Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... sorry for the abysmally large photos... I'm not resizing them.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:04 pm

I was told about the TVs after a comment in a recent post-stay survey, and they will eventually switch to the digital and HD feeds instead of the analog ones they currently use.

-David
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
By the photos the rooms still look pretty dumpy, they need to get rid of that lame open closet and odd bathroom sink... in addition the showers and tub is so 90s.

My team did a tour of this hotel for a potential 4 day conference, it was the weakest hotel in the area, food, AV and service really lacked, the building is falling apart, perfect for the Levi's stadium crowd.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Hmm, the changes that jump out at me:
-Power outlets in the bedside lamps which is good
-Handles on the drawers on the bedside tables which is good

Still the same bedside tables apparently though since I can see the integrated power on one of them, just added handles. And I bet those are still the only drawers in the room.... And what's that white round thing on the "desk"? Is that the power cord setup you mentioned?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:51 am

I hope they get rid of those white leather chairs. So out of place there.

That bed pic reminds me ...

Am I the only one that spends 5 minutes untucking sheets at Hyatt Regencies? How can you get into that bed without untucking the sheets? And then you have to retuck the bottom sheets because they invariably also become untucked too.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 13, 2014 at 4:58 am
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
LOL...

Yes, the bed pic reminds me of something.... A suite at the Andaz San Diego were they have condoms, vibrators in the mini-bar and a dance pole .... I guess they are trying to re-energizer that Levi Stadium 49er crowd after another depressing and dull Kaepernick game.

Originally Posted by LIH Prem

Am I the only one that spends 5 minutes untucking sheets at Hyatt Regencies? How can you get into that bed without untucking the sheets? And then you have to retuck the bottom sheets because they invariably also become untucked too.

-David
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Smile

-David
Maybe you could ask housekeeping for "no tuck" service. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George asked the maid not to tuck while Jerry wanted his bed tucked.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Andaz5
LOL...

Yes, the bed pic reminds me of something.... A suite at the Andaz San Diego were they have condoms, vibrators in the mini-bar and a dance pole .... I guess they are trying to re-energizer that Levi Stadium 49er crowd after another depressing and dull Kaepernick game.
Every HR tucks the same way unfortunately. And the bottom sheet is always short-sheeted at thr foot end. I'm sure it's a brand standard. One that I just don't appreciate I guess, but the room looks crisp and clean with that tuck and I guess that's what they are going for.

The target customer for the HR Santa Clara really hasn't changed much on 99% of nights .. it's a convention hotel, connected to the Santa Clara Convention Center with Techmart next door and with several companies in the nearby area. Prior to the stadium opening, the hotel had weddings, parties, etc on weekends, but tended not to be fully utilized and a good source of relatively inexpensive weekend stays when the lounge was closed. Stadium events have changed that a bit but not all that much as far as I can tell. The main thing that's changed over the last few years, including 2015, is that my corporate rate has gone up quite a bit there. The thing that's never changed there is that it's difficult to book this property mid-week.

Not sure why you keep mentioning the Levi's stadium crowd. Is it supposed to be a disparaging remark towards 49ers fans?

I'm also curious about what area hotel your team decided was better than HR Santa Clara. There isn't a lot of choice (compared to the amount of business there is) in that immediate area.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Maybe you could ask housekeeping for "no tuck" service. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George asked the maid not to tuck while Jerry wanted his bed tucked.
Can we request the no tuck tick box be added to our profiles?

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 14, 2014 at 4:40 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
There is a hotel not to far down Great America Parkway we selected. The recent renovation is beautiful, it seems more like a resort than a dated convention hotel. Additionally, their regional sales office and event staff offered far superior service than the Santa Clara Hyatt.

I'm also curious about what area hotel your team decided was better than HR Santa Clara. There isn't a lot of choice (compared to the amount of business there is) in that immediate area.

-David
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
There is a hotel not to far down Great America Parkway we selected. The recent renovation is beautiful, it seems more like a resort than a dated convention hotel. Additionally, their regional sales office and event staff offered far superior service than the Santa Clara Hyatt.
Well let's see. Your choices are:
Hilton Santa Clara (directly across the street)
Marriott Santa Clara
Embassy Suites Santa Clara

All are within 1.5 miles of the Hyatt.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Compared to Hyatt their meeting planner benefits are far more rewarding... 3 points for every $$$ spent and I get points for all the rooms charged to my rewards account. On top of that there are over 4,000 hotels in the world where I can use these points.

So lets see... we are spending over $250,000 on this 3 day meeting... at Hyatt I would get 250,000 points, and just points for 3 rooms... but just down the street I will get over 750,000 reward points and points of all rooms under my rewards number.

I'm amazed at the service, and how they reach out to me and my guest.... they are far ahead of Hyatt in this market.

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Well let's see. Your choices are:
Hilton Santa Clara (directly across the street)
Marriott Santa Clara
Embassy Suites Santa Clara

All are within 1.5 miles of the Hyatt.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Compared to Hyatt their meeting planner benefits are far more rewarding... 3 points for every $$$ spent and I get points for all the rooms charged to my rewards account. On top of that there are over 4,000 hotels in the world where I can use these points.

So lets see... we are spending over $250,000 on this 3 day meeting... at Hyatt I would get 250,000 points, and just points for 3 rooms... but just down the street I will get over 750,000 reward points and points of all rooms under my rewards number.

I'm amazed at the service, and how they reach out to me and my guest.... they are far ahead of Hyatt in this market.
I'm not sure why you won't just say the chain, but your clues are enough to pinpoint it. However, I think your math is really off if I'm reading their terms correctly:
EARN
You'll receive:
  • Maximum rewards of 50,000 points (3 points per $1 USD) or 15,000 miles (1 mile per $1 USD) with one qualifying event
  • Points for each room night, regardless if you or your guest is paying for it
Hyatt seems to have a 50k cap as well....
Old Dec 21, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Have taken my nieces here about 30 times for weekend dance conventions. The staff has always been very kind, and have usually upgraded me to a massive suite.

The hotel is what it is- a convention hotel. My expectations are low, but I enjoy the breakfast, and my nieces love the pool. I also appreciate the complimentary valet as a diamond. I have gotten to know most of the staff and never have had any hesitations in staying again.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
The staff has always been very kind, and have usually upgraded me to a massive suite.

I also appreciate the complimentary valet as a diamond.
I agree about the staff, they are usually very nice. You are very lucky, I've stayed here a few dozen times, but rarely get the suite, not even the corner suites, much less the massive ones.

Thanks for info about complimentary valet for Diamonds, I didn't know.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Does this property offer cooked-to-order omelets and eggs at the buffet? Can you order from the menu without any hassle? I'm always looking for the Hyatts with an omelet stand included in the buffet.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.