Wiki Posts
Search

Applying DSU to part of stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Applying DSU to part of stay

Hi Everyone-

Bit of a complex situation. I have an expiring DSU coming up and was looking at booking a stay in April.

Alas only 2 of my 5 nights have suite availability. Is it possible to make one single booking for all 5 nights, apply the DSU to two of those nights, and if availability comes up for the rest of the stay it can extend to cover?

Seems like a long shot, but with a Feb 28th expiry, I can't change once booked!

Best,

fw
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Probably not through HGP. You should probably make two separate reservations, one for two nights, one for the remainder. Apply the DSU for two nights, check back on availability and then if available, talk to the hotel directly.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:23 am

I have done something similar. 10 night stay, cert is only good for 7. They split the reservation, and when I check in, they will inform me if I really do need to change rooms for the last 3 nights.

If you are talking about 2 non-consecutive nights, I do not think they would allow that as you would have to move rooms 3 or 4 times if there is no space. Too much much hassle for the hotel.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
E-mail the hotel manager directly and explain the situation. The managers are typically very helpful and might just block you into that room for the available nights
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I have a 2 week reservation and intitially could only get 1 week on the DSU. Customer service was able to apply it for 1 week only. I was able to get the second week, and they applied another DSU.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:25 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by faithwins
Hi Everyone-

Bit of a complex situation. I have an expiring DSU coming up and was looking at booking a stay in April.

Alas only 2 of my 5 nights have suite availability. Is it possible to make one single booking for all 5 nights, apply the DSU to two of those nights, and if availability comes up for the rest of the stay it can extend to cover?

Seems like a long shot, but with a Feb 28th expiry, I can't change once booked!

Best,

fw
I did this last week at the Andaz Liverpool Street.

One single reservation. Called and it was available for two out of the three nights. Checked in for the two nights in the suite and was told if it opened up, I could stay.

Unfortunately, it didn't and I had to move for the third night. Bummer.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
I have a similar question:

I'm staying 3 nights. Suites available on all 3 nights. 2 nights are for work (so paying full rate), & the last for personal, (so I want use P+C). I'm guessing I'll have to book that as 2 separate reservations, so can I use 1 DSU?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:06 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
I have a similar question:

I'm staying 3 nights. Suites available on all 3 nights. 2 nights are for work (so paying full rate), & the last for personal, (so I want use P+C). I'm guessing I'll have to book that as 2 separate reservations, so can I use 1 DSU?
I think so - call to check though or PM our Gold Passport Concierge staff.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:06 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
My Private Line Agent said the suite upgrade could only be used on a single booking. I had extended a stay and had a separate one night booking. She merged it into the initial booking in order to apply the DSU to all nights. I agree with Peter, you're going to have to call. I'm not sure Hyatt can merge a paid stay with a C+P stay. I hope it works out for you.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME hotels are reluctant to upgrade someone to a suite for only the beginning/middle of a stay as they're concerned that the person won't be willing to switch rooms when the time comes to move to a regular room. OTOH, if the upgrade is available for the end of your stay, usually they're willing to let you move into the suite, even though doing so increases their housekeeping costs somewhat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.