Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:53 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by azepine00
Are kids counted as "extra person"? If so from what age? Perhaps GP concierge can clarify this.
I have sent the same question into someone at Hyatt. Hope for an official answer soon!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:24 pm

Are kids counted as "extra person"? If so from what age?
Perhaps GP concierge can clarify this.
I'm thinking that they probably are. The price per night when you try to book a room goes up when you add in kids, so I'm guessing they count. Also, kids are only up to age 12...once they're 13, according to what it says on the website, they are charged as adults.

Children 0 to 2 years stay at no additional charge.
Children 3 to 12 years pricing changes based on seasonal fluctuations.
Guests 13 years and older are considered Adults and charged accordingly.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:27 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Are kids counted as "extra person"? If so from what age?
Perhaps GP concierge can clarify this.
Hello azepine00!

At the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, due to the hotel being all inclusive, children 13 and up are considered an "extra person" as an adult and children 2-12 are considered has an "extra person" towards the occupancy of the room and charges fluctuate between an "extra person" child or adult.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Still a bit confusing as far as points redemptions. Would the base rate of 20,000 points cover 2 adults and 2 children (aged 2- 13) in a room with 2 beds (max occupancy for the room is 4)?

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Nov 1, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello azepine00!

At the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, due to the hotel being all inclusive, children 13 and up are considered an "extra person" as an adult and children 2-12 are considered has an "extra person" towards the occupancy of the room and charges fluctuate between an "extra person" child or adult.

Warm regards,

i am trying to comprehend the bolded part - what does it mean in terms of point and/or $ requirement on top of 2 adults?

to be more specific - i have 3 yo twins - do i need 2x10k extra? (seems nonsensical - i can book a second room for that!)
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:57 pm

Hello azepine00!

Thanks for your response. Yes. It would be 10,000 points per night per person.

Warm regards,

Julie B.--Guest Relations Associate
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello azepine00!

Warm regards,

Thanks - as i said this seems rather irrational - how can anyone equate a toddler to an adult for the purpose of all inclusive (incl alcohol!) consumption???
I see no reason to take my family there under those conditions.

Also what would be diamond benefits there given that everything is included to begin with?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:42 pm

Hello azepine00!

Warm regards,

I'm also confused, are you saying that on cash reservations children 0-2 are essentially free, but when on points you would owe 10,000 more points per night for children in this age group?

Separate question for children 3-12 who don't necessarily increase the rate on cash, but are treated the same as an adult on an award?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:25 pm

Thanks - as i said this seems rather irrational - how can anyone equate a toddler to an adult for the purpose of all inclusive (incl alcohol!) consumption???
I see no reason to take my family there under those conditions.

Also what would be diamond benefits there given that everything is included to begin with?
Hello azepine00,

We have just be updated on our Diamond Amenity for All-Inclusive Hotels.

*Choice of a Food and Beverage amenity or 1,000 bonus points, if the hotel does not post 1,000 bonus points on stay 1,500 bonus will be offered.

At this time the Brand and Operations teams are still establishing standard for food and beverage offerings with Diamond status. I do apologize for the lack of information we have on at this time regarding Diamond benefits at our new all-inclusive hotels. More information to come.

Safe Travels,

Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mommy Points
I'm also confused, are you saying that on cash reservations children 0-2 are essentially free, but when on points you would owe 10,000 more points per night for children in this age group?

Separate question for children 3-12 who don't necessarily increase the rate on cash, but are treated the same as an adult on an award?
Hello Mommy Points,

Sorry for the confusion but yes, children ages 0-2 are not charged as an "extra person" cash rate or points rate. Children 3-12 increase the rate on cash and are an additional 10,000 points as an "extra person" fee, when using Gold Passport points.

Warm regards,

Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Hello azepine00,
At this time the Brand and Operations teams are still establishing standard for food and beverage offerings with Diamond status. I do apologize for the lack of information we have on at this time regarding Diamond benefits at our new all-inclusive hotels. More information to come.

Safe Travels,

Also, if you could clarify if Diamonds will get the Club Premium Plan with any booking (i.e. lounge access).
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:38 pm

Hello Mommy Points,

Sorry for the confusion but yes, children ages 0-2 are not charged as an "extra person" cash rate or points rate. Children 3-12 increase the rate on cash and are an additional 10,000 points as an "extra person" fee, when using Gold Passport points.

Warm regards,

Appreciate the clarification, and am glad to hear that kids in the 0-2 range aren't charged extra. I would also like to provide feedback, for what it's worth, that it is a disappointment that children as young as 3 will be charged the same as an extra adult when they won't eat near as much, won't drink alcohol, and won't be able to participate in all activities. I would love to see at least a reduced extra charge of something like 5k points per night for kids 3-13 or 3-16.

As it stands, a family of four with kids over 2 might as well just book two rooms on points rather than all stay in one room since it will cost the same amount.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mommy Points
Appreciate the clarification, and am glad to hear that kids in the 0-2 range aren't charged extra. I would also like to provide feedback, for what it's worth, that it is a disappointment that children as young as 3 will be charged the same as an extra adult when they won't eat near as much, won't drink alcohol, and won't be able to participate in all activities. I would love to see at least a reduced extra charge of something like 5k points per night for kids 3-13 or 3-16.

As it stands, a family of four with kids over 2 might as well just book two rooms on points rather than all stay in one room since it will cost the same amount.
Hello Mommy Points,

I understand your frustration and I am more than happy to forward your suggestions to our executive management team for review. Thank you, we really appreciate your feedback.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.- Guest Relations Associate
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What an unprofessional way to set redemptions..... Did nobody take the time to think this through and is everything made up in these last few days?

Same number of points for singe and double, but an extra charge for additional adults? Why not simply have a room rate that fits current categories and charge additional points (or money) per person...

Extra for children? As already pointed out, it can be cheaper to get an extra room, or simply pay, etc....

Nothing substantial for Diamonds except the amenity.... Really?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
What an unprofessional way to set redemptions..... Did nobody take the time to think this through and is everything made up in these last few days?

Same number of points for singe and double, but an extra charge for additional adults? Why not simply have a room rate that fits current categories and charge additional points (or money) per person...

Extra for children? As already pointed out, it can be cheaper to get an extra room, or simply pay, etc....

Nothing substantial for Diamonds except the amenity.... Really?
Hello RTW1,

At this time, our brand and operations management is still in the works of determining Gold Passport Tier Benefits other than the Diamond amenity bonus. As soon as we receive more information we will be sure to get the word out. We appreciate your patience.

Warm regards,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.