FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt vs. Park Hyatt in Tokyo?
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:19 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by htang333
currently have a reservation at PHT from 12/29-1/1/15 in a deluxe king room...no park suites open to use my DSU. However, GHT has an executive suites available for one of the nights and may be able to get another night booked/downgraded into a grand suite...Does the suites at GHT blow the deluxe rooms at PHT out of the water?

Even if I stay at GHT for the first 2 nights, I will have to spend my last night at PHT.
I want to visit PHT for sure but given that GHT has suites available for slightly less than PHT I'm thinking I should stay at GHT for the 1st 2 nights.

If anyone has pictures or experience from the GHT exe suites, please advise. Thanks!
Unless you need the space of a suite, I wouldn't suggest letting suite availability at GHT influence your decision too much. Personally, I would be happier in a Deluxe or View room at PHT unless I really needed the extra space (PHT rooms are very spacious already).

I also don't like unnecessarily moving from hotel to hotel, so I would not advise splitting the stay unless you have a reason to change locations.

While nice, the suites at GHT are nothing special compared to those of other luxury hotels in Tokyo.

Just my $0.02