Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Guam (open) and HR Saipan (closing 30 Jun 2024) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Guam (open) and HR Saipan (closing 30 Jun 2024) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by srodr
Nothing new on the Guam Hyatt in over 2 years?

I'm planning a 4 day stop off in Guam this December and will hopefully have 4 FFNs to burn. Obviously this place doesn't get too much business from Flyertalk members, so I hope that's not an indication of its quality.

Has anyone here stayed in the past year or so and has anything major changed since the great 5 year old write-up back on page 1 of this thread?
I stayed two times at the Guam Hyatt last december overnighting on a trip to palau. We loved the pool and beach area, it was a great way to recover from jet lag. The RC was nice, free cocktails, nice ocean views, and some nightly snack food, breakfast was great with lots of fruit. We also thought the taxi was overpriced, $25 for a 2 mile trip from the airport. Then the taxi driver wanted to charge us another fee for all of the dive gear, since he didn't mention this extra charge until we got to the hotel I refused. We decided to rent a car on the return trip because we arrived at 6:00 am and wanted to see the island. The only car available from national had 75,000 miles on it, the check engine light was on, and had black smoke pouring out the back. So we were back to the ripoff taxis. Anyway we enjoyed the Guam Hyatt, we also checked out the marriott down the beach, and the their rooms were dark, damp, & moldy and the pool/beach was not as nice. have fun!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
G1 Promo?
Whats the offer code to get that?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kiez
G1 Promo?
Whats the offer code to get that?
G1 - gives you 1,000 bonus points on an eligible paid stay.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:03 pm

Does Guam Hyatt have free parking for guests?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Yes, parking is free at the Hyatt Guam.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by wilma
We also thought the taxi was overpriced, $25 for a 2 mile trip from the airport.
Don't the taxis run on the meter?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Yes, the taxis run on a meter but it's a very expensive meter. I once took a taxi from the Hyatt to the Hilton (less than a mile, I think) in Guam. When we were almost there, the meter read about $10. I said, "why is it so expensive, that's ridiculous?!" So before he arrived he turned off the meter. When we arrived, he said "how much do you want to pay?" I said $5 is about right. He said, "ok."

Kind of odd, don't you think? Welcome to Guam!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by neuro0
Don't the taxis run on the meter?
They do have meters, but at the airport he turned it on and it started with some high amount--$9 or $10. It was a total ripoff and I didn't think to offer him something less. The hotel people claimed that was a legitimate charge because cars are very expensive to own and operate. I am going back to Guam next year but will try and rent a car.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by wilma
They do have meters, but at the airport he turned it on and it started with some high amount--$9 or $10. It was a total ripoff and I didn't think to offer him something less. The hotel people claimed that was a legitimate charge because cars are very expensive to own and operate. I am going back to Guam next year but will try and rent a car.
Cars may be expensive to own and operate, but sometimes the rental car rates are very low on Guam and Saipan, esp. Saipan.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:37 am

I am wondering what would be the best, cheapest and quickest way to get there from Delhi or Mumbai? Also wondering if both the places needs US visa or it comes under some other territory.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:49 pm

As of last Monday, CNMI immigration and customs is now under US federal government control. Guam has always been under US immigration since it's been part of the U.S.

Asiana, NWA/Delta, and Continental fly to Saipan. JAL, Korean Airlines, CO, Philippines Airlines, and NWA/Delta all fly to Guam.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by kevino
As of last Monday, CNMI immigration and customs is now under US federal government control. Guam has always been under US immigration since it's been part of the U.S.

Asiana, NWA/Delta, and Continental fly to Saipan. JAL, Korean Airlines, CO, Philippines Airlines, and NWA/Delta all fly to Guam.
Thanks for the info...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:53 am

A 2010 update!

This a review for Hyatt Regency Guam.

Checked in here on FFN. The desk agent took more than 20 minutes. She had to went to back office once to get my room assignment. I questioned her what kind of room is it. She just keep saying it is a King room and she already upgraded me to a higher floor from my standard room. Asked for a resort map so I know where is exactly is my room and none is available. Asked about my Club access, she said no club access for me since I didn't pay for it. I told her I am a diamond member, I will get access regardless I pay for it or not. She was like . I then pointed out to her that my name (with my last name spelled it wrong) was on the VIP arrival list that someone causally laid it on the desk with a different room number on it (I found out it is a better room after I got into my room). She disappeared to the back office again. Wait and wait. She came out with another agent saying I, of course, will get club access. I was told the room I was assigned on the VIP list is not available that's why I get what I assigned right now.

Extreme poor check in experience in my book. Took a long time and poorly trained agent.

The room I got now is on 10th floor next to the construction site next door over looking the bay toward other side of the island vs the direct ocean view away from the construction site I was pre-assigned on 13th. For reference, the highest floor is on 14th and regency club is on 12th floor.

Diamond amenity is a bottle of red wine and 2 apples.

I also confirmed the VIB (very important baby) amenities through the Hyatt e-concierge. FD agent said it should be in the room but none found.

The view is not a big deal for me but the noise is. If the noise is bad in the morning, I probably will ask for a different room.

On the record, I am not disappointed yet since my expectation was low after I read the FT and tripadvisor reviews before I came here.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 5:46 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you for the recent review. Activities on this particular thread is few and far in between.

I am going to Saipan for 3 days in April. And out of curiosity, is there an airport lounge in SPN? I will be flying Asiana in Biz.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:02 am

Yes, there is a small multi-airline lounge at SPN. It's at the far left as you clear immigration. Sometimes it has hot food out. If it doesn't, then you can get a drink and chips as it's connected to the grocery store. I think you should be able to get in in OZ business but can't say that I've tried at 3:00 am!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.