Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stewie Mac
FAQ

Do points+cash bookings count toward earning elite status?
Yes. This includes "Diamond Trials" (in which customers with status at another hotel chain attempt to earn a match with Hyatt).

Does the cash portion of points+cash bookings earn points?
Yes, in the same manner as for paid stays.

Do points+cash bookings count toward current Hyatt promotions?
Yes, P+C stays will be treated as paid stays for purposes of bonus promotions.

Can confirmed suite upgrade certificates be used on points+cash bookings?
Yes. Now confirmed by Gold Passport Concierge here

Will points+cash bookings be exempt from resort fees & taxes?
No. P+C bookings will require the member to pay any applicable fees/taxes, just as with paid stays.
Print Wikipost

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Another "enhancement"? Massive devaluation! I'm moving all my stays to Drury Gold Key Club!

Wait ... these features actually improve the program? Yes, yes they do.

I won't be a high-value customer in 2014, unlike others in the past. But improvements like this make me happy and will keep more of my stays at Hyatt, which I think is the point.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k
same discount for both platinum and diamond ?
Seem like diamond would be higher discount, but maybe the rationale is to take into account the higher multiple ?
I'm just platinum for last 5yrs, making diamond for hilton though.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm surprised that in 2013 you can still launch a major initiative like this without having the IT support in place. Oh wait, we're talking about HYATT IT.... never mind.

Just seems strange to me, almost like Hyatt felt the need to rush the announcement when they didn't quite have the ducks all lined up. Maybe they felt the need to announce this in the wake of last week's devaluation? Or maybe their projected Diamonds for 2014 are lagging and they are trying to provide some motivation?

Rather interesting.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by msimons
same discount for both platinum and diamond ?
It' be interesting to see exactly how valuable/valid the discount is
I remember just a few weeks ago playing the Hyatt sweepstakes game that promised a 15% discount that wasn't really a discount at all. Hopefully this is a true discount. If so, I'll be pushing business Hyatt's way. ^
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
C&P chart looks interesting. Good to see the stay counts for status.
Now we still have to see the availability of them.
Is it great if the availability is comparable at the point one, but if it is something like SPG, not so great...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So Hyatt has decided to wipe out accounts and balances going forward in a way it hasn't done before. Not a good sign for customers, even for those who have frequent account activity. At least they are giving more than 2 years advance notice before wiping out accounts, and that is a good thing.

The cash and points program will probably be worthless to me, if/when this works out much like it does with Starwood SPG Cash+Points.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mdpdjx
Will the new cash + points be available to book online at some point down the road?
I hate talking to this incompetent callcenter. It's bad!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm impressed, especially by the idea of being able to earn night/stay credit for rooms partially aid with points. When I notice the thread title I feared another devaluation, but this is clearly not the case.

I should also add that I've noticed how often Jeff Zidell posts here outside of normal business hours in the USA. Sunday night today is another example of this.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Excellent! I very much like these changes and additions very much!

Well done! ^
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Great to see Cash + Points will count towards tier status.

Despite the "devaluation" Hyatt continues to be a great program. Glad I am a Diamond! Will be interesting to see how the 20% discount works. I notice in the T&C it states the promotion is valid through the end of 2014. Remains to be seen if it will be extended.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The elite discount is a good add-on for non-US members as it adds real value to being an elite. Will others follow I wonder?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:31 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I wonder if the Cash + Points option can be used for mLife properties in Las Vegas, especially on high-demand dates?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Points and Cash Value

One way of interpreting points and cash is as an opportunity to buy points. Basically, you redeem only half the points needed for a stay in exchange for a small copay. That puts the cost per point purchase price for the following levels at:

Tier 1: 2 cents per point
Tier 2: 1.375 cents per point
Tier 3: 1.25 cents per point
Tier 4: 1.333 cents per point
Tier 5: 1.25 cents per point
Tier 6: 1.2 cents per point
Tier 7: 2 cents per point

That makes tiers 1 and 7 the most expensive purchases.

Of course this needs to be modified by the value of the redeemed room. When deciding between redeeming with points and redeeming with cash and points, I guess the basic rule of thumb is that a cash and points redemption is better if the rate you would otherwise pay is more than twice the copay. If that rate is exactly twice the copay, then the value of the redemption is at the rate I calculated above. In general, one would likely prefer to use cash and points only if the rate you would otherwise pay is significant higher than twice the copay. Tiers 1 and 7 would be the exception given the 2 cents per point purchase price, which would be a decent redemption value.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Markie
The elite discount is a good add-on for non-US members as it adds real value to being an elite. Will others follow I wonder?
I agree with Markie.

I also agree with poster above that there should be better discount for Diamonds. There are far fewer Diamonds than Plats. What is more - a lot of people have posted here that (wisely) they stop staying at Hyatt when they have achieved Diamond. To incentivize them to stay even after attaining Hyatt Diamond, a discount differentiation makes sense. Diamonds who go out of their way to stay even after making Diamond should be appreciated. People feel unappreciated if they are just treated as Plats.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I wonder what will happen if you cancel a Cash and Points reservation. Will you get both cash and points back, or will it be like IHG where you indirectly end up buying cheap points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.