Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt to enter all-inclusive market

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt to enter all-inclusive market

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by carnalismocc
Did you happen to see the Hyatt Place hotel being built around there? I heard from somebody else that it was being built on the highway close to that Mega supermarket. I know that they'll be targeting a different clientele, but still kind of interesting to have two Hyatt properties that close to each other...IF that was indeed where they were building the Hyatt Place at.
Most travelers prefer to be away from the highway. I'm surprised a Hyatt Place is built near the highway, as that concept hotel thrives on traffic. Most travelers flying to the Carribean/Mexico has their hotels booked already, and not driving, rather transferring to the hotel. Local traffic probably aren't looking for a place to stay neither.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skunker
I did not, but I did find these two bits of information:
http://investors.hyatt.com/phoenix.z...cle&id=1698070
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...alifornia.html
Those lead me to believe it is in the area west of the Mega store. It appear as a big dirt lot on google maps.
Thanks! I was just curious if they were indeed building a Hyatt Place there. Hyatt announced all of these new properties to open in Mexico over the next few years, so good to see that they're coming along.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
There was a rumor back in May that Playa had bought the Ritz-Carlton property in Jamaica (which closed at the end of that month), and that it would eventually reopen as a Park Hyatt. After reading the news that Hyatt really is teaming up with Playa, looks like that rumor may end up being true.
+1 on the great job Hyatt is doing.

I'm getting a bit excited on the A-I options and the Mexico properties coming online. Definitely years of exploration ahead.

There are only so many Fairmonts and with Park Hyatt or high level Hyatt's coming online, there will be opportunity to travel as a Diamond to these resorts.^
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
+1 on the great job Hyatt is doing.

I'm getting a bit excited on the A-I options and the Mexico properties coming online. Definitely years of exploration ahead.

There are only so many Fairmonts and with Park Hyatt or high level Hyatt's coming online, there will be opportunity to travel as a Diamond to these resorts.^
I'm getting excited too! Hyatt is definitely upping their presence in Mexico and the Caribbean, so it'll give me a lot more options of places to redeem points. We've actually never stayed at an AI property before, so I'm curious to see how their award stays will work. Either way though, award stay or not, we'll definitely give one of the new Hyatt AI properties a try soon enough! ^
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Bravo, Hyatt, again. Is it time to say "binge" re Hyatt's current expansion?

^

But I see a bit of a rub in keeping the names and types "Ziva" and "Zilara" apart. I see people not getting the distinction right and being corrected in their initial contacts with Hyatt - "You do know that this is adults-only" or the converse - and it happening over and over again. Not pleasant for either the customer or the reservationist. And then what if someone gets it wrong and they show up inappropriately? It'll be a challenge. But that's probably just me.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Firewind
Bravo, Hyatt, again. Is it time to say "binge" re Hyatt's current expansion?

^

But I see a bit of a rub in keeping the names and types "Ziva" and "Zilara" apart. I see people not getting the distinction right and being corrected in their initial contacts with Hyatt - "You do know that this is adults-only" or the converse - and it happening over and over again. Not pleasant for either the customer or the reservationist. And then what if someone gets it wrong and they show up inappropriately? It'll be a challenge. But that's probably just me.
Wow.. no kids.. looks like I can't visit for another 15 years at least.

Hopefully there are options for kids, as I've been thinking that Hyatt is family friendly. Major downer if we can't travel with kids to some of these resorts.

So for sure, that its adults only at most of these All-Inclusives? I guess that's the market they are currently in. Hopefully some options as I've got a 7 year old and 3 year old, plus in need of larger accomodations to travel properly.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Wow.. no kids.. looks like I can't visit for another 15 years at least.

Hopefully there are options for kids, as I've been thinking that Hyatt is family friendly. Major downer if we can't travel with kids to some of these resorts.

So for sure, that its adults only at most of these All-Inclusives? I guess that's the market they are currently in. Hopefully some options as I've got a 7 year old and 3 year old, plus in need of larger accomodations to travel properly.
Seems like out of the three properties that they've announced so far, only the one in Cancun is adults-only. The one in Cabo and the other one in Jamaica are family-friendly. I hope that most of the new properties will be for families, but if the location makes sense, then I understand why an adults-only resort would make sense.

I'm leaning towards giving Jamaica the first try, but just waiting to see how the points redeeming is going to work at these AI resorts.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:07 pm

http://www.realresorts.com/

This is part of the company Hyatt bought. The Royal's are already no kids and the Grand's are kids. All are all inclusive. Our family has been going to these hotels for 13-14 years.

It is very, very clear to me Hyatt intends to build off of these plus the former Ritz in Jamaica. It will be the basis for their new brands. The Royal is by far the nicest resort I've stayed at out of 6-7 in the Carribean. I would call it 4.5 star hotel, maybe a 5.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Seems like out of the three properties that they've announced so far, only the one in Cancun is adults-only. The one in Cabo and the other one in Jamaica are family-friendly. I hope that most of the new properties will be for families, but if the location makes sense, then I understand why an adults-only resort would make sense.

I'm leaning towards giving Jamaica the first try, but just waiting to see how the points redeeming is going to work at these AI resorts.
Thanks for the update.. Phew.. some options.

I'm wondering how the properties are going to treat Diamonds. All-Inclusive is nice, but ultra all inclusive with status and upgrades shall be unimaginable.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Thanks for the update.. Phew.. some options.

I'm wondering how the properties are going to treat Diamonds. All-Inclusive is nice, but ultra all inclusive with status and upgrades shall be unimaginable.
I suspect they will provide the same high level of service that other Hyatt resorts provide for Diamond members. In this case, pre-blocked rooms and hopefully some room upgrades. It seems there is not much else they could comp, with F&B being included. The Park Hyatt Maldives may be a reference point for potential Diamond treatment as all guests receive breakfast there and it is an all "suite" property. Not that I would put the all inclusive properties in the same league.

Time will tell.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sensei
I suspect they will provide the same high level of service that other Hyatt resorts provide for Diamond members. In this case, pre-blocked rooms and hopefully some room upgrades. It seems there is not much else they could comp, with F&B being included. The Park Hyatt Maldives may be a reference point for potential Diamond treatment as all guests receive breakfast there and it is an all "suite" property. Not that I would put the all inclusive properties in the same league.

Time will tell.
If all guests receive breakfast, what would over and above be offered to Diamonds? Its great all these AIs will provide patrons with the extras that normal hotels don't.. in comes a Diamond member, so what will the hotel offer so to convince the patron to stay loyal?

I was considering the logic of booking into a Hyatt Residence property.. No lounge, no upgrades, no breakfast, no nothing pretty much over and above what other guests receive. I found myself booking at properties where I can secure a suite, and access a lounge. Properties that didn't have a lounge, I ended up opting out.. for properties that do have a lounge.

I remember most of the AIs have a 'concierge' level.. Perhaps Diamonds can get access to that floor. More personal hotel within a hotel attention. This would be a start. And obvious access to the nicer view rooms and spacious accomodations.:-:
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:49 am
Original Poster

If all guests receive breakfast, what would over and above be offered to Diamonds? Its great all these AIs will provide patrons with the extras that normal hotels don't.. in comes a Diamond member, so what will the hotel offer so to convince the patron to stay loyal?

I was considering the logic of booking into a Hyatt Residence property.. No lounge, no upgrades, no breakfast, no nothing pretty much over and above what other guests receive. I found myself booking at properties where I can secure a suite, and access a lounge. Properties that didn't have a lounge, I ended up opting out.. for properties that do have a lounge.

I remember most of the AIs have a 'concierge' level.. Perhaps Diamonds can get access to that floor. More personal hotel within a hotel attention. This would be a start. And obvious access to the nicer view rooms and spacious accomodations.:-:
Yeah, I would imagine that Diamonds would get access to nicer rooms, premium liquors, any item on the menu at the restaurants...since some AI places seem to charge extra if you want to order steak, lobster, etc.

I'm sure Hyatt is working on all of those details before they open up their first properties.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Has anyone heard of the actual open date for the first two, other than 4th quarter?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Posted a new thread on Hyatt Zilara Cancun - all inclusive resort opening up in November.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Posted a new thread on Hyatt Zilara Cancun - all inclusive resort opening up in November.
I saw the new threads you posted and thanks.

Is this is a completely brand new constructed resort? Or a remake of the current Hyatt in Cancun?

It will be nice to have an additional resort altogether on the strip, if this is indeed is another choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.