Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Checking my Gold Passport account, I received only 19 base points for this stay!

Also, the Retrieve Hotel Bill function does not allow one to select Andaz Tokyo.
I got 22 points including the bonus points!

A quick phone call to the Gold Passport customer service solved this. The rep said the currency got messed up when the points posted and she fixed it right away.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by burnsy0118
A quick phone call to the Gold Passport customer service solved this. The rep said the currency got messed up when the points posted and she fixed it right away.
Why don't these things ever work out in our favor? Would have been fun seeing 190,000 base points post....
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:14 pm

I will be staying at Andaz soon, however cannot figure out the best way to get to hotel from NRT. Should I just take NEX to Tokyo Station and then just take a taxi? Will taxi driver know where Andaz is located, as it is not even searchable on Google Maps.

Here are longitude and latitude coordinates 35.667303,139.749802
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:18 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Using the N'EX, Tokyo Station should be closest. Any taxi driver worth his salt will know where Toranomon Hills is located, and the entrance to the Andaz should be clearly marked.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Using the N'EX, Tokyo Station should be closest. Any taxi driver worth his salt will know where Toranomon Hills is located, and the entrance to the Andaz should be clearly marked.
Thank you.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I will be staying at Andaz soon, however cannot figure out the best way to get to hotel from NRT.
I'd just change the first night to the Hyatt Regency. Take the Limousine Bus there, sleep off the jet leg, and head over to the Andaz fresh the following day.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:57 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I will be staying at Andaz soon, however cannot figure out the best way to get to hotel from NRT. Should I just take NEX to Tokyo Station and then just take a taxi? Will taxi driver know where Andaz is located, as it is not even searchable on Google Maps.

Here are longitude and latitude coordinates 35.667303,139.749802
June soon? July soon? The limo bus is coming......
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by mjm
June soon? July soon? The limo bus is coming......
June soon ;-)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another option is to take Limousine Bus to Hotel Okura. Andaz is about a 10 minute walk from there.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:16 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Another option is to take Limousine Bus to Hotel Okura. Andaz is about a 10 minute walk from there.
Yes, I am a fan of the bus to the nearest place that is either walkable or a short taxi ride. Makes it so much easier when wiped out after the flight or if you have luggage.

Bus will not be there before end June, but soon.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yet another option, which may be the best combination of cheapness and simplicity: take the local train from Narita Airport to Shinbashi station. Get out of the Hibiya Exit, and you will be able to see the Andaz building from there. About a 15-20 minute walk.

As a bonus, my favorite Indian restaurant Samosa is alng the way...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:19 am

how about the best option (non taxi) way to Andaz from Haneda Airport??
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by anchor79
how about the best option (non taxi) way to Andaz from Haneda Airport??
Take the Keikyu line from the airport to Shinbashi. About 1km from there to the Andaz by foot, or a short and inexpensive taxi ride if you don't feel like walking.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:19 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by Scifience
Take the Keikyu line from the airport to Shinbashi. About 1km from there to the Andaz by foot, or a short and inexpensive taxi ride if you don't feel like walking.
Or transfer at Shimbashi to the Ginza line and get off at Toranomon if you absolutely have to get as close as possible (mind you you'll have to walk a few hundred meters underground at Shimbashi).
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I find it interesting that the Andaz Tokyo is going with Pelican brand amenities. My understanding is that they've never been considered high end or luxury despite recently trying to cultivate a more upscale image.
If they wanted to showcase Japanese brands, I would think products by Shiseido, Shu Uemura or a boutique brand would give a better perception.

Last edited by mongobot; Jun 17, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.