Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

Just checked in here after a mind-numbing drive from Columbus. Not much to report, as it's an HP, but it is a new-build one and not a converted AmeriSuites. Reminds me of the HP Columbus/OSU a lot.

Walk-in shower and no tub, which is my #1 question about an unknown HP. Slightly wacky shower door design I've never seen before. The front glass shower wall extends only halfway, so there's the big opening, but here they have another ~12" wide swinging semicircular glass door that kind of helps to cover the opening. Hard to describe but nice, as these showers usually send water splashing out of the wide "door" which is really just a gap.

Location is good as well; lots of dining options about and a Whole Foods Market across the street. I saw the "Evil Czech" Brewery on the way in that's within walking distance, so at least I have my plans for tomorrow evening covered.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I should add that this property has one of the more absurd cancellation policies that I've seen (especially at a Hyatt). It's cancel 30 days out or take a one night penalty.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
It did not have that policy when I stayed there 4 months ago.
Found the staff very friendly, typical Hyatt Place as far as the room.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here on my drive from DC to Portland, OR, during COVID-19. Check in was a bit weird, as there was a large family in the lobby arguing with the agent that they shouldn't have to give a credit card for a pre-paid stay. They allowed me to check in, and I was quickly done. The bar was open, so I also had a drink and chatted with the friendly associate. Room was typical HP. No hot breakfast (COVID). Only complaint is that it's a bit far from the highway (12 min or so) for a quick enter/exit on a long roadtrip where that time really matters.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nevansm
... Only complaint is that it's a bit far from the highway (12 min or so) for a quick enter/exit on a long roadtrip where that time really matters.
The problem is that this property is pretty much halfway between the nearest toll road entrances, which are ~6 miles apart. I used to stay at this property a lot and IIRC it's usually ~10mins to either entrance unless really getting unlucky with traffic lights.

Of course, people passing through on the toll road should enter the city via the first exit and leave via the next.

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I should add that this property has one of the more absurd cancellation policies that I've seen (especially at a Hyatt). It's cancel 30 days out or take a one night penalty.
Responding to an old post, but IME this property typically has this type of extended cancellation period only when there are major events at Notre Dame.

Last edited by gengar; Jun 23, 2020 at 12:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.