FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Hyatt in NYC?
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:06 pm
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Presumably your SO might not be thrilled with 2 nights in a suite, moving to a different room at the Andaz for 1 night, then moving to yet another hotel for the final night. You might want to consider using both Chase nights at the PH. As a Diamond, you're also more likely to get Deluxe rooms, rather than Standard ones.

From what I've read, the PH in New York doesn't quite wow people the same way other PHs do, and the Andaz 5th is many people's favourite Hyatt option in NYC.

Personally I would find it fun to try both and compare, but that depends on you and your SO's interest in packing up and moving to another hotel - a Diamond late check out at least means you don't have to leave one until 4pm, when the other hotel should definitely have your room ready. An extra 1,000 point Diamond amenity bonus is always handy as well.
Unfortunately the Park Hyatt did not have the two nights available or else I definitely would have moved.