport locations, just so you can find them easier, should be kept separate (as finding restaurants easier does tie into all their programs) from requests to concentrate on airports (which doesn't meet their goals).

One thing you might to suggest to them is being able to enter an airport code for the search. That would help with both restaurants inside the airport and restaurants near the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.