Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo or Conrad Tokyo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo or Conrad Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:22 pm

What's the Jetsetters Refund policy?

If you are traveling in peak days and they have availability, then Conrad is a better bet for you. Also having stay at PH / GH and Conrad myself, PH is the bottom one of my list, mostly due to the location. If you plan to travel via subway, PH is definitely the worst location while GH is right on top of the Roppongi Station and Conrad is at Shiodome. Able to walk to Tsukiji Market in the morning is a big plus for me too.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by anchor79
What's the Jetsetters Refund policy?

If you are traveling in peak days and they have availability, then Conrad is a better bet for you. Also having stay at PH / GH and Conrad myself, PH is the bottom one of my list, mostly due to the location. If you plan to travel via subway, PH is definitely the worst location while GH is right on top of the Roppongi Station and Conrad is at Shiodome. Able to walk to Tsukiji Market in the morning is a big plus for me too.
Didn't see the refund policy.

I thought the PH location was OK, and the hotel and room had more WOW factor than at the Conrad. But walking distance to Tsukiji was definitely very convenient, as I can have sushi every meal!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Jetsetter is now from $290/night.

Hmm...if the Inspire level cert is $319, does that mean that's how much 22K points are worth?

Now I'm having a similar dilemma - should I book the Conrad for $290 and save my points for places like PH Vendome or Maldives? Since Inspire level includes PH Tokyo and not those two - does that put those two hotels above PH Tokyo?
I just picked a few random dates in Aug and Sept and the only Tokyo hotels that appeared on Jetsetter were the MO and the Shangri-La, at $500-600 a night. How do you get the Conrad to appear?

The PH situation reflects the Tokyo economy -- if you know how to search properly, pretty much all of the Tokyo luxury hotels are discounting. Price levels in Paris for luxury hotels are considerably higher although as a recession settles in, that could change. If you will be travelling to Europe, right now you should save your points for Paris, Milan, Moscow, or Zurich. Another great use of points is at the PH Sydney.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I just picked a few random dates in Aug and Sept and the only Tokyo hotels that appeared on Jetsetter were the MO and the Shangri-La, at $500-600 a night. How do you get the Conrad to appear?

The PH situation reflects the Tokyo economy -- if you know how to search properly, pretty much all of the Tokyo luxury hotels are discounting. Price levels in Paris for luxury hotels are considerably higher although as a recession settles in, that could change. If you will be travelling to Europe, right now you should save your points for Paris, Milan, Moscow, or Zurich. Another great use of points is at the PH Sydney.
Conrad is the Mystery Hotel. But it looks like the dates that I want are $310+taxes and fees. Just found the cancellation policy - no charge if 7 days prior.

I have a stay at the Vendome next May and still some points left for a few more nights. Hmm...Moscow sounds intriguing...
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Conrad is the Mystery Hotel. But it looks like the dates that I want are $310+taxes and fees. Just found the cancellation policy - no charge if 7 days prior.

I have a stay at the Vendome next May and still some points left for a few more nights. Hmm...Moscow sounds intriguing...
I didn't get a mystery hotel on my search, it must be date specific.

At one point, Moscow was the most expensive Hyatt for a standard room. Might still be true. The annoyance (at least for US citizens) is that the Russian visa process is a real pain.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:30 am

http://www.jetsetter.com/hotels/japa...ollection&cl=4 here you can book up to end of the December.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
http://www.jetsetter.com/hotels/japa...ollection&cl=4 here you can book up to end of the December.
Thanks, I see it now, it's listed AFTER Tokyo in a separate category. This would be a good deal in the $300-320 range. Not all dates are available, although the ones that aren't seem rather randomly selected. PH rates are running on the order of $550. Amex FHR is in the same general price range but gets you an upgrade and breakfast.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:33 pm

Sorry, i should have been a bit more specific in my post about the Jetsetter rate.

I booked 4 days 3 of which are no longer available at 308 + tax which works out to 345 per night. Not bad in my opinion as it is over a weekend and includes breakfast for 2. We will see about getting a HH gold upgrade to executive lounge, but I am not holding my breath.

Also the room is a City view, and they had no problem adding in my HH gold number to the reservation. I just hope they don't give me an issue about free internet since I got a discount rate.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by portishead
Honestly, I had more fun at the GH Tokyo in the Roppongi Hills area.

But I am biased b/c we were upgraded to the 2799 sq ft Pres suite...it was an amazing room with a private rooftop pool. And we were using 2 CC suite nights. That aside, the lounge was excellent: always seating area available, good food/drink, and wonderful, diverse staff who all appeared to speak very good English.
I see that you are HH Gold - did you get full lounge access at the Conrad as a gold?

I have a stay coming up in Tokyo and chose the Conrad over the Park Hyatt...PH is excellent but I have stayed there before, so I wanted to try something new, plus it is less than 1/2 mile from the fish market.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by theblakefish
I see that you are HH Gold - did you get full lounge access at the Conrad as a gold?

I have a stay coming up in Tokyo and chose the Conrad over the Park Hyatt...PH is excellent but I have stayed there before, so I wanted to try something new, plus it is less than 1/2 mile from the fish market.
Location/Luxury wise it is hard to beat the Conrad for me.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:54 am
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Will be back to Tokyo in a couple months and this time I'm trying both! Will update this thread with my experiences in these hotels as both Hyatt and Hilton Diamond
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:17 pm

I've stayed at both hotels suites as a Diamond and loved them both. Service was top notch at both hotels.

I would give the nod to the PHT for its breakfast, especially the Japanese one. But the Conrad has the Exec Lounge with wonderful free drinks and appetizers in the evening. The appetizers rotate from the different hotel restaurants - e.g. Gordon Ramsay one night, Japanese another night, etc.

Our suite at the PHT had a view of Mount Fuji. PHT also lets you request complimentary mini-Shisheido toiletries. The Conrad has the bears and the rubber duckies (as mentioned by someone else) and a better location. It is near the fish market, Ginza, and the trains.

The Conrad will always hold a special place in my heart because I was staying there during the 2011 earthquake. Every staff person expressed a genuine concern for the guests to ensure that everything operated smoothly.

If I had to choose, I would probably alternate between the two hotels.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: SQSolitaire,Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, CO Platinum,
PHT for a great hotel, try Cajun Tuna at NYC grill great in room BF as diamond.....great pool, yoga lessons....so much to tell....
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I have 4 nights in Japan coming up in May and am trying to decide between the Conrad & PH Tokyo. I have the following available to me:

I know the Hyatt certificate is going to be used at the PHT for 1 night. I have diamond status with Hyatt and Gold with Hilton. I'm debating between the following options...

Option 1: 3 Nights Conrad & 1 Night PHT

1 night @ 38,000 HHonors + 19,782 JPY
      2 nights using HHonors certs
      1 night at PHT using Hyatt cert

Option 2: 4 Nights PHT

2 nights @ 32010 JPY/nt + DSU (got a great rate with a BRG)
      1 night using Hyatt cert
      1 night using 24,000 Gold Passport Points (After accounting for 20% Chase Visa rebate )

My HHonors certificates expire at the end of August and I do not have plans for any further international travel besides this trip. Is it worth foregoing the excellent opportunity to use my HHonors certs for 4 nights at the PHT?
      Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Nehawk
      I have 4 nights in Japan coming up in May and am trying to decide between the Conrad & PH Tokyo. I have the following available to me:

I know the Hyatt certificate is going to be used at the PHT for 1 night. I have diamond status with Hyatt and Gold with Hilton. I'm debating between the following options...

Option 1: 3 Nights Conrad & 1 Night PHT

1 night @ 38,000 HHonors + 19,782 JPY
          2 nights using HHonors certs
          1 night at PHT using Hyatt cert

Option 2: 4 Nights PHT

2 nights @ 32010 JPY/nt + DSU (got a great rate with a BRG)
          1 night using Hyatt cert
          1 night using 24,000 Gold Passport Points (After accounting for 20% Chase Visa rebate )

My HHonors certificates expire at the end of August and I do not have plans for any further international travel besides this trip. Is it worth foregoing the excellent opportunity to use my HHonors certs for 4 nights at the PHT?
          I'd go for the PHT. The suite is killer, and the PHT base room you'll get as a Diamond (usually Park Deluxe at minimum, and possible even Park View if they are light occupancy) will beat the Conrad room you get as a Gold (city view, not the money bay/Rainbow Bridge view).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.