FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1522556-new-hyatt-gold-passport-features-launching-january-2014-a.html)

J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport Nov 17, 2013 6:44 pm

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Dear FlyerTalkers,

In my role, I have the wonderful opportunity to communicate with our most frequent guests almost daily. During these conversations, I always learn a little bit more about how we can make your travel experiences better and truly bring to life the care and authentic hospitality that sets Hyatt apart. In the spirit of ongoing innovation, I’m delighted to announce new Hyatt Gold Passport features I know you will enjoy.

Points + Cash
One of the most requested Hyatt Gold Passport features is the ability to combine points and cash for a Free Night Award. Beginning January 7th, 2014, we will launch a new Points + Cash Award Chart, which will discount the required points by 50% and include a co-pay ranging from $50 to $300 USD. Points + Cash awards will count toward tier status and the cash portion of the award will earn Hyatt Gold Passport points. At launch, Points + Cash awards will only be bookable via the Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centers. You can view the new Points + Cash Award Chart through the link at the bottom of this post.

Exclusive 20% Discount for Platinum and Diamond Members
We know that everyone loves a deal, and Hyatt Gold Passport elite members are no exception. That’s why we are launching the new My Elite Rate beginning January 7th, 2014. Platinum and Diamond members will enjoy 20% off the Hyatt Daily Rate on any standard room (subject to availability). My Elite Rate will be bookable on Hyatt.com (must be logged in) or through your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center.

In addition to Points + Cash and My Elite Rate, we will also increase the number of months (from 12 months to 24 months) that an account may have no activity before being closed. Starting January 7, 2014, an account that accrues no activity for 24 consecutive months will be closed and all Hyatt Gold Passport points in that account will be forfeited. The earliest an account will be closed under the new policy is January 7, 2016. There are a number of easy ways to keep your membership active:
  • Earn or redeem Hyatt Gold Passport points including for stays at Hyatt hotels and resorts, dining and spa treatments and stays at participating M life properties
  • Earn credits with a Travel Partner or receive M life Tier Credits for stays at a Hyatt property
  • Purchase or combine points, transfer Free Night Awards or convert points to miles
  • Maintain a Hyatt Credit Card account

For more details please visit:

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...programupdates

I hope that you have the opportunity to take advantage of both Points + Cash and My Elite Rate when they launch next year. In the meantime, if there are additional Hyatt Gold Passport enhancements that you would like to see, please let me know through this forum or feel free to reach out directly at [email protected] anytime.

I wish you safe travels,

Jeff Zidell
Senior Vice President, Hyatt Gold Passport

AJLondon Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Excellent additions. Makes the GP program stronger. Thanks.

amolkold Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Positive changes for members ^

Football Fan Nov 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks for the info. I am curious to see whether points and cash will always be available? Are there capacity controls?

ma91pmh Nov 17, 2013 6:56 pm

This is very, very positive. Great news ^^^

shaker58 Nov 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Great news Jeff.

shaker58 Nov 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan (Post 21802693)
Thanks for the info. Good news.

chart is in link

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...programupdates

AJLondon Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Question about the math!

1 5,000 2,500 + $50 USD
2 8,000 4,000 + $55 USD
3 12,000 6,000 + $75 USD
4 15,000 7,500 + $100 USD
5 20,000 10,000 + $125 USD
6 25,000 12,500 + $150 USD
7 30,000 15,000 + $300 USD

For say a cat 5, the 10k points discount costs $125, which is broadly in line with cats above and below it.

However for a cat 7, the 15k points discount jumps up to $300. On a proportional basis, this seems very off whack... Is this an error? :confused:

Football Fan Nov 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Is it correct to assume that when it is possible to book an award room, it will also be possible to use cash and points?

Pingtung Nov 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Great News! Will the points+cash option qualify as a stay and will Diamond suite upgrade be eligible with that option? I'm guessing not, but it would be absolutely amazing if so!

Mommy Points Nov 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan (Post 21802744)
Is it correct to assume that when it is possible to book an award room, it will also be possible to use cash and points?

My understanding is no - that cash and points awards will be subject to potential blackout dates, unlike standard redemptions.

Fingers crossed availability is good, though!

Football Fan Nov 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Pingtung (Post 21802745)
Great News! Will the points+cash option qualify as a stay and will Diamond suite upgrade be eligible with that option? I'm guessing not, but it would be absolutely amazing if so!

Stay yes, it says so in the FAQ, but I am also curious about whether the Diamond suite upgrade certificates can be used.

Pingtung Nov 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan (Post 21802758)
Stay yes, it says so in the FAQ, but I am also curious about whether the Diamond suite upgrade certificates can be used.

Maybe I missed it in the FAQ, but the only reference I see is that the new 'My Elite Rate' discounts qualify for stay credit.

777 global mile hound Nov 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Kudos to all the folks at Hyatt Gold Passport and you know who you are ;)

I asked/ suggested for some of this back in 2005 and in more recent years
Better late than never :)
Regardless this softens some of the blow to the recent devaluation especially for premium redemption travelers
At the end of the day this is another feather in the cap for the folks at Hyatt Gold Passport and should make for a more highly satisfied membership base

Hyatt Gold Passport Accomplishments 2013

• The MGM partnership ^ Outstanding achievement
• Member elite discount ^ Impressive
• Cash and Points ^
Longgggggggg overdue and more than welcome :cool:

From negative to positive in a week.
Crazy and appreciated all in the same breath
Of course the jury is not out to how well all this is all going to work. I remain highly optimistic
Way to go Hyatt! "Most improved Program of the Year"
Let’s keep this progress and momentum coming right through in 2014 :-::-::-::-::-:

carnalismocc Nov 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pingtung (Post 21802807)
Maybe I missed it in the FAQ, but the only reference I see is that the new 'My Elite Rate' discounts qualify for stay credit.

"Points + Cash awards will count toward tier status and the cash portion of the award will earn Hyatt Gold Passport points."

Looks like they'll count as a stay, but not sure the upgrade certs.