Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How long to transfer points to AA for miles?

Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold

Hi, my Hyatt account is pretty much an orphan, but I have just over 5k points, enough to transfer to AA, which I would like to do at some point to extend the expiration date of my AA miles. Has anyone done this recently, and how long did it take? Thx tls
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It is relatively rare for somebody on FT to waste valuable Hyatt points on AA miles. I recall the question being asked awhile ago and there were no recent data points.

But if those Hyatt points are truly orphaned, just send them sooner rather than later.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Well, I have just over 5,700 Hyatt points, but I don't tend to stay at a lot of Hyatts. I have another year and a half before they expire, but my AA miles will be expiring towards the end of this year, so need a way to keep those alive. I guess if I can keep the AA account alive (maybe AA dining next time I'm in the US) I can hang on to the Hyatt points to see if I do end up staying at more Hyatts. tls
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Well, I have just over 5,700 Hyatt points, but I don't tend to stay at a lot of Hyatts. I have another year and a half before they expire, but my AA miles will be expiring towards the end of this year, so need a way to keep those alive. I guess if I can keep the AA account alive (maybe AA dining next time I'm in the US) I can hang on to the Hyatt points to see if I do end up staying at more Hyatts. tls
Another way of extending the validity of your AAdvantage miles is to credit certain car rentals or hotel stays to your AAdvantage account. And you can also credit flights on oneworld airlines (and some non-oneworld airlines, too) to your AAdvantage account.
thelostshark likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.