Search

"You are invited"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:20 am
cic
Original Poster

"You are invited"

Does anyone here also receive this letter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John, you've hit the jackpot!

You and a guest are exclusively invited to celebrate the new relationship between M life and Hyatt Gold Passport in Las Vegas, July 18-19. You'll enjoy two nights on us at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, access to your choice of exhilarating shows and the ultimate VIP treatment.

Get ready for all the action!
On Thursday, July 18, please join us for an exciting event from 7-9 p.m., at The Mansion at MGM Grand Las Vegas. Enjoy an unforgettable evening of festive cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and many surprises with Hyatt Gold Passport members from around the globe.

On Friday, July 19, you'll be treated to your choice of one of three daytime activities:
• Gallery of Fine Art at the Bellagio
• Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
• Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat And your choice between two spectacular evening performances:
• KÀ by Cirque du Soleil®
• Zarkana™ by Cirque du Soleil®
Your luck just keeps getting better!
Join us in Las Vegas and receive NOIR status, the most elite M life Tier Level, which includes special perks and privileges like guaranteed show and dining reservations, complimentary limousine service to and from the airport and more.

Capacity is limited to the first 100 RSVPs. Invitation is non-transferable.

See Terms & Conditions below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I found little information about "Mlife Noir", I am not so sure if it is worthwhile for me to fly 20 hours to get there just to grab a Noir card. Any idea?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Noir status is by invitation only... i.e. exclusive (so long as you enjoy the vices Vegas has to offer).

To get that invitation, you need to spend serious $$$

If Vegas isn't a place that ticks the boxes for you then Meh... just another card (although the limo transfers are great, and one of my friends who did have that status reserved a standard fountain view room at the Bellagio this past Christmas and ended up being upgraded into one of there Grand Lakeview Suites, i.e. from a room that at the time had a $230 p/n rate, to a $1k+ p/n room)
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by cic
No, and I am jealous. If you don't mind my asking, what do you think qualified you for this? Do you have the Courtesy Card, or lifetime Diamond, or special relationship with a particular Hyatt, etc.? I guess as just a plain-ole' Diamond Hyatt Insiders member, I am out of this one!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by mecabq
No, and I am jealous. If you don't mind my asking, what do you think qualified you for this? Do you have the Courtesy Card, or lifetime Diamond, or special relationship with a particular Hyatt, etc.? I guess as just a plain-ole' Diamond Hyatt Insiders member, I am out of this one!
I am way jealous too! I've even already booked two MLife vacations since they have combined our Passport benefits.

Congratulations!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:48 am

"You'll enjoy two nights on us." Who is "us"?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:37 am
cic
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetAway
"You'll enjoy two nights on us." Who is "us"?

The letter was sent by Hyatt Gold Passport, therefore I guess "us" is Hyatt.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by cic
The letter was sent by Hyatt Gold Passport, therefore I guess "us" is Hyatt.
That makes this all the more "interesting." My initial thought was that this was some sort of MGM promotion or even that of a third party. This seems to be the equivalent of the much-criticized 50,000 UA miles giveaway which went to certain "select" GP members.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cic

John, you've hit the jackpot!

You and a guest are exclusively invited to celebrate the new relationship between M life and Hyatt Gold Passport in Las Vegas, July 18-19. You'll enjoy two nights on us at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, access to your choice of exhilarating shows and the ultimate VIP treatment.

Get ready for all the action!
On Thursday, July 18, please join us for an exciting event from 7-9 p.m., at The Mansion at MGM Grand Las Vegas. Enjoy an unforgettable evening of festive cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and many surprises with Hyatt Gold Passport members from around the globe.

On Friday, July 19, you'll be treated to your choice of one of three daytime activities:
• Gallery of Fine Art at the Bellagio
• Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
• Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat And your choice between two spectacular evening performances:
• KÀ by Cirque du Soleil®
• Zarkana™ by Cirque du Soleil®
Your luck just keeps getting better!
Join us in Las Vegas and receive NOIR status, the most elite M life Tier Level, which includes special perks and privileges like guaranteed show and dining reservations, complimentary limousine service to and from the airport and more.

Capacity is limited to the first 100 RSVPs. Invitation is non-transferable.

See Terms & Conditions below.

Since I found little information about "Mlife Noir", I am not so sure if it is worthwhile for me to fly 20 hours to get there just to grab a Noir card. Any idea?
Very cool! Just a few points:
1. Access to the Mansion is very hard. The only way you can visit the Mansion is by either being a Mansion guest (which requires A LOT of play) or by being a skyLOFTS guest having breakfast in their restaurant.
2. NOIR status is only given to those who gamble a lot.. at least $1M..
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I go to Vegas quite a bit, so I would happily travel to get a Noir card. The benefits aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but there are still a lot of solid perks. It is an invite-only tier, so in that sense it is the equivalent of Courtesy Card. Maybe if HGP'ers think about it that way, they understand better what it does.

I'll also say this: There are a lot of ex-Noir gamblers who are going to be pretty ticked off that MGM is giving this away to 100 people for free. I don't even gamble much at MGM properties anymore and I still think it's a total joke, but then again so is mlife in general.

Originally Posted by JetAway
That makes this all the more "interesting." My initial thought was that this was some sort of MGM promotion or even that of a third party. This seems to be the equivalent of the much-criticized 50,000 UA miles giveaway which went to certain "select" GP members.
For the reasons above, I'd say it's actually worse than 50k UA miles because Noir is such an exclusive tier. It only comes back towards "balancing out" in the sense that only a select part of HGP (i.e., Vegas visitors) can take advantage of this offer, whereas probably a much greater portion of HGP could use 50k UA miles.

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Very cool! Just a few points: ...
2. NOIR status is only given to those who gamble a lot.. at least $1M..
Way more than $1M over the course of a calendar year. $1M is what a typical 1k/hand BJ player will put in during a weekend.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Thursday and a Friday in Vegas in JULY.... NO THANK YOU... not a status invite... more like a sin city junkie invite.... VEGAS IS SO TACKY. a CHIT HOLE more like it.... they need the business.

Originally Posted by file51
Noir status is by invitation only... i.e. exclusive (so long as you enjoy the vices Vegas has to offer).

To get that invitation, you need to spend serious $$$

If Vegas isn't a place that ticks the boxes for you then Meh... just another card (although the limo transfers are great, and one of my friends who did have that status reserved a standard fountain view room at the Bellagio this past Christmas and ended up being upgraded into one of there Grand Lakeview Suites, i.e. from a room that at the time had a $230 p/n rate, to a $1k+ p/n room)
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:08 pm
cic
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar
I go to Vegas quite a bit, so I would happily travel to get a Noir card. The benefits aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but there are still a lot of solid perks.
Would you share with us what solid perks they offer to Noir status. Thanks.

Last edited by Markie; Jun 30, 2013 at 10:42 pm
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Thursday and a Friday in Vegas in JULY.... NO THANK YOU... not a status invite... more like a sin city junkie invite.... VEGAS IS SO TACKY. a CHIT HOLE more like it.... they need the business.
I am sure that Hyatt is now secure in their decision not to invite you.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PC, Marriott Gold
Would you share with us what solid perks they offer to Noir status. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You get comp limo service from/to airport.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:00 pm
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Ah I have been wondering since last week why this offer has not showed up yet in FT. I got the same offer too and I had to call the Diamond desk to ensure it's a legit offer (and it apparently is). I am definitely going because of the free MGM Noir status. Access to the Mansion and free tickets to Cirque du Soleil are nice too.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cic
Would you share with us what solid perks they offer to Noir status. Thanks.
See the benefits here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.