Wiki Posts
Search

Best in the System: Cat. 4

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder how the rankings would change if Diamond elite benefits were considered, including the availability and qualify of lounges.
PHs would get a raise in my opinion as a Diamond for full breakfasts in room or restaurant. I tend to dislike GHs because of the continental, limited breakfast fare at the Grand club. I'm thinking of GH Seoul in this regard vs. PH Busan.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
PHs would get a raise in my opinion as a Diamond for full breakfasts in room or restaurant. I tend to dislike GHs because of the continental, limited breakfast fare at the Grand club. I'm thinking of GH Seoul in this regard vs. PH Busan.
It comes down to personal preference of course. In most cases the GH lounge breakfast is indeed worse than a PH, but then you get evening food and drinks. Some hotels let Diamonds eat BF in the restaurant, even when there is an open lounge, so that's another plus for those hotels that are flexible like that.

Even though I actively search out hotels with lounges to keep expenses down, I also recognise that my favorite hotels so far in Cat 4 and below are PH Siem Reap and Andaz Shanghai...

P.S. I do regret not trying out the PH Busan during my recent trip through Korea.
Old May 28, 2015, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It comes down to personal preference of course. In most cases the GH lounge breakfast is indeed worse than a PH, but then you get evening food and drinks. Some hotels let Diamonds eat BF in the restaurant, even when there is an open lounge, so that's another plus for those hotels that are flexible like that.

Even though I actively search out hotels with lounges to keep expenses down, I also recognise that my favorite hotels so far in Cat 4 and below are PH Siem Reap and Andaz Shanghai...

P.S. I do regret not trying out the PH Busan during my recent trip through Korea.
All very good points.

Lounges probably tend to score better during business trips. I'd rather just grab something free in the evening when I'm alone. I haven't been a lot of other Cat. 4s but I suspect you're right that the winner will have a) lounge and b) breakfast flexibility!

Last edited by Aventine; May 28, 2015 at 3:27 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old May 28, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN
Among the 4's Ive stayed at, when taking value, location and property into considerateion

#1 Hyatt Maui- free night in Hawaii: location, location, location
#2 Andaz Savannah- awesome design, and location
#3 Hyatt Place Chicago/River North- like any other Hyatt Place, great location, near the river boat tours, loop, & Magnificent Mile
#4 Hyatt Regency Minneapolis- Great Restaurant,weird floor layout but recently remodeled, enormous room on Nicolette Mall.

I'd love to try Papagayo.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Among the 4's Ive stayed at, when taking value, location and property into considerateion

#1 Hyatt Maui- free night in Hawaii: location, location, location
#2 Andaz Savannah- awesome design, and location
#3 Hyatt Place Chicago/River North- like any other Hyatt Place, great location, near the river boat tours, loop, & Magnificent Mile
#4 Hyatt Regency Minneapolis- Great Restaurant,weird floor layout but recently remodeled, enormous room on Nicolette Mall.

I'd love to try Papagayo.
#4 (Hyatt Regency Minneapolis) also has a Frank Lloyd Wright feel and a very good Regency Club lounge.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I personally wouldn't stay here when there's the HR Chicago a few blocks away with a Regency Club and 1000 amenity points also at Cat. 4.

Just got back from a lovely stay at the Hyatt French Quarter which is a nice Cat. 4 option as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.