Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I'd like to know if you can get the accounts linked prior to traveling to Vegas. I say that because as an mlife plat status makes you eligible for priority early/late checkin/checkout and room upgrades (subject to availability).
Don't expect room upgrades... except to maybe a strip-view room.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Don't expect room upgrades... except to maybe a strip-view room.
IMO that's well worth it. I'm tired of rooms facing the back alley and the empty desert =(
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
IMO that's well worth it. I'm tired of rooms facing the back alley and the empty desert =(
Haha, I agree but I'm sure many FTers are hoping for a suite upgrade.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Haha, I agree but I'm sure many FTers are hoping for a suite upgrade.
True, true...
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:19 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Looking Good

https://www.mlife.com/pages/tier_ben...las_vegas.html

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...OJELVISEM13_G-

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 16, 2013 at 4:35 pm
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Shhhhh... Some of us like empty desert views. ("Please don't throw me in the briar patch!) ...and real darkness when we finally try to crash.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
...and a very nice combined rendition, 777 global mile hound. Bookmarked. ^
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:41 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
looks like things are off to a slow start... earlier this week I checked into the mirage... gave them my mlife and hyatt gp card on checkin (booked directly from mlife.com) and was told that 'earningHyatt points' doesn't start until August (and the front desk agent confirmed this with a supervisor)....since I had changed my stay from another after this relationship started I was less than pleased. I called GP and they assured me that if I don't end up receiving the points that I should fax in my receipt for any stay for a check-in after 6/20. So that was reassuring at least from the hyatt end.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Renard
looks like things are off to a slow start... earlier this week I checked into the mirage... gave them my mlife and hyatt gp card on checkin (booked directly from mlife.com) and was told that 'earningHyatt points' doesn't start until August (and the front desk agent confirmed this with a supervisor)....since I had changed my stay from another after this relationship started I was less than pleased. I called GP and they assured me that if I don't end up receiving the points that I should fax in my receipt for any stay for a check-in after 6/20. So that was reassuring at least from the hyatt end.
Tell the front desk to go to https://www.mlife.com/pages/preferred_partners.html
It clearly states June 20.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Has any Diamond member been successful in getting "free breakfast" at any of these MGM properties?
Not too impressed with MLife benefits.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Tell the front desk to go to https://www.mlife.com/pages/preferred_partners.html
It clearly states June 20.
It states June 20 as the start date for M Life members to receive benefit at Hyatt, not the other way around.

The Hyatt page:
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content..._vegas_hpma_en
Doesn't list a start date, other than August for status match. In fact, that Hyatt page reads like August is the start date.

This is a confusion which MLife and Hyatt management need to address.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Has any Diamond member been successful in getting "free breakfast" at any of these MGM properties? ......
I would be surprised if anyone did. I don't think that's ever part of the agreement.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
I know it's not part of the agreement.
Just wondering if any of these properties comp the breakfast under certain situations. I guess having diamond status won't be one of them.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:02 pm

Had my first stay on the 30th. Still waiting for it to post. My Mlife account showed it the next day.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by antonius66
Had my first stay on the 30th. Still waiting for it to post. My Mlife account showed it the next day.
+1. mlife posted my stay the day after checkout, but nothing from Hyatt yet.

As a data point, when I called mlife to have my GP number added (June 25th), they had no idea what I was talking about (but agreed to put it in a 'comments' section of my reservation).

Upon checking in to THEHotel on 6/30, the desk agent was clueless about any relationship to GP. After asking for a supervisor, they confirmed that they could add it to my reservation, but were adamant that I would not earn a stay, or any points, since it was a comped night through mlife.

I explained that I understood I would not receive a stay credit, but that I expected to earn points for spend. They were "certain" I would not, but rather than debate it, I just asked them to add my GP number anyway.

Hopefully the points will post, but I suspect I will have to call GP and send them my receipt...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.