FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "You are invited"
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:02 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I go to Vegas quite a bit, so I would happily travel to get a Noir card. The benefits aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but there are still a lot of solid perks. It is an invite-only tier, so in that sense it is the equivalent of Courtesy Card. Maybe if HGP'ers think about it that way, they understand better what it does.

I'll also say this: There are a lot of ex-Noir gamblers who are going to be pretty ticked off that MGM is giving this away to 100 people for free. I don't even gamble much at MGM properties anymore and I still think it's a total joke, but then again so is mlife in general.

Originally Posted by JetAway
That makes this all the more "interesting." My initial thought was that this was some sort of MGM promotion or even that of a third party. This seems to be the equivalent of the much-criticized 50,000 UA miles giveaway which went to certain "select" GP members.
For the reasons above, I'd say it's actually worse than 50k UA miles because Noir is such an exclusive tier. It only comes back towards "balancing out" in the sense that only a select part of HGP (i.e., Vegas visitors) can take advantage of this offer, whereas probably a much greater portion of HGP could use 50k UA miles.

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Very cool! Just a few points: ...
2. NOIR status is only given to those who gamble a lot.. at least $1M..
Way more than $1M over the course of a calendar year. $1M is what a typical 1k/hand BJ player will put in during a weekend.