Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:10 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jaxbill
Does this property offer cooked-to-order omelets and eggs at the buffet? Can you order from the menu without any hassle? I'm always looking for the Hyatts with an omelet stand included in the buffet.

Thanks
Yes. You order from the server and they bring it to you. You can also order waffles from your server.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Quote:

Does this property offer cooked-to-order omelets and eggs at the buffet? Can you order from the menu without any hassle? I'm always looking for the Hyatts with an omelet stand included in the buffet.

Thanks

Yes. You order from the server and they bring it to you. You can also order waffles from your server.
I'd advise staying away from the industrial liquid egg whites that is full of sodium and who knows what else at the buffet station. I fell for it once several months ago.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Originally Posted by savekenny
I'd advise staying away from the industrial liquid egg whites that is full of sodium and who knows what else at the buffet station. I fell for it once several months ago.

I usually order fresh scrambled eggs...they don't seem to have a problem with that. The fresh cooked ones are organic. But, most of the wait staff recognize me, Unk if that makes a difference.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:36 pm

Notes on current stay. Two caveats: This is probably my hundredth stay here. I'm always delighted anytime I'm in a full-service hotel, so there's that bias.

Four days this stay. It's really been a great stay. I got a high-floor room with a balcony - the first meaningful upgrade I can recall in the past ten-plus years. Renovated room is an improvement, if only because it's different. There are ample electrical outlets, good space, comfortable/comforting decor, seemingly upgraded HVAC (quieter and more effective); light switches aren't where you'd expect them, i.e., right next to doors, but I'm adjusting. And adjusting to the auto-off bathroom lights. Low occupancy means more than ample parking and a quiet fitness center, most of the day.

Service has been great. Late check-out offered and I might just (unusually) take them up on it. I'm not having my room made up daily; housekeepers are really good about catching me in the hall to make sure I'm well-equipped.

Sure, I wish the Regency Club was open, but I understand why it's not.

Overall, I'm grateful for the low rates that allowed me to return. It's been a treat.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
Stadium View King / Double

I'm quite amazed that they would charge $30 - $50 extra for rooms that face the Stadium. I can't see why anyone would pay extra to look at that dull piece of architecture. It's not like you have a view of the field and can watch the 49ers lose again, or can enjoy the street/stadium action from your room.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Andaz5
I'm quite amazed that they would charge $30 - $50 extra for rooms that face the Stadium. I can't see why anyone would pay extra to look at that dull piece of architecture. It's not like you have a view of the field and can watch the 49ers lose again, or can enjoy the street/stadium action from your room.
I agree. I'm a sports hater, especially where public funds are applied (I don't know if they were here). If someone wants to pay extra, go for it. I just hope I never check in and hear "we've upgraded you to a stadium-view room"!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Andaz5

I wouldn't much extra for the view, but I've never previously heard the opinion that the architecture is dull. Have you seen it in person?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by JackE
I wouldn't much extra for the view, but I've never previously heard the opinion that the architecture is dull. Have you seen it in person?
it looks like a stadium... like every other stadium.... good thing is you get to see the flashing lights all night long from their LED signs rolling random ads on the corner entrance facing the hotel....

I wouldn't pay for any view from that hotel... not even sure Id pay extra for the few balcony rooms (which face towards the front of the hotel.)
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
It's a desperate attempt for extra revenue by poor management... pay extra for a view of 2 parking garages with a stadium in the distance.

Originally Posted by austin_modern
it looks like a stadium... like every other stadium.... good thing is you get to see the flashing lights all night long from their LED signs rolling random ads on the corner entrance facing the hotel....

I wouldn't pay for any view from that hotel... not even sure Id pay extra for the few balcony rooms (which face towards the front of the hotel.)
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Thanks
Originally Posted by Pat89339
FYI I stayed here a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday night and had breakfast in the restaurant on Monday. They said they no longer have the omelet menu like they used to. This was for the buffet - I don't know if it would be any different if you were ordering ala carte.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
It's a desperate attempt for extra revenue by poor management... pay extra for a view of 2 parking garages with a stadium in the distance.
I can't recall getting rooms that don't include parking views. There's a bunch of parking in front, both sides, and the back, including the rooftop parking for the convention center.

The only reason I don't like the stadium is it's made this property less attainable due to increased demand. Most of the new demand comes from the uptick in Silicon Valley.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The views from the hotel, west with the street level parking lot in front of the hotel, with palm trees or toward the east with the massive concrete convention center parking garage and City of Santa Clara garage are much different. Take a look, they are not the same. The parking garages dominate the view toward the east. The ground parking lot toward the west is hardly even noticed unless you look straight down.

Originally Posted by JackE
I can't recall getting rooms that don't include parking views. There's a bunch of parking in front, both sides, and the back, including the rooftop parking for the convention center.

The only reason I don't like the stadium is it's made this property less attainable due to increased demand. Most of the new demand comes from the uptick in Silicon Valley.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jan 26, 2015 at 12:15 am
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:24 am

Checked in tonight, no parking spots in the front lot, so I parked in the garage. I was dismayed to discover that they now lock those new sliding doors closest to the garage side at night. They have keycard access but of course you don't have a keycard when you're checking in. I don't know who made the bone-headed decision to do that. There's no protection during rain or harsh weather when walking around the corner to the front entrance. Fortunately the weather was ok.

I'm on the 14th floor and the hallways, elevator lobby and rooms have all had a soft-refurb, new paint (grey/white scheme in the hallways), new carpet in the hallways, new carpet, drapes, wallpaper, lamps, thermostats, chair, wall hangings, desk accessories including multiple outlets and new large Samsung flat panel etc in the rooms. And those ugly white leather chairs have been replaced by something that fits much better, a chair + ottoman. The chair is wide enough for me to use the ottoman + chair to open my bag and the room now has a folding metal luggage rack in the "closet" area.

FDC told me they are working on the last 2 floors (3 and 4 I think) and when done will cut over to the digital feed for the TVs. Expected completion for the rooms is this month I believe.

Club was "closed" tonight.

-David
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Checked in tonight, no parking spots in the front lot, so I parked in the garage. I was dismayed to discover that they now lock those new sliding doors closest to the garage side at night. They have keycard access but of course you don't have a keycard when you're checking in. I don't know who made the bone-headed decision to do that. There's no protection during rain or harsh weather when walking around the corner to the front entrance. Fortunately the weather was ok.
They've done that for a year now IIRC. I've almost done face-2-door there a couple times not paying attention. They need to set up another series of the sidewalk covers up the rest of the way.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
They've done that for a year now IIRC. I've almost done face-2-door there a couple times not paying attention. They need to set up another series of the sidewalk covers up the rest of the way.
I was wondering when they did that because I've been parking in the front. Last night there were zero spots in front.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.