Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt vs. Park Hyatt in Tokyo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: All of Them
Lost my diamond status, DSU normally do not get you Club access without the status, but website for lowest suite says "85-sq.-metre suite on a private concierge floor, including access to Grand Club lounge" So would a cash + points and a DSU would get me access to the grand club?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
Lost my diamond status, DSU normally do not get you Club access without the status, but website for lowest suite says "85-sq.-metre suite on a private concierge floor, including access to Grand Club lounge" So would a cash + points and a DSU would get me access to the grand club?
If you are staying in a suite at GHT you will have club access regardless of how you pay.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond

so I'll be taking my first trip tokyo in a couple weeks. currently I have 2 cash/point night and 2 cert night @ the PH. I am currently a diamond just completed the diamond challenge and still have my upgrade certs. my questions are regarding the upgrade certs. Is there a minimum number of paid nights needed in order to use them? Also if I had all paid nights and one award night is it likely they would keep me in a suite the whole time?

I'm also thinking of switching my stay to the GH based on locations hopefully someone could recommend one or the other.

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
so I'll be taking my first trip tokyo in a couple weeks. currently I have 2 cash/point night and 2 cert night @ the PH. I am currently a diamond just completed the diamond challenge and still have my upgrade certs. my questions are regarding the upgrade certs. Is there a minimum number of paid nights needed in order to use them? Also if I had all paid nights and one award night is it likely they would keep me in a suite the whole time?

I'm also thinking of switching my stay to the GH based on locations hopefully someone could recommend one or the other.

Thanks!
I think you should do both if it's your first time. They're both pinnacle Tokyo hoteling experiences and you'll have a great time at both.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Overheard one of the Grand Hyatt CL ladies telling another guest next to me who happened to use a lot of ice that they are removing the ice machines off of the guest floors.

I wasn't sure that I heard her 100% but less than 2 hours later, the ice machine was removed from my floor

if this is true, its a bummer
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Overheard one of the Grand Hyatt CL ladies telling another guest next to me who happened to use a lot of ice that they are removing the ice machines off of the guest floors.

I wasn't sure that I heard her 100% but less than 2 hours later, the ice machine was removed from my floor

if this is true, its a bummer
I guess that means guest services will be bringing me the ice then! Ha.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
I guess that means guest services will be bringing me the ice then! Ha.
If there was a problem, yo they'll solve it.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:27 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
currently have a reservation at PHT from 12/29-1/1/15 in a deluxe king room...no park suites open to use my DSU. However, GHT has an executive suites available for one of the nights and may be able to get another night booked/downgraded into a grand suite...Does the suites at GHT blow the deluxe rooms at PHT out of the water?

Even if I stay at GHT for the first 2 nights, I will have to spend my last night at PHT.
I want to visit PHT for sure but given that GHT has suites available for slightly less than PHT I'm thinking I should stay at GHT for the 1st 2 nights.

If anyone has pictures or experience from the GHT exe suites, please advise. Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by htang333
currently have a reservation at PHT from 12/29-1/1/15 in a deluxe king room...no park suites open to use my DSU. However, GHT has an executive suites available for one of the nights and may be able to get another night booked/downgraded into a grand suite...Does the suites at GHT blow the deluxe rooms at PHT out of the water?

Even if I stay at GHT for the first 2 nights, I will have to spend my last night at PHT.
I want to visit PHT for sure but given that GHT has suites available for slightly less than PHT I'm thinking I should stay at GHT for the 1st 2 nights.

If anyone has pictures or experience from the GHT exe suites, please advise. Thanks!
Unless you need the space of a suite, I wouldn't suggest letting suite availability at GHT influence your decision too much. Personally, I would be happier in a Deluxe or View room at PHT unless I really needed the extra space (PHT rooms are very spacious already).

I also don't like unnecessarily moving from hotel to hotel, so I would not advise splitting the stay unless you have a reason to change locations.

While nice, the suites at GHT are nothing special compared to those of other luxury hotels in Tokyo.

Just my $0.02
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:39 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Unless you need the space of a suite, I wouldn't suggest letting suite availability at GHT influence your decision too much. Personally, I would be happier in a Deluxe or View room at PHT unless I really needed the extra space (PHT rooms are very spacious already).

I also don't like unnecessarily moving from hotel to hotel, so I would not advise splitting the stay unless you have a reason to change locations.

While nice, the suites at GHT are nothing special compared to those of other luxury hotels in Tokyo.

Just my $0.02
Thanks for the advice. So it seems to you that PHT is of much better quality than GHT, even at a lower room it is still worth it to stay at PHT vs. GHT.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the advice. So it seems to you that PHT is of much better quality than GHT, even at a lower room it is still worth it to stay at PHT vs. GHT.
It's all a matter of personal taste. You'll find many people that will say that GH is of higher quality. It is unquestionably newer than PH.

Unless you plan to stay within the walls of the hotel throughout your trip, I think that location should be the biggest factor in making your call.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:15 am

As far as I am concerned, the PH is still the flagship property in Tokyo, notwithstanding the newer GH and Andaz properties.

But, there are good points to all of the different Hyatt loacations in Tokyo. You will be fine wherever you choose to stay. hailstorm's excellent website (link above) has a wealth of information and pictures of the different properties if you need help deciding where to stay.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Aug 27, 2014 at 8:21 am
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Tokyo Dilemma...

Upcoming vacation to Tokyo, never been there and won't be back for at least another year or 2...

Options on the 3 nights I will be there:
1) Deluxe King at PHT ~$2000, I can use my DSU for 2 out of the 3 nights...
2) Park King at PHT ~$1500, can't use my DSU (booked through Agoda)
3) C+P @ GHT 37,500 pts + $350, I can use my DSU for all 3 nights
4) C+P @ Andaz Tokyo 37,500 pts + $350, hotel does not participate in DSU

Also looked at the HR but would rather stay at something nicer.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Upcoming vacation to Tokyo, never been there and won't be back for at least another year or 2...

Options on the 3 nights I will be there:
1) Deluxe King at PHT ~$2000, I can use my DSU for 2 out of the 3 nights...
2) Park King at PHT ~$1500, can't use my DSU (booked through Agoda)
3) C+P @ GHT 37,500 pts + $350, I can use my DSU for all 3 nights
4) C+P @ Andaz Tokyo 37,500 pts + $350, hotel does not participate in DSU

See if you can get BRG for #2, otherwise #3 would likely best bang for the buck, unless you want to experience the iconic PHT
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SFOvacations
If you use your DSU at the HR, The suite should be as good or nicer than PH. Check my post on the HR with pictures. And is a fraction of the cost of PH. But if you want to experience the unparalleled service of the PHT, then have to go with 1 or 2.

Note: I used C+P and they gave me that huge suite. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.