Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Charlesatlarge
Hyatt is clearly trying to reduce the number of successful claims. I submitted one for the GH Singapore, 349 on Hyatt.com and 255 on otel.com. Apparently because you have to create a profile on otel.com it makes it a member only website.

Submitted a claim to SPG for the St. Regis, also found a better rate on otel.com and got accepted within 2 hours.

I hope the savings are enough to compensate all the customers they're losing with this new process. They used to have the best BRG out there!
It's mentioned several times in this thread, including in the Wiki on the first page, that otel.com doesn't work.

I don't think Hyatt is losing business with the new process. I've had several claims approved and rejected. Even when my claims are rejected, I still stay at the Hyatt. Why? Because for me, no other loyalty program to which I belong comes even close to offering me the benefits that Hyatt does. I don't think I am all that unusual in that respect. The percentage of people who use BRG as compared to those who stay at Hyatt properties is miniscule. I'm guessing it's far less than 1%.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Yes, BRG approved & rebooked (it was a prepay/non-refundable rate)

Hyatt.com - 1950CNY, expedia.com 1574CNY

(Club King, Hyatt on the Bund, Shanghai China)

I completed the web form, submitted the screenshot pdf yesterday afternoon and received a confirmation email this morning that they approved the claim but I needed to book so they had my confirmation # to work with. I booked on the Hyatt website then called, my credit card hadn't been charged yet so they made the price adjustments and emailed me a new confirmation with the lower room charge.

Can't wait for our first trip to Shanghai!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:53 pm

Hyatt BRG . Experts needed

Hey,

I am looking for a room either in the hyatt Jersey on the Hudson or in NYC from oct 13-16 and a room in one of the hyatts in SFO from oct 31 - nov 4th this year. has anyone some suggestions where I could find a low rate that I could claim for the BRG? The prices on both dates for both cities are quite high (very high). any suggestions from the experts here? since I´m not from the USA I´m not sooo familiar with your special websites :-)

Thx!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Daniel Jelinek
Hey,

I am looking for a room either in the hyatt Jersey on the Hudson or in NYC from oct 13-16 and a room in one of the hyatts in SFO from oct 31 - nov 4th this year. has anyone some suggestions where I could find a low rate that I could claim for the BRG? The prices on both dates for both cities are quite high (very high). any suggestions from the experts here? since I´m not from the USA I´m not sooo familiar with your special websites :-)

Thx!
Read the last 50-60 posts in this thread for some ideas. Some have luck with one site but others don't. Hyatt is tough on honoring BRG claims.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
San Diego Andaz in October.

Queen room, 3 nights.

Hyatt.com: $209/night

competing site: $188/night

BRG rate: $150/night

applied DSU as well.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:10 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee

Greetings FlyerTalkers,

Happy Sunday!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still monitoring the thread, and to announce some changes to the program. We have recently updated our terms and conditions, and any membership site, regardless of whether or not it is a free membership, will no longer be honored.

As always, if you have any issues with the process, or questions about Hyatt's Best Rate Guarantee program, please feel free to email me.

Safe travels,

Dana Mowrey
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
One step forward, two steps back.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It seems membership sites are not the only exemption:

"Reservations booked or claims submitted within 24 hours of arrival at the hotel."
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by danger
It seems membership sites are not the only exemption:

"Reservations booked or claims submitted within 24 hours of arrival at the hotel."
That's unfortunate, I was very pleased when I was told to call and they immediately processed a claim that was for the next day. Hopefully this trend of backtracking doesn't continue. In a few months they've taken one of the best BRG systems and made it average.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, Continental Silver
otel.com claim denied

My BRG was denied because otel.com requires a membership. This is a free membership site and meets the terms you described above. I called Hyatt customer service and was told otel.com is on the list of unapproved sites. When I provided your name, I was told you were one of the managers that put otel.com on the list! I was asked to call back later when you or another manager is in.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by judyfromct
My BRG was denied because otel.com requires a membership. This is a free membership site and meets the terms you described above. I called Hyatt customer service and was told otel.com is on the list of unapproved sites. When I provided your name, I was told you were one of the managers that put otel.com on the list! I was asked to call back later when you or another manager is in.
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Greetings FlyerTalkers,

Happy Sunday!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still monitoring the thread, and to announce some changes to the program. We have recently updated our terms and conditions, and any membership site, regardless of whether or not it is a free membership, will no longer be honored.

As always, if you have any issues with the process, or questions about Hyatt's Best Rate Guarantee program, please feel free to email me.

Safe travels,

Dana Mowrey
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:14 pm

Here is a quick breakdown of the changes made: http://www.diffchecker.com/mmn14z3o
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MattPol
Here is a quick breakdown of the changes made: http://www.diffchecker.com/mmn14z3o
Wow. According to line 22, the "Best rate guarantee" is really no longer a guarantee at all.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
"Please don't book with us," said the Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee to the customer. "We can't compete with websites that make you give them your EMAIL."
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:14 pm

Hyatt Regency Tokyo in August/September.

King View, 5 nights.

Hyatt.com: 22,170 JPY/night

Competing site (www.hotels.com - Japan (English page): 21,160 JPY/night

BRG rate: 16,928 JPY/night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.