Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Great post.

I will be at this PH Dec 25-30;

Question - I need to get a family of four plus luggage to PNH for a 17:00 flight.

I read in this thread I can take the bus for $15 (7 hours).

If we want a private car/van and are willing to pay a little more for the privacy, any suggestions on what company to call? And rough idea on price?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by tasnam
Great post.

I will be at this PH Dec 25-30;

Question - I need to get a family of four plus luggage to PNH for a 17:00 flight.

I read in this thread I can take the bus for $15 (7 hours).

If we want a private car/van and are willing to pay a little more for the privacy, any suggestions on what company to call? And rough idea on price?
We used the driver noted in the first post in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...-cambodia.html

He has an air-conditioned van, and was very reliable. He can probably give you a price quote if you contact him.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by SS255
We used the driver noted in the first post in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...-cambodia.html

He has an air-conditioned van, and was very reliable. He can probably give you a price quote if you contact him.
We did ask Synon but unfortunately I can't remember the price - I think it was around the $60 mark. Best to email - he responds quickly and speaks English.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:22 am

If it is Synon Korng that is listed here, I used him as well and we were very happy with him.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by antonius66
If it is Synon Korng that is listed here, I used him as well and we were very happy with him.
That's the man - great driver.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:45 pm

Thank you everyone!!!!!

BTW - quick question, flying in on Bangkok air from BKK....I read mixed things about Cambodia Visa on line prior.....many sites say it is a scam other say it is best to purchase ahead of time.....Thoughts?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:10 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

BTW - quick question, flying in on Bangkok air from BKK....I read mixed things about Cambodia Visa on line prior.....many sites say it is a scam other say it is best to purchase ahead of time.....Thoughts?
If you're seated in the first few rows of the plane, you'll be able to obtain Visa on Arrival within a few minutes. Even if there's a line, they're very quick. I've never gotten an advance visa, and never regretted that choice.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Thank you everyone!!!!!

Agreed, I have done visa on arrival countless times in the past. Your luggage takes a while to arrive on the belt, so it doesn´t matter where you wait...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:45 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thank you everyone!!!!!

We did the visa online and glad we did since the line for visas can get long quickly if you're not the first off the plane (and on Bangkok Air some flights board and deplane from the rear). After getting the visa you then have to go through immigration, so that's an additional line if you don't already have the visa.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
We did the visa online and glad we did since the line for visas can get long quickly if you're not the first off the plane (and on Bangkok Air some flights board and deplane from the rear). After getting the visa you then have to go through immigration, so that's an additional line if you don't already have the visa.
peteropny (good to talk with you again) - do you have the only link? (official NOT the scam sights I have read about)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

peteropny (good to talk with you again) - do you have the only link? (official NOT the scam sights I have read about)
This is the official Cambodian Embassy link http://www.embassyofcambodia.org/evisa.html which includes a link to the application site https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ which isn't really official but affiliated. I'm pretty sure we did our visas through here - albeit I think they've raised the total cost to $37 from IIRC $25.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Thank you everyone!!!!!

I did this, too. I sat in Row 6 to REP, and I'm a fast walker. I was one of the first in line. Unfortunately, our plane landed just after another plane, so I was the first in the back of a long line. I had to wait about 25 minutes for my visa to get processed, but my bag was circling the belt when I got to baggage claim.

If you have the time to deal with getting an online visa, I would suggest doing so. Bangkok Air does not allow you to reserve seats in advance. If you do not get your visa online, I would highly suggest checking in as close to the 24 hour mark as possible.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:43 am

The other benefit with the online visa is that it doesn't take up a page in your passport as they just staple in and you can remove later.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Will any of the rooms or suites accommodate a family of 4 with 2 small kids (4 & 2)? Every single room i looked at on the hotel's website listed a max occupancy of 3 and said no rollaways, but i'm not sure if that's accurate or not.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:49 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Originally Posted by XCstud
Will any of the rooms or suites accommodate a family of 4 with 2 small kids (4 & 2)? Every single room i looked at on the hotel's website listed a max occupancy of 3 and said no rollaways, but i'm not sure if that's accurate or not.
Looks like your need fits the family pool suite. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 huge living space and private small outdoor pool. We were there in summer this year and loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.