Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Fall Promotion 2014 - Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - stay 9/1-11/30/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Were you targetted?
Diamond - Tragetted
28.51%
Diamond - Not Targetted
42.57%
Platinum - Targetted
8.15%
Platinum - Not Targetted
14.66%
Gold - Targetted
2.85%
Gold - Not Targetted
3.26%
Voters: 491. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ashasan2005
Please post your targeted offer with link:
- 5000 points after 5 nights, 10000 points after 10 nights, 15000 points after 15 nights, 20000 points after 20 nights for a total of 50k points
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/50KSTAY20.html
- 5000 points after one stay, 5k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/5KSTAY1.html
-2000 points after one stay, 2k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY1.html
-2000 points after one stay, 4k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY2/.html
- 10000 points after 3 stays, 10k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/10KSTAY3.html
- 2000 points after one stay, 6k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY3.html
- 8000 points after 2 stays, 8k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/8KSTAY2.html
Print Wikipost

Fall Promotion 2014 - Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - stay 9/1-11/30/14

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:55 am

Diamond member here. I got a crappy one and wanted 50KSTAY20 naturally.

Got rejected via email and on the phone. Succeeded via Twitter...or so I think. Was told via DM that I have been enrolled.

Is there a legitimate way to check if we were indeed enrolled? I tried registering through the link and got the same:

This Hyatt Gold Passport account number is not eligible to participate in this promotion.

I kept getting before.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero

Got rejected via email and on the phone. Succeeded via Twitter...or so I think. Was told via DM that I have been enrolled.

Is there a legitimate way to check if we were indeed enrolled? I tried registering through the link and got the same:

This Hyatt Gold Passport account number is not eligible to participate in this promotion.

I kept getting before.
Same thing for me via the link. I called GP back a week after and asked to check if I had been enrolled and they said I had. I don't think they'd be able to say that if it didn't show on their end.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Same thing for me via the link. I called GP back a week after and asked to check if I had been enrolled and they said I had. I don't think they'd be able to say that if it didn't show on their end.
I'd suggeest asking for an email confirmation that you're enrolled.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriot Plat Prem, Hyatt Diamond, AA EP
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero

I kept getting before.
They told me I would get an email, I never did, so I emailed them and told them I wouldn't feel comfortable staying without the email saying I was enrolled. They sent it in 24 hours.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Having had no luck with Twitter/Hyatt Concierge, I PM'ed the GP Concierge on here, as per peter's advice, and got signed up instantly. Clearly some crossed wires at HGP, but hey - a few bonus points for me
I realize this may be a dumb question, but where do I find GP Concierge info to PM? Not done that before - tried search without luck.

I am earned diamond too but not targeted. Many Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by UFgatorgal
I realize this may be a dumb question, but where do I find GP Concierge info to PM? Not done that before - tried search without luck.

I am earned diamond too but not targeted. Many Thanks!
Gold Passport Concierge here in Flyertalk.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:25 pm

I PM'd GP Concierge here and they were not able to register me for it. Not sure if it's because I was targeted for something else or what. So PM'ing doesn't always work.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ang2383
I PM'd GP Concierge here and they were not able to register me for it. Not sure if it's because I was targeted for something else or what. So PM'ing doesn't always work.
I think you were targetted for one of the other promos - if you were they won't enroll you in the 20nights/50k points one.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I think you were targetted for one of the other promos - if you were they won't enroll you in the 20nights/50k points one.

well, didn't think it possible, but that makes Hyatt even MORE inconsistent with regards to this promo.

several posts in this thread are from people who were targeted for other versions of the promo who were able to sign up for the 20/50; including some who had already registered for their targeted promo. so, clearly, it is possible to register anyone for the 20/50, just a question of whether they want to or not. which, of course, makes it worse when they shoot you down. geesh Hyatt, get it together.

i would stay 20 nights if i were enrolled in the 20/50. instead, i'll stay 1 night for 5k, as per my targeted offer (i haven't registered yet), and stay elsewhere to attain a higher status level with 1 competitor, AND pick up 22,100 IHG bonus points PLUS 2 nights at any IC thru the IHG "into the nights" promo (worth at least as much as 50k HGP points for 1/5 the stays!).
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
well, didn't think it possible, but that makes Hyatt even MORE inconsistent with regards to this promo.

several posts in this thread are from people who were targeted for other versions of the promo who were able to sign up for the 20/50; including some who had already registered for their targeted promo. so, clearly, it is possible to register anyone for the 20/50, just a question of whether they want to or not. which, of course, makes it worse when they shoot you down. geesh Hyatt, get it together.

i would stay 20 nights if i were enrolled in the 20/50. instead, i'll stay 1 night for 5k, as per my targeted offer (i haven't registered yet), and stay elsewhere to attain a higher status level with 1 competitor, AND pick up 22,100 IHG bonus points PLUS 2 nights at any IC thru the IHG "into the nights" promo (worth at least as much as 50k HGP points for 1/5 the stays!).
Keep trying uncommonsensical. I was targetted for the crappy 1 night for 2K offer, but Hyatt registered me to the 50K promo even though I was not targeted.

This is a win-win situation for Hyatt as I have already redirected 30+ nights to Hyatt, nights that would have otherwise gone to SPG.

Dear Hyatt,

Clearly you have taken the wrong approach with your 50K in 20 nights offer. It was a poor lapse in judgement. It's like having a a Princess Margaret lottery for a 2M dollar home and a $75K car, but only opening up the lottery to those between the ages of 35-40. Sounds stupid doesn't it?

Imagine how we all felt with your ridiculous targeted offer. While I'm happy that you eventually registered me for the promo, please be consistent in your communications with your customer service reps.

We're in the internet age now where all these promos "although targeted" become public as soon as they are released. If you have an offer that people have come to expect is open to all clients that now becomes "targeted", you risk alienating the very clients you want to keep!!!

Last edited by CanRulez; Sep 10, 2014 at 9:51 am
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Alaska MVP 75, UA Silver, Starwod/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I was not targeted but they registered me after sending an email to HGP. Did not get an official email but 5,000 points posted after my last stay!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by NotAnother
I was not targeted but they registered me after sending an email to HGP. Did not get an official email but 5,000 points posted after my last stay!
Same here, and bonus points are posting, 5,000 & 10,000 so far.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Same here, and bonus points are posting, 5,000 & 10,000 so far.
Hi,
How long did it take to post after you reached the 5 or 10 night threshold ?
Thanks
Eddy
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eddy421
Hi,
How long did it take to post after you reached the 5 or 10 night threshold ?
Thanks
Eddy
Mine posted as a bonus with the stay that took me over the threshold
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Mine posted as a bonus with the stay that took me over the threshold
I'm sure that the bonus promo points post the next time accounts are swept after the qualifying stay posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.