Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chicago Magnificent Mile or Regency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums. My gf and I are planning a small vacation in Chicago from 12/31 - 01/02. For our first night I'm using my last reward night that I got from getting the Hyatt Credit Card at Park Hyatt. However I don't want to pay $200+ to stay there the second night, so I'm trying to figure out which Hyatt to stay at for the second night.

I was looking at the Master Reviews for Magnificent Mile and Hyatt Regency Chicago, and it seems I'm leaning more towards Hyatt Magnificent Mile, however I would like to know if anyone might have personal opinions about each hotel or would recommend a different one.

Thank you.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jerryf08
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums. My gf and I are planning a small vacation in Chicago from 12/31 - 01/02. For our first night I'm using my last reward night that I got from getting the Hyatt Credit Card at Park Hyatt. However I don't want to pay $200+ to stay there the second night, so I'm trying to figure out which Hyatt to stay at for the second night.

I was looking at the Master Reviews for Magnificent Mile and Hyatt Regency Chicago, and it seems I'm leaning more towards Hyatt Magnificent Mile, however I would like to know if anyone might have personal opinions about each hotel or would recommend a different one.

Thank you.
Definitely Hyatt Mag Mile. This is probably my favorite 4* hotel in the city, recently underwent complete renovation, not just facelift. Easy walk from PH. Location just as good as PH.

Probably could get Langham on Hotwire for $200. This is one of the hot new hotels and would impress your GF.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
I like Mag Mile too. The corner suite is nice if you want to use DSU(if you are diamond)
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! I looked up the Langham and it looks extremely nice but it's out of our price range at the moment.

I'm not a heavy traveler unfortunately so I'm only a platinum member
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:02 am

+1 on the Mag Mile. The only positive for the Regency is views (if you are in the right room), but in the depths of Chicago winter you may see nothing but grey out your window.

The lobby at the mag mile is also a very nice place to sit when its too cold to wander around outside.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
The HR has a remodeled Regency Club and it isn't located next to a hospital, so light sleepers won't require earplugs there.

Other than that, I give Mag Mile the edge in all other criteria.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
The HR has a remodeled Regency Club .
Agree with the decent club, but he is not diamond

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
it isn't located next to a hospital, so light sleepers won't require earplugs there .
Others have also mentioned this, but I was not bothered by it any more than other hotels.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
+1 on mag mile, had family in town for our wedding and we booked 10 rooms there and everyone loved them and the people at the front desk were awesome!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Looks like mag mile will be the place for us to go.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Enjoy!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Seem like you made up your mind, but another +1 for mag mile. Location is much better for "touristy" activities compared to the regency.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
If you're coming in January or February I'm seeing some great advance purchase rates at Mag Mile - down around $135. A steal at that price.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
If you're coming in January or February I'm seeing some great advance purchase rates at Mag Mile - down around $135. A steal at that price.
The advance purchase was $104! I go the Costco standard though so I can have the ability to cancel in case something comes up
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Despite all the votes against it, I want to comment that the Chicago Hyatt Regency is extremely good for what it is: a large convention hotel. It's consistently above other hotels of this sort IMO/IME.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Despite all the votes against it, I want to comment that the Chicago Hyatt Regency is extremely good for what it is: a large convention hotel. It's consistently above other hotels of this sort IMO/IME.
Agree...I have nothing against HR Chicago at all. I like the updated lounge as a Diamond. I stay here in the summer for easy assess both Grant Park activities and Mag Mile.

Since OP is not Diamond and at this time of year, I prefer Mag Mile. Not to mention, the rate is slightly lower and he can easily walk there from PH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.