Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hyatt in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Which Hyatt in NYC?

I have 2 free nights from the Chase Hyatt card and looking to use it early October.

The Park Hyatt is unavailable (already checked with the GP Concierge on here), as is the Andaz 5th Ave and Hyatt Union Square. I have 3 adults so some places don't have a room that fits more than 2.

Right now I'm booked at the Andaz Wall Street. We don't need to be near Times Square but wouldn't mind it but think we'd be ok with a quiet location. I'd rather be in a "nice" hotel with better service. It seems like the breakfast at the Wall Street isn't great but that's fine with me. How are some of the other Hyatt properties around Manhattan vs the Wall Street one? (excluding the ones that are not available) (i.e. the Times Square location)

I have an early flight out to London on BA from JFK (715AM flight) on a Wed morning but I'm guessing traffic out to JFK at that time shouldn't matter too much whether I'm leaving from Wall Street or Mid-town?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
I have 2 free nights from the Chase Hyatt card and looking to use it early October.

The Park Hyatt is unavailable (already checked with the GP Concierge on here), as is the Andaz 5th Ave and Hyatt Union Square. I have 3 adults so some places don't have a room that fits more than 2.

Right now I'm booked at the Andaz Wall Street. We don't need to be near Times Square but wouldn't mind it but think we'd be ok with a quiet location. I'd rather be in a "nice" hotel with better service. It seems like the breakfast at the Wall Street isn't great but that's fine with me. How are some of the other Hyatt properties around Manhattan vs the Wall Street one? (excluding the ones that are not available) (i.e. the Times Square location)

I have an early flight out to London on BA from JFK (715AM flight) on a Wed morning but I'm guessing traffic out to JFK at that time shouldn't matter too much whether I'm leaving from Wall Street or Mid-town?
I put a relative up in the Grand Hyatt recently (points) and the corner king room was surprisingly nice. I expect you could fit a rollaway bed in there. Heard mixed things about Hyatt Times Sq. The Andaz Wall Street sounds like your best bet for a spacious and stylish Hyatt room in Manhattan.

Traffic won't be an issue from any of these locations at 5AM.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Got it, thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Bump - I'm going to New York with my significant other next month. It'll be my second time in NY ever. My first was as a teen with my church so I plan to do things differently this time.

Anyways, I'm currently booked for 4 nights at the Andaz 5th Ave. I have 2 nights P+C w/DSU and 2 nights with Chase award. I would have done more on P+C+DSU but no availability on the suite on the 3rd night.

I'm thinking about booking the Park Hyatt for the last night with Chase award. I figured that I probably will never get another chance to stay here so why not. My biggest concern though is, of course, moving hotels. I just wanted some opinions though. Park Hyatt standard room vs Andaz standard room? (Since I assume we will have to move out the suite on after the second night.)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Bump - I'm going to New York with my significant other next month. It'll be my second time in NY ever. My first was as a teen with my church so I plan to do things differently this time.

Anyways, I'm currently booked for 4 nights at the Andaz 5th Ave. I have 2 nights P+C w/DSU and 2 nights with Chase award. I would have done more on P+C+DSU but no availability on the suite on the 3rd night.

I'm thinking about booking the Park Hyatt for the last night with Chase award. I figured that I probably will never get another chance to stay here so why not. My biggest concern though is, of course, moving hotels. I just wanted some opinions though. Park Hyatt standard room vs Andaz standard room? (Since I assume we will have to move out the suite on after the second night.)
Presumably your SO might not be thrilled with 2 nights in a suite, moving to a different room at the Andaz for 1 night, then moving to yet another hotel for the final night. You might want to consider using both Chase nights at the PH. As a Diamond, you're also more likely to get Deluxe rooms, rather than Standard ones.

From what I've read, the PH in New York doesn't quite wow people the same way other PHs do, and the Andaz 5th is many people's favourite Hyatt option in NYC.

Personally I would find it fun to try both and compare, but that depends on you and your SO's interest in packing up and moving to another hotel - a Diamond late check out at least means you don't have to leave one until 4pm, when the other hotel should definitely have your room ready. An extra 1,000 point Diamond amenity bonus is always handy as well.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Presumably your SO might not be thrilled with 2 nights in a suite, moving to a different room at the Andaz for 1 night, then moving to yet another hotel for the final night. You might want to consider using both Chase nights at the PH. As a Diamond, you're also more likely to get Deluxe rooms, rather than Standard ones.

From what I've read, the PH in New York doesn't quite wow people the same way other PHs do, and the Andaz 5th is many people's favourite Hyatt option in NYC.

Personally I would find it fun to try both and compare, but that depends on you and your SO's interest in packing up and moving to another hotel - a Diamond late check out at least means you don't have to leave one until 4pm, when the other hotel should definitely have your room ready. An extra 1,000 point Diamond amenity bonus is always handy as well.
Unfortunately the Park Hyatt did not have the two nights available or else I definitely would have moved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.