Wiki Posts
Search

Adding my AA # on Iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, WOH Globalist
Adding my AA # on Iberia.com

I am trying to book on Ibera.com - I want to add my Aadvantage number to the reservation but I cannot see any place to do so. Anyone know how to do this? I am an OW Emerald Member so I don't want to wait until the last minute.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
When providing passenger information, there should be a box "member of Iberia Plus or another loyalty card" or something like that.

The most important thing is to not buy the ticket when logged into Iberia Plus. In my experience, it then becomes a pain to remove your IB+ number and replace it with something else - the system keeps reverting to the original IB+ number.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
When providing passenger information, there should be a box "member of Iberia Plus or another loyalty card" or something like that.

The most important thing is to not buy the ticket when logged into Iberia Plus. In my experience, it then becomes a pain to remove your IB+ number and replace it with something else - the system keeps reverting to the original IB+ number.
See that's the thing - at that point in the process, I don't get the option to enter a different loyalty number. I can only add an Iberia Plus number or register for it. I am choosing to pay more for Iberia but may just settle Vueling instead if it's going to be this much of a hassle.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:16 pm

Did you try adding it via the FinnAir site? I had a similar problem earlier this year.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by davidajeff
See that's the thing - at that point in the process, I don't get the option to enter a different loyalty number. I can only add an Iberia Plus number or register for it. I am choosing to pay more for Iberia but may just settle Vueling instead if it's going to be this much of a hassle.
If it´s a Vueling flight, no chance you will get any AA miles. Only Iberia Avios points and elite points. Unless the flight is marketed by BA or QR, in that case you can earn Avios with BA or Qmiles with Qatar Privilege, respectively.

You earn Avios (Ib Plus) with Vueling if you book on iberia webpage or optima fare in vueling.

Happy flying!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by davidajeff
You're in the wrong place. It's the page after that where you input your non-Iberia details.

See attached screenshot...
Attached Images  
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the help! I found it.

On another note - I love the option to "bid" on an upgrade!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I'm trying to do this same thing, but my AA number is a string of letters and numbers. Iberia is only allowing me to enter numbers?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mayday23
I'm trying to do this same thing, but my AA number is a string of letters and numbers. Iberia is only allowing me to enter numbers?
Make sure you've selected AA in the drop-down box.

If not, go the Finnair route.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what to do here?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
no, unfortunately i just didn't do anything. It was a short flight within EU and wasn't worth the time to figure it out.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
no, unfortunately i just didn't do anything. It was a short flight within EU and wasn't worth the time to figure it out.
I ended up just booking it without my number - since mine was short too. I was able to go in once the booking was made and enter my number. Everything checked out and I was even able to select exit row seats in advance at no charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.