Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/M Street REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC

The hotel opened last Friday, 4/15.

I completed a 3 night stay this past week as the Park Hyatt was sold out. Surprisingly, I didn't have any issues despite the hotel being brand new.

I arrived after midnight and check-in was quick. I was offered my Diamond Amenity points. Originally, I believe I booked a 2 queen corner, but was able to get a king bed, although my room was by the elevator and had a small window facing the interior courtyard and Marriott. Probably a downgrade, but I wanted the king bed and was tired. I couldn't hear any noise, but would've preferred an M street facing room. The room was typical Hyatt place. There weren't USB ports at the desk or by the bed, which I found annoying. I also didn't get any water bottles in the room, but don't think that's a Hyatt Place brand standard. The wifi was fast.

The workout facility is in the basement. My cellphone wouldn't work, but there was wifi. Good amount of cardio machines with cable tv. They didn't yet have free weights. The gym is pretty small with limited room to stretch.

I didn't try breakfast as it ran from 630 to 930. There is a Starbucks next door which I preferred.

There's valet parking. Didn't record the price.

Staff was friendly and seemed to know the drill. As I was leaving, I noticed them trying to figure out what to do with drycleaning. There will probably be a bit of teething early on, but that should be expected.

Overall, the location is convenient for work and the building is new. I much prefer the full service Park Hyatt even if it is a bit dated. Otherwise, the Hyatt Place is suitable for a couple of nights.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Marriott and Hyatt seem to have ideas to push the limits of using Georgetown. This Hyatt Place and the nearby Marriott both use Georgetown in the hotel names even when the properties are on the wrong side of Rock Creek in DC.

Still very convenient for Georgetown.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:52 pm

Did a quick one night stay here and it was much much better than the Hyatt Place Whitehouse. Less road noise and walls seemed more insulated. Quick 8-10 minute walk from the metro (yay silverline from IAD). Area is nice with lots of dining nearby. Overall a good property for the value if you want to be around Georgetown/westend.
platbrownguy and dpb132 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.