Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Arrival Lounge in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Iberia Arrival Lounge in Madrid

A month ago I flew into MAD T4 and simply could not find the arrival lounge I tried to follow the signs but this brought me to the arrival hall landside and when I asked someone it was already to late (or too complicated) to go back in (where supposedly the lounge is). I'm flying there again next week and appreciate any hint, map etc. that shows exactly hot to get there. Every map or description I checked were quite ambiguous. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:26 am

The arrivals lounge is landside, next to the metro station. Just follow the signs to the metro when you exit. However, unless you have status with IB (not OW) you can only use it if you are arriving to MAD on a >4 hour IB flight in J (even if you have status with IB you can only use it if you come from a long flight, but you don't need to travel in J).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes
The arrivals lounge is landside, next to the metro station. Just follow the signs to the metro when you exit. However, unless you have status with IB (not OW) you can only use it if you are arriving to MAD on a >4 hour IB flight in J (even if you have status with IB you can only use it if you come from a long flight, but you don't need to travel in J).
Now I'm even more perplexed... This is what I thought initially (that it is landside) but after not being able to locate it (I did found a different lounge near the left luggage) the guy at the information desk told me I had to go back airside. I guess now that he thought that I am looking for the departure lounge.

So, I should go out after the luggage belts and costumes and turn right towards the Metro / Cercanías stations? I understand that it is one floor below the arrival hall; correct?

And as for entry, I know, but coming in J (in the A330 from TLV so I'm all set.

Thanks.

Last edited by Innocent Abroad; Nov 19, 2015 at 5:58 am
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by ophir_mm
So, I should go out after the luggage belts and costumes and turn right towards the Metro / Cercanías stations? I understand that it is one floor below the arrival hall; correct?
Exactly.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Don't expect much.

IIRC you get assigned a tiny personal "prison cell" with a shower and sink. You get your own key so can leave your luggage inside. There is also a small common area to sit and read the newspaper and have a coffee. Not much more than a few croissants, etc. to eat.

Unless arriving far too early to check-in to your hotel (or have no choice but to shower here before going straight to a meeting) I would give the arrivals lounge a pass...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Don't expect much.

IIRC you get assigned a tiny personal "prison cell" with a shower and sink. You get your own key so can leave your luggage inside. There is also a small common area to sit and read the newspaper and have a coffee. Not much more than a few croissants, etc. to eat.

Unless arriving far too early to check-in to your hotel (or have no choice but to shower here before going straight to a meeting) I would give the arrivals lounge a pass...
I don't but would like to see it for myself. I actually arrive late at night (22'ish) and head to the hotel. If I can get decent coffee there it will be enough.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:06 am
Original Poster

^
Originally Posted by Yllanes
Exactly.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Don't expect much.

The shower rooms I’ve used are at least three times the size of those in the Dali and Velazquez lounges, which get all steamed up very quickly.

The shower room is part of the bedroom. The door to the bedroom is locked, but you have use to all the entrance area and wardrobe. It's like a hotel room but without the sleeping area.

As for food, I guess it depends on the time of the day. But many times I have seen things like Spanish omelette, assorted cold cuts, etc.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I don't but would like to see it for myself. I actually arrive late at night (22'ish) and head to the hotel. If I can get decent coffee there it will be enough.
I also had trouble finding it the first time.
Look for the Avis/Hertz/Europcar counters on the lowest level. The lounge is right beside.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:31 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
It's definitely well hidden, sort of under the stairs. So if you come down to the travel info desk, face the people working it, look left, then it is the black and white thing under the stairs

Took me forever to find it too
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
It's definitely well hidden, sort of under the stairs. So if you come down to the travel info desk, face the people working it, look left, then it is the black and white thing under the stairs

Took me forever to find it too
Speaking of which, I also had problems locating the BA arrival lounge at LHR T5 the first time
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:51 am

Speaking of which, I also had problems locating the BA arrival lounge at LHR T5 the first time
That's something that I have neither seen nor looked for. I am sure I will come to need or want it some day.

I wanted the MAD T4 arrivals lounge because I got in relatively early from BOG and had not had breakfast on my IB flight because the catering out of BOG is goddam awful. They had similar things to the IB lounges, tortilla, cheese triangles, yogurt, bananas. They also have a fridge with cook-chill meals but I did not see anywhere to heat it up. Not that I wanted spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast. Coffee machine is bean to cup I think and just fine. They call the eating area the cafeteria and it is quiet and spotless.

I also wanted to go online and activate a voice/data bundle on my UK mobile so I could roam in Spain. Bear in mind that the arrivals lounge has no wifi, I think this is a MAD thing, since T4 was built they seem to have had strict rules about who is allowed wifi. They have a couple of iMac terminals with internet in front of reception desks, not really a viable alternative if you want to check emails in your own client but it worked out for me on this occasion.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Bear in mind that the arrivals lounge has no wifi, I think this is a MAD thing, since T4 was built they seem to have had strict rules about who is allowed wifi. .
That's strange; what would be the difference between the arrival lounge and the other departure lounges that have wifi? According to IB website there is wifi access in the lounge. Shall check out this as well later this week.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:12 pm

That's strange; what would be the difference between the arrival lounge and the other departure lounges that have wifi? According to IB website there is wifi access in the lounge. Shall check out this as well later this week.
Well the IB lounge access is provided by Kubi Wireless with 30 minute access cards. I am adamant that MAD must have some fairly restrictive agreement with Kubi (and previously Boingo) that prevents establishments having free and open wireless. McDonalds at T4 is the only McDonalds that I have been to in Madrid that does not have free wifi.

Given the arrivals lounge is not operated by IB but a third party, I can only presume that a) They do not want to do a deal with Kubi and b) They are not allowed their own wireless internet
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:14 pm

Well the IB lounge access is provided by Kubi Wireless with 30 minute access cards.
This has now changed and the departure lounges just have a normal SSID and password (displayed on monitors). I imagine the same goes for the arrivals lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.