Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mixing points + cash, point, and paid nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred

Hi All,

I'm trying to make a reservation at the Hyatt French Quarter for Thursday-Sunday Oct 22-26. It's 20k points per night and I currently have a bit over 40k points. Currently it will allow a night on points Wednesday-Friday, points and cash on Wednesday and Thursday. It will also allow Saturday to be booked with points if Thursday is included.

So what I'd like to do is points + cash on Wednesday and Thursday, points on Friday, and then pay for Saturday at the regular rate. The problem is that it will not allow a Saturday only booking, and the agent I talked to in the reservation center said she couldn't book it just that night as a paid stay. Does this make sense? I realize that the reservation system might look at the single paid night as separate, but should they have a way of overriding it since it's really a 4 night stay that ought to be allowed? The system would allow me to book Saturday with points if it were all being booked with the same currency, so it makes no sense that they won't allow me to actually pay the night instead of accepting a lower reimbursement from a loyalty night!

Just trying to see if anyone has done something like this before or if a different agent or supervisor would be able to push the reservation through.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:14 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Afternoon maracle,

Thank you for the excellent description of what's worked and what hasn't. Could you PM me your Gold Passport details and I'll have a look? Sometimes it's tricky when the hotel has it set up with minimum reservations lengths when you have multiple rate plans involved. If you're flexible in how I apply points, I might be able to do something, but if not (like for expense report purposes where you may be obligated to pay on certain nights and redeem awards on others), maybe not. In any event, I'm happy to try!

Warm regards,

Evan V

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.