Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by DealDetective
No, but if you have any special requests or want to book activities in advance, you can email them.
Here now, having major issues. Front desk is of no help. Does anyone have a direct email address to the hotel (GM or other manager)?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TxTrav
Here now, having major issues. Front desk is of no help. Does anyone have a direct email address to the hotel (GM or other manager)?
Arriving next week, can you please elaborate?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
I've now been twice to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos once before the hurricane, and once after they re-opened. I've also been to Zillara Cancun, and Ziva/Zillara Rose Hall three times. Ziva Los Cabos is by far the best. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer121
I've now been twice to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos once before the hurricane, and once after they re-opened. I've also been to Zillara Cancun, and Ziva/Zillara Rose Hall three times. Ziva Los Cabos is by far the best. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have.
I've been to the Ziva Rose Hall. I'd be interested in your comparison and what you feel makes the Los Cabos Ziva the best of the all inclusives?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Has anyone had experience using Hyatt Gift Cards here? Was it relatively straight forward to do so?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Four adults, two 4-year olds, and a 2-year old....walk into a bar

Doing an annual 7-day vacation with my wife, our three kids, and my sister and her husband. We normally rent houses for this, but this year we did a two-bedroom at a Marriott Vacation Club, and it worked out well. Long way of saying we get along and travel well together.

Looking at Ziva Los Cabos for 2017 and doing it cheaply. There are options about which I would love to get input.

I'm diamond, so have the potential for a DSU (which doesn't sound like much help here), and we have two credit cards for a total of four free nights.

So, here are some options:

1. 52k points per night for a suite for us and three kids (assume that would be 32K +20k points for the two kids over 3-years old) and then a 20k per night regular room for sister/husband. Total, 72k per night, which wipes out my GP points, plus it sounds like the 32k “suites” may not necessarily have separate living rooms and bedrooms.

2. Just get three 20k per night rooms, which works spectacularly well if we can get two connecting rooms for us and the kids (sister/husband could be elsewhere), but does not work at all if can’t get connecting rooms. However, if connecting rooms are available, why would anyone drop 20k points on two additional kids in one room when they could get a whole additional room for the same points? I assume they cannot guarantee connecting rooms, and we can't leave two 4-year olds in a room by themselves. If this works, it is "only" 60k per night.

3. Use the four free nights from our two credit cards and then points for the other three nights, but I'm not sure if those credit card nights cover only the two adults or would cover the additional two 4-year olds as well.

Trying to decide of those free nights are worth more than 20K points. The cash cost per room at Zila is $594 for two adults on the days we are looking, and I doubt I'm going anywhere soon where the cash cost would be that high.

4. Shuck all these options and just book a two-bedroom with kitchen at Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Florida (which I think is 23k per night, but the new website doesn’t want to show me that information) and have plenty of points leftover to do something in 2018. We’ll have to buy food and cook, but that is what we normally do on this trip.

If the beach at Los Cabos is completely unswimmable (and unplayable for 4 year olds), then I'm not sure the pools at Los Cabos are anything more special than the pools at Coconut Plantation.

Am I missing an option that makes more sense given my situation? Paying $600 a night won’t kill me, but it seems high (and crazy to push $900 per night for two adults and two kids), and then the DSU doesn’t really help much.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Doing an annual 7-day vacation with my wife, our three kids, and my sister and her husband. We normally rent houses for this, but this year we did a two-bedroom at a Marriott Vacation Club, and it worked out well. Long way of saying we get along and travel well together.

Looking at Ziva Los Cabos for 2017 and doing it cheaply. There are options about which I would love to get input.

I'm diamond, so have the potential for a DSU (which doesn't sound like much help here), and we have two credit cards for a total of four free nights.

1. 52k points per night for a suite for us and three kids (assume that would be 32K +20k points for the two kids over 3-years old) and then a 20k per night regular room for sister/husband. Total, 72k per night, which wipes out my GP points, plus it sounds like the 32k “suites” may not necessarily have separate living rooms and bedrooms.

2. Just get three 20k per night rooms, which works spectacularly well if we can get two connecting rooms for us and the kids (sister/husband could be elsewhere), but does not work at all if can’t get connecting rooms. However, if connecting rooms are available, why would anyone drop 20k points on two additional kids in one room when they could get a whole additional room for the same points? I assume they cannot guarantee connecting rooms, and we can't leave two 4-year olds in a room by themselves. If this works, it is "only" 60k per night.

3. Use the four free nights from our two credit cards and then points for the other three nights, but I'm not sure if those credit card nights cover only the two adults or would cover the additional two 4-year olds as well.

Trying to decide of those free nights are worth more than 20K points. The cash cost per room at Zila is $594 for two adults on the days we are looking, and I doubt I'm going anywhere soon where the cash cost would be that high.

4. Shuck all these options and just book a two-bedroom with kitchen at Hyatt Coconut Plantation in Florida (which I think is 23k per night, but the new website doesn’t want to show me that information) and have plenty of points leftover to do something in 2018. We’ll have to buy food and cook, but that is what we normally do on this trip.

If the beach at Los Cabos is completely unswimmable (and unplayable for 4 year olds), then I'm not sure the pools at Los Cabos are anything more special than the pools at Coconut Plantation.

Am I missing an option that makes more sense given my situation? Paying $600 a night won’t kill me, but it seems high (and crazy to push $900 per night for two adults and two kids), and then the DSU doesn’t really help much.
I don't know when you are going, but take a look at the 3rd party booking sites to see if you can get a better rate and submit a BRG claim. I have successfully obtained rates around $220/night for 2 adults at this property during 2 different seasons, but it wasn't a high demand time. At that rate, I wouldn't use my points and you could use a DSU (or use points for one room and a paid rate combined with a DSU for the 2nd. We were very pleased with the suite we were given using a DSU in May. We booked a second room which was connecting, giving us a 2 bedroom suite with living/dining + 1/2 bath. I don't believe that is the standard DSU, so I wouldn't count on it.

Also, you might inquire about a "family rate" for the 2nd room for the kids. I don't know if it applies at an all inclusive, but we used to get 1/2 off on a 2nd room for the kids at other Hyatt properties.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by floressalicis
Has anyone had experience using Hyatt Gift Cards here? Was it relatively straight forward to do so?
I didn't think the gift cards could be used at international properties.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't think the gift cards could be used at international properties.
Hyatt gift cards can be used at some international properties, including Mexico, now.

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/P...Locations.aspx
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I don't know when you are going, but take a look at the 3rd party booking sites to see if you can get a better rate and submit a BRG claim. I have successfully obtained rates around $220/night for 2 adults at this property during 2 different seasons, but it wasn't a high demand time. At that rate, I wouldn't use my points and you could use a DSU (or use points for one room and a paid rate combined with a DSU for the 2nd.
That was actually my original plan. We were looking at May/June 2017, and although I'm not completely up-to-date on all the third-party booking sites, I didn't find any cheaper rates in the handful I did look through.

Still have plenty of time before needing to commit, so I may just keep scouting the third-party sites to see if something pops up.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I called Hyatt gold passport CSP last week and they told me the free nights from the Hyatt CC would apply to me, my wife and 2 kids....essentially I wouldn't have to spend the extra points for my kids those 2 nights. But the terms say otherwise when signing up for the CC..says based on double occupancy. Now the free night you get for the anniversary is different from what I understand.

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant

Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Any recent experiences with the wifi here? We are thinking of going for 5 nights next month & would like to work for a couple days, so we'd need decent internet.

TA reviews seem pretty mixed, and the few posts in this thread that mention wifi are all from 2014. Has anyone done a speed test? The main thing I'm wondering is if there's internet anywhere on the property quick enough to do a video call, like Google Hangouts. I saw some reviews saying wifi is faster in the club lounge, and while not ideal it'd be ok if we had to go there for calls.

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by TxTrav
Tried to email GM and the Director of Sales there with zero reply from either, two emails to GM and one to the Director of Sales. So far absolutely terrible communication standard and I'm not looking forward to my stay.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:23 pm

I don't know when you are going, but take a look at the 3rd party booking sites to see if you can get a better rate and submit a BRG claim. I have successfully obtained rates around $220/night for 2 adults at this property during 2 different seasons, but it wasn't a high demand time. At that rate, I wouldn't use my points and you could use a DSU (or use points for one room and a paid rate combined with a DSU for the 2nd.
That was what I did for my upcoming stay in Dec, weekend before Xmas. $219 for 2 adults in master double, and $294 for 2 adults 1 kid in ziva suite. At that rate I rather keep my points and spend the cash.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:55 pm

Revisiting the matter of renting a car,

1) Is there on-site parking at the Ziva? If so, is there a cost to park/valet?
2) Is there on site car rental at Ziva?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.