Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Centric South Beach Miami REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Here now. Ground floor (will be retail) far from ready. Suites not ready. Not only the hotel is small, everything is, pool, restaurant, room. Probably the smallest room I've had in the US, 3ft on each side of the bed. Closet not big enough to hang pants. Still nice overall, but initial impression is short of expectations.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt South Beach to Open in 2015

Checked out today. Gym is not ready, they are offering access at the Loews across the street. Lots of works still going on with according noise and activity. Breakfast off a small menu, decent quality, chose 2 dishes and was taken off the bill at cko. I inquired about the $20 resort fee and was told it included 2 bottles of water (which I did not get), beach access at Loews and bicycle rental (which I was not aware of and nobody had told me about). FDA agent was apologetic but unwilling to remove the fee, offering 500 points compensation.

Staff overall friendly and eager to assist.

Overall I think the idea here is to provide a boutique hotel feeling while still offering the loyalty perks of a larger chain.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
am I right to assume that there is no beach/ocean view with this hotel?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt South Beach to Open in 2015

Most likely. If anything a handful of rooms on the top floors may have minimal partial view. Most of it is blocked by Loews and Royal Palm.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by banzani
Most likely. If anything a handful of rooms on the top floors may have minimal partial view. Most of it is blocked by Loews and Royal Palm.
Ok, I am glad cause I stayed at a Marriott with a beach front and my room had a full sea view.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:26 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Does anybody have the email of the hotel?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by banzani
Here now. Ground floor (will be retail) far from ready. Suites not ready. Not only the hotel is small, everything is, pool, restaurant, room. Probably the smallest room I've had in the US, 3ft on each side of the bed. Closet not big enough to hang pants. Still nice overall, but initial impression is short of expectations.
Sounds like a review of the Victor...
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:56 am

What level hotel is this?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by xmlmx
What level hotel is this?
Category 6 - see https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en...ry_display.jsp
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:37 pm

Nice staff, but a few issues

Checked in this afternoon. Extremely friendly staff. Room on 6th floor facing ocean (but as noted, could only see a bit of water due to Loews). Telephone in room did not work-fixed quickly. Desk right under the TV, but absolutely no plugs for charging laptop-two plugs on the pillar the TV is attached to are occupied by TV and cable box plugs. Jerry-rigged and inelegant solution-they provided a power strip, which my charger shared with the TV. Bad design.

Also found cigarette butt under the bed (this in a non-smoking room that probably has been occupied only a few times). Bathroom arrangement was not a problem for us. However, no robes provided. Low-end "coffee machine" (the one with the plastic trays you slide in). At check-in, was not given any information about using the Loews for workout, nor about the bicycles.

All in all (so far at least) a work in progress and certainly nothing like an Andaz or GH or PH.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by peteropny
Wow. Seems high considering Chicago is a 4. I would have put this as a 5 but not any higher after reading the comments here.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:01 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Aventine
Wow. Seems high considering Chicago is a 4. I would have put this as a 5 but not any higher after reading the comments here.
Seems high to me too but Victor was the top category when it was a Hyatt.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FD1971
Sounds like a review of the Victor...
Hey, I liked the Victor!!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Hey, I liked the Victor!!
Me too! And the rooms were far from small. Go stay at the SLS in south beach if you want to see a SMALL room!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Recently finished up a stay here and really enjoyed the hotel. Room decor is modern and I thought it had a nice South Beach feel. The lobby/restaurant/bar are on the 3rd floor and all combined into 1 room. The setup is a bit different but I thought it was interesting and enjoy it.

My room was on the top floor and I was upgraded to a Deluxe King. I thought the room size was decent, bigger than I expected. The view was nice and the ocean/beach was visible (blocked at many points but still pretty).

Overall the staff was fantastic. They were very friendly and seemed eager to help. Many remembered and addressed me by name, which I never expect since I am terrible with names.

Diamond breakfast allowed you to select an entree and two beverages for each guest from their restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.