Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2nd Guest Listed On Single Room Creates Dupe Reservations Online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE

While booking a reservation over the phone I asked the agent to make sure to add my partners name as the 2nd registered guest on a reservation for ease of checkin as we're arriving separately. Now online it shows as 2 rooms - 1 for each of us with our names - for the booked dates. I searched and didn't see this issue in the sticky.

Should I be concerned or is this common? Dont' want to pay for two rooms.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This has happened to me on previous stays and I've had no issues with multiple rooms booked. It seems this is just how Hyatt's website lists the reservation on your profile. I wouldn't be concerned.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:32 pm

That's exactly how it's supposed to work and always does when done right. Don't worry about it.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Thanks for your replies and confirmation. I guess yet another Hyatt.com weirdness that is normal.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:09 pm

Glad I found this. I added hubby's name to a reservation this morning and this is exactly what happened. Twitter team assured me there is no issue, just how they handle 2nd guest name on reservation.

Now question is, will hubby get my diamond benefit at check-in? Yes he will arrive earlier than me (if I decided to join him or not for the stay).
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
I've found that if I call HGP to add a name to the reservation, a second reservation is created.

If I call the property directly to do so, it remains a single reservation.

Both approaches achieve the same result in my experience, and the added person is able to check in.

Regarding Diamond benefits, it's been my experience that if the other person checks in first (non Diamond), best available room is presented and keys will be coded for club access if available (breakfast in restaurant if not), but they aren't offered the diamond amenity card and it defaults to bonus points.

Last edited by gunksny; Mar 7, 2016 at 6:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.