Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Toiletries at Park Hyatts (Was name your Blaise Mautin fragrance)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletries at Park Hyatts (Was name your Blaise Mautin fragrance)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2009, 5:29 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Another reason besides the lovely people who live nearby, you mean?
It's always good to come to Chicago.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by pdb
I've got to add that while the scents may be intoxicating, the hair conditioner does not condition and the hand lotion does not provide lasting skin hydration. Using these products during the dry winters is particularly unsatisfying. I'd prefer to have products which actually work, thank you. (I'll never understand how a clear hair conditioner could ever be expected to condition.)
Regrettably I'll have to agree with you - the scents are unique and interesting, but the actual product quality is poor. The lotion does indeed not moisturize, and the bath gel leaves the skin dry. I wish they'd improve the quality of the products. Otherwise, give us good-quality toiletries that actually perform (like L'Occitane, Aesop and Ren), plus a small bottle of the BM fragrance.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by schriste
I finally tried the stuff in Zurich a few weeks ago. Not sure I understand what the fuss is all about. It is certainly not horrible (except for the conditioner… it is like sludge… sort of like an orange and celery smoothie in a bottle… seriously feel like I need to wash my hair again after using it)...
I am not sure about PH Zurich's BM scent. Someone mentioned a citrus smell, while I thought I detected lemongrass, but then I'm no expert. To me, it smells syrupy sweet but refreshing and brings to mind sodapop. I kinda like it, although it's my distant third choice after the original scent at Vendome and a close second rose scent at Istanbul.

Also, I don't know what the scent has to do with Zurich in general and the PH Zurich in particular - it reminds me more of a spa resort in SE Asia.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 2:47 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Park Hyatt Canberra - Vive (Australian brand)
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
1.The old one from PH Zurich, that they have now changed
2. The one in PH Milan
3. The new one at PH Zurich
FYI PH Hamburg gives you octtaine amenities
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

FWIW, the complimentary body lotion comes in two sizes at the PH Vendome. First time I've noticed it. The new (?) size is about half-again the size of the one we're used to. I'm not sure if this has been noted in the PH Vendome thread ...or maybe everyone but me already knows.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:16 am

I believe they come in 50ml and 80ml bottle. The 80ml bottle is given in Suites, while the 50ml bottle is for regular rooms.

I hope they are not introducing smaller bottle than 50ml.

Originally Posted by Firewind
FWIW, the complimentary body lotion comes in two sizes at the PH Vendome. First time I've noticed it. The new (?) size is about half-again the size of the one we're used to. I'm not sure if this has been noted in the PH Vendome thread ...or maybe everyone but me already knows.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
No, it's as you say. There just aren't volume markings on the containers, so I couldn't report them.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I believe they come in 50ml and 80ml bottle. The 80ml bottle is given in Suites, while the 50ml bottle is for regular rooms.
I was recently (a couple of days ago) in a jr. suite, which was originally set up with the slightly bigger bottles, but subsequently they replenished with the regular 50ml bottles. Is that normal, or is it one of the many cost cutting measures at the PH Vendome? For instance, replenished slippers from day 2 on are cheap white ones. Also, for the first time, no Diamond amenities - before, they used to always offer a bottle of red wine and a small fruit plate.

Last edited by sfvoyage; Apr 14, 2009 at 5:11 pm Reason: defined "recently"
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I was recently in a jr. suite, which was originally set up with the slightly bigger bottles, but subsequently they replenished with the regular 50ml bottles. Is that normal, or is it one of the many cost cutting measures at the PH Vendome? For instance, replenished slippers from day 2 on are cheap white ones. Also, for the first time, no Diamond amenities - before, they used to always offer a bottle of red wine and a small fruit plate.
Not sure what recent is for you, but we stayed at the PH in the Jr. Suite in late February and was supplied with the 80ml bottles as well as a bottle of red wine and chocolates. There was not small fruit plate.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Link to Purchase Blaise Mautin Soap/Shampoo/Perfume?

Has anyone found a way to purchase Blaise Mautin products online?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:01 pm

Can someone confirm the following, please:

PH Beiing: Acca Kappa - White Moss
PH Shanghai: Aromatherapy Associates (used to be Acca Kappa)

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Can someone confirm the following, please:

PH Beiing: Acca Kappa - White Moss
PH Shanghai: Aromatherapy Associates (used to be Acca Kappa)

Thanks!
Confirmed.

Just stayed there a month ago !

Cheers,
S.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: Quite a few...
PH Paris-Vendôme, in its Sensorial Boutique, now also sells large (500ml?) bottles of its wonderful Blaise Mautin toiletries. I have not asked for the price, though...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:20 am

Programs: Various
10/09 PH Sydney (non suite) VIVE products
11/09 PH Melbourne (non suite) VIVE products

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.