Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Centric South Beach Miami REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centric South Beach Miami REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:19 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Wow, I'm shocked this property is considered a level 6!!!! I can name some level 6 properties off the top of my head; Andaz Liverpool, Andaz Wall Street, GH Hong Kong, which I can accept. Based on the pics, this property looks more like a HP.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gemini573
Wow, I'm shocked this property is considered a level 6!!!! I can name some level 6 properties off the top of my head; Andaz Liverpool, Andaz Wall Street, GH Hong Kong, which I can accept. Based on the pics, this property looks more like a HP.
I guess South Beach gives it +2 categories!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:22 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
IMHO GP's categories are based on the ADR.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by peter42
Does anybody have the email of the hotel?
Anyone knows?

Ideas to beat the 40$ daily parking?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by skaya
Anyone knows?

Ideas to beat the 40$ daily parking?
If you do kot need in/out there are parking lots around there.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:12 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by Aventine
I guess South Beach gives it +2 categories!
I'd rather save the points and spend it at the PH Maldives than for a Hyatt Place (yes, that's what it looks like) South Beach.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gemini573
I'd rather save the points and spend it at the PH Maldives than for a Hyatt Place (yes, that's what it looks like) South Beach.
Overall, I don't get the Centric brand and what they're going for.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Nice sea and city view from 10th floor. Nice cheese plate and full bottle of red as welcome. Better than 1K points. Had different nice options to choose from.

16$ 24h parking across the street. Nice boutique feel and great location. No dice with DSU.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by skaya
Nice sea and city view from 10th floor. Nice cheese plate and full bottle of red as welcome. Better than 1K points. Had different nice options to choose from.

16$ 24h parking across the street. Nice boutique feel and great location. No dice with DSU.
Did you have in and out privileges there?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:05 am

Stayed there in one of their suites, which was on the second floor. So no breath taking views as advertised and no room high windows as advertised too, one window was even tinted.

Apart from that the room was nice, with a dividing wall and sliding glas doors on both sides. Living room has a pull out sofa, so 4 people can sleep there.

Bathroom was nice with a big walk in shower.

Check in was so/so, took quite long and had to ask for the amenity points and the breakfast.

Breakfast was good, but somehow not completly taken off the bill until I complained about it.

Parking is easy in the garage on the other side of the street,
$16 overnight
$1 One hour
$2 two hours
$6 three hours
$10 4-6 hours

So no reason to use the $40++ valet
christine likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:09 pm

Stayed 3 nights over Thanksgiving break with wife and 2 kids. A few comments:

1. Suite - Don't recommend using DSU here if you get room #221 like I did during November stay. No windows can be opened in the entire hotel. It is my understand that all rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows, except for the 2nd floor. But all the suites are on the 2nd floor, which have windows less than half size of other rooms. Due to the limited exposure to sunshine, the humidity is a bit too high to my taste. I had a very late arrival (12AM) and switched to one of the best (prob. the BEST) room the next day. The plus side of the suite is the size, separate bathroom with double basins, and kinda separate living/bedroom (separated by glass wall + glass door + "closet").

2. Room - The Best room is #1001, which has the best ocean view and on the top floor. Michael at the front desk was super nice and helpful. After showing us 2 partial ocean-view rooms, which are okay, he was able to get us the #1001. Although the view is prob. the best and the room is prob. the largest standard room, it is still a bit tight for a family of 4. No idea why they put all the suite on the 2nd floor..... Anyhow, if you can score a #01 tier room, go for it, as it might be one of the best rooms in this hotel.

3. Breakfast - Diamond gets full breakfast with no limits. Although the waitress mentioned that I can only order up to $28 per person (which is the price of one of the breakfast package), everything over the $28 limit was taken cared of before checking out after chatting with Front desk. The food should be above average, but my son does not like the way they do the omelet.

4. Service - still some room for improvement. Michael was great to us! No complaints. But the hotel as a whole can definitely pay more attention to details. (a) Checked in at midnight but told that they put the crib (for my daughter) in a non-suite room; they moved the crib in like 15 minutes, and therefore my daughter had to wait for 15 minutes for her bedtime; (b) Breakfast charge was not automatically removed from the bill - have to ask for it; Was also charged for the mini-bar, called and got it removed; (c) need to pay $20 resort fee per night, which provides 2 chairs and towel at the beach. Parking is valet at $40, but you can park across street for much less. (like $16)

5. Location - not on the south beach, but very close (1 block away); It is on 16th and Collins, so just 1 block from the Lincoln Road Mall. Central location!

6. Others - (a) it has a pool; (b) free umbrella at valet; (c) lobby and restaurant on 3rd flr;

7. Overall - it is a new hotel and it is not bad. However, it is definitely not a category 6 (25,000 points) in my book. The decorations are just okay. It prob. deserves a cat 5 the most considering its location.
Old May 18, 2016, 10:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Nice property in a great location but not quite sure what it's trying to be. It's not as "special" as an Andaz IMO so where does it fit into the Hyatt brand?

I could kick myself as I forgot to check the rates until the day before we arrived and they had dropped by over $100 a night but had to cancel 3 days in advance. My own fault for not keeping on top of this.

We got room 1001 which is nice - not huge - and where are you supposed to put your clothes??

Breakfast was pretty good but limited selection. Pool is small and gets very crowded.

Overall it's a good property. View from 1001 below.
Attached Images  
Old May 27, 2016, 11:27 am

Was told by rep and @HyattConcierge that this hotel does not accept DSU's. Is that true?
Old May 28, 2016, 2:54 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by emosley
Was told by rep and @HyattConcierge that this hotel does not accept DSU's. Is that true?
Not that I am aware of. I only think it is not worthwhile at this location as all suites seem to be on floors 2 or 3 from what I understand from earlier posts here on FT.
These are the T&C for DSU, no mention of a Centric:

Suite upgrade awards are not available at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Park Hyatt Sydney, Andaz Tokyo, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, Hyatt Regency Tulsa, Hyatt Regency Wichita, Hyatt Paris Madeleine, Hyatt Herald Squre, Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa, Hyatt Manila City of Dreams, Hyatt Santa Barbara, Hyatt Residence Club resorts, Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels and M life resorts.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:09 am

I used a DSU there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.