Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

I made a reservation for Park Hyatt New York but...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt

So i made a reservation for Park Hyatt using cash and points. I obviously won't have to pay for the cash portion till check in. I bought a couple of Hyatt gift cards though. Can i use a Hyatt gift card that was emailed to me to pay for the reservation via Hyatt Diamond line or regular GS before the date of the reservation?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:09 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I don't think you can pay for the reservation in advance. Is there a reason you'd want to? You could just give them the gift card/email receipt when you show up.

If you really want to try to pay in advance, I suggest calling the hotel's front desk. They're the ones who will process the charge for the room when you check out, so they might be able to accept a credit in advance.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scottrick
I don't think you can pay for the reservation in advance. Is there a reason you'd want to? You could just give them the gift card/email receipt when you show up.

If you really want to try to pay in advance, I suggest calling the hotel's front desk. They're the ones who will process the charge for the room when you check out, so they might be able to accept a credit in advance.
OH! So i can pay for it with the gift cards when i get there? Great! I'll do that.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Scottrick

Maybe the gift cards are expring very soon?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

I actually just bought them.. I didn't want to deal with the hassle at the hotel, that's all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.