Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

SEATTLE area property comparisons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEATTLE area property comparisons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
HR bellevue - notorious for not upgrading, even to club rooms for diamonds. free parking on weekends is nice, and location (if you want to be in bellevue) is perfect.
2 for 3 on suite upgrades by asking at check-in. The first time we never asked for an upgrade, so there's a possibility that we would be 3 for 3 instead. Upgrades were an Executive Suite and Studio Suite.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:08 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I booked at night at the Grand Hyatt Seattle through Priceline. Anyway, I just tried to call the hotel to put in a bedding and smoking request under the reservation. I have to have two beds and a non-smoking room. This is something that I have done many times at other hotels when booked through priceline. Unfortunately, the number goes to central reservations and the woman refused to put in the reservation any bedding or smoking request. I have to take my chances a check-in. She said that is not possible at Hyatt hotels when booked through Priceline. Fine, but this policy is not very customer friendly. Was booking the Hyatt through Priceline a mistake?
I went to book a room on the GH website today, and there is a banner across the top that says Double/Double rooms are not guaranteed because there aren't that many in the hotel.

Which reminded me of this thread. But come to find out ... you already knew that.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21327917-post198.html

So, I'm not sure why you were so puzzled when they wouldn't allow it through priceline, when they won't guarantee it through their own website?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:11 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Pierre48

missydarlin,

Thanks for your input. To avoid having to make a choice we are dividing our time in Seattle between these two hotels
Good call!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:35 am

Questions:
- Is breakfast at Grand Hyatt's Ruth Chris buffet-style?
- I looked at Olive 8's breakfast menu and I don't see that they serve buffet. Is that correct?
- If you do a breakfast-included package at Grand Hyatt, does that mean breakfast at Ruth Chris restaurant or something from their little deli?

Thank you!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:29 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
Can't help you with the Grand Hyatt. I've only had breakfast in the club. The Olive 8 breakfast is from a menu only, no buffet.
okay thanks.
I finally got to talk to someone at GH who was able to answer the other question. The breakfast-inclusive room package is room service, not Ruth Chris or the deli.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Originally Posted by manderson99
Seattleite here. Don't discount the possibility of clear weather. We often have a week of sunny but cold conditions in January.
manderson99,

You were right about the Seattle weather. The first four days of January were perfect for seeing the sights. Clear sunny days. We even had a great excursion with Seattle seaplanes. You live in a beautiful part of the world.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
For me top two:

Hyatt Olive at 8
Grand Hyatt

Got a monster suite UG at the Hyatt Olive today. ^ The food in the restaurant is spot on as well!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 9:56 pm
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by angatol
Always get a nice room at the GH, typically a corner suite.
My brother (Diamond) refuses to stay at the GH again after his recent stay. No Diamond recognition at check-in, no mention of Diamond amenity, and no upgrade. The FD agent who checked him out of the hotel apologized for their colleague's poor check-in experience and thought it was odd that no upgrade was given even though the hotel had a low occupancy that night. The FD agent also mentioned that they would give a compensation of 5,000 points, but this wasn't the case. Instead, they said that since it was a new FD agent, no compensation can be given.

The staff at the HH Bellevue is top-notch. They remember us every time we check-in and make us feel welcomed.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In my opinion it's a bit far fetched to compare the GH Seattle and the HR Bellevue.... location will normally decide where you will stay.

If you need/want to stay downtown, you have two decent options both with pro- and cons. And even the HP is not that bad for what it is....
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Anyone have any reviews for the Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue or Seattle/Redmond?

I'm switching over from SPG for the summer promo and am curious what the hotels are like.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by canon5dfan
Anyone have any reviews for the Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue or Seattle/Redmond?

I'm switching over from SPG for the summer promo and am curious what the hotels are like.
I've stayed at both. They both used to be Hotel Sierra properties. The Bellevue location is right off of I-90 (easier to get to). However, I would say that the Redmond location is a step up -- nicer lobby, nicer bar/breakfast area, nicer hard product. There is also more to walk to by the Redmond location. I found the staff at both to be excellent.

There is also a brand new Hyatt House by the Space Needle in Seattle.

What are you looking for? Happy to answer any questions.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by canon5dfan

Not extensive threads but fairly comprehensive reviews:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.