Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2005, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Jill,

Did you get the a newly refurbished room in the "Executive Section" (whatever that is) with the new luxury beds?

J

Last edited by nologic; May 7, 2005 at 5:41 pm
Old May 9, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
Hyatt Regency O'Hare restaurant

Yes, I stayed in the executive rooms tower (or whatever it's called).

No, I'm not talking about the steak restaurant, but the rotating restaurant on top which I THINK is called Ventana or somesuch. Kinda Asian fusion-ish.
Old May 9, 2005, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jills
Yes, I stayed in the executive rooms tower (or whatever it's called).

No, I'm not talking about the steak restaurant, but the rotating restaurant on top which I THINK is called Ventana or somesuch. Kinda Asian fusion-ish.
Hmmm...while Scottie reports on May 4th:

"FWIW, the Hyatt ORD has made some fairly siginificant changes to their restaurant line-up since the arrival of a new GM late last year (this according to a server). Ventana's (the revolving rooftop restaurant) has been closed for good, and T.O.P. (The Steak Place) has been relocated next to Knuckles, in the space where Aldo's was years ago."

How's The Steak Place?
Old May 9, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
Omg!

Originally Posted by nologic
Hmmm...while Scottie reports on May 4th:

"FWIW, the Hyatt ORD has made some fairly siginificant changes to their restaurant line-up since the arrival of a new GM late last year (this according to a server). Ventana's (the revolving rooftop restaurant) has been closed for good, and T.O.P. (The Steak Place) has been relocated next to Knuckles, in the space where Aldo's was years ago."

How's The Steak Place?
Say it ain't so!! I LOVED that place!! I never ate at the steak place because there were just too many other good places to get steak. I was last there in September, I think. Soooo sad.
Old May 10, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
We stayed there a few days ago before returning to Europe on a $46 Priceline-rate. All in all we thought that this was a decent price for the hotel, however if I had paid the $169 they were asking for that night conventionally there would be no way I would be satisfied. Rooms were nice, but the constant traffic by the meeting-attendees and the general "hectic" athmosphere there was less than inspiring.

The hotel recently opened a Lounge on their Executive level (floor 29?). The lounge is basically a converted room and offers continental breakfast in the morning with pastries, fruit and bagels and drinks in the evening (alcohol for a charge). Other than that the Lounge is only offering bottled water - not even cookies or sodas. I also thought the rooms on that floor were nice and roomy yet the noise from the active runway a few feet away was disturbing - my wife was feeling sick and tried to sleep in that morning but after nine sharp planes started to land - a NW DC-9 going around made us feel like we had a little earthquake going on.

The parking situation is troubling - no way to hold your car even just to check-in - at least that's what I was told. And as the hotel has a minimum-charge of 10 hours in their lot (=15$ min.), I parked my car at some strange place before returning it. After eMailing their GM about that point I was told that 30 minutes parking in their lot is free just for that reason, and that they make sure this option is mentioned.

Greetings - Dirk
Old May 11, 2005, 7:00 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Got stuck here last month for a couple of days and WHAT A HOLE!

It very much has a Holiday Inn feel. No minibars, very loud, VERY dated, and few amenities. It's pretty much an embarassment to the Hyatt name.

How telling is it that amongst their conference rooms are prominently featured the Braniff room and the Eastern room?

The Hilton at the airport is worlds above this.

One caution if you do get stuck here. I got charged $123.50 by T-Mobile this afternoon and it turns out that the in-room internet charges you at the Red Carpet Club By-The-Hour rates if you've ever used T-Mobile at the RCC before and selected that rate plan.

There's no option to choose a rate plan, they just charge you whatever you choose for Starbucks/RCC usage. You actually have to call T-Mobile and have them reconfigure your account before you login and remember to reconfigure it back when you leave in order to get the advertised $9.95/day rate.

I got the refund, but it was a big hassle and it's best if you can avoid it yourself, much like this property.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What's in place of Ventannas now in the revolving restaurant? Are there plans for Grand Beds/room remodels soon? or have they just been done in the executive rooms?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Updates.

Any new updates?
I only have one concern about booking. I am a light sleeper
Are there any quiet rooms in this hotel?
Is this currently a recommended property?I have stayed at the Rosemont location but don't see how it might be worth over double 200 plus for a night
Appreciate the feedback
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:06 pm

Get a room in the "Executive Towers."

I hate the property, but it comes up on priceline a lot. If I were you, I'd just go bid $50 per night for a 4* at O'hare on priceline and this is the worst place you might get. Better might be the Hilton on-property or the Westin.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:57 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Am also a light sleeper and always ask for the quietest room possible. At the OHare, there is a section which is quieter - think room start with 3500 numbers but not sure on that one. From the reception, you take the elevator one floor - you are in front of the swimming pool and then go left. Second elevator which will also bring to the floor where they have the RC room. When you exit from the elevator, take the right corridor and room on the right are somewhat quieter. Last time I stayed there was a very noisy ice machine so avoid room in the near vicinity

Sorry for not being more precise
Old Mar 16, 2006, 1:10 am

You are referring to the executive towers. It is a separate building that you kind of wander back to one corner of the lobby and to another building through a hallway.

The rooms are number 20nnn and above. It will look like you're on the 25th floor, but you're really on the 5th floor of the other building. It is much quieter, and they will give you such a room even on a priceline reservation. Just ask at check-in.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by robb
You are referring to the executive towers. It is a separate building that you kind of wander back to one corner of the lobby and to another building through a hallway.

The rooms are number 20nnn and above. It will look like you're on the 25th floor, but you're really on the 5th floor of the other building. It is much quieter, and they will give you such a room even on a priceline reservation. Just ask at check-in.
Never got notified that your kind responses came in all.
Have been having an ongoing problem for some reason.
Robb thanks for the great feedback. ^
I picked up a fair rate on Hyatt.com of 107.Being I have to earn my keep as a Diamond member I will probably keep the reservation.I may actually just skip it though and pay more and go to straight to the Hyatt Regency on Wacker
Your past of the Holiday Inn comparison scares me.If I do end up going just please don't make me sleep in the Braniff Room
Old May 23, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
Hyatt Regency O'Hare $60 million renovation

Per today's Chicago Tribune, the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont is set to unveil a $60 million renovation today. Nothing regarding when/what this means.
Old May 24, 2007, 1:41 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Thanks for the post - I am not happy to read that they replace the swimming pool by meeting rooms. I always stayed in this property to enjoy a swim after a long transcontinental flight !
Old May 24, 2007, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
After a long transcontinental flight sounds like you're on a DC-3 in the 50's.

Stayed here last month and I can report that not a dime was spent on rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.