FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Guam (open) and HR Saipan (closing 30 Jun 2024) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:40 pm
wilma

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by srodr
Nothing new on the Guam Hyatt in over 2 years?

I'm planning a 4 day stop off in Guam this December and will hopefully have 4 FFNs to burn. Obviously this place doesn't get too much business from Flyertalk members, so I hope that's not an indication of its quality.

Has anyone here stayed in the past year or so and has anything major changed since the great 5 year old write-up back on page 1 of this thread?
I stayed two times at the Guam Hyatt last december overnighting on a trip to palau. We loved the pool and beach area, it was a great way to recover from jet lag. The RC was nice, free cocktails, nice ocean views, and some nightly snack food, breakfast was great with lots of fruit. We also thought the taxi was overpriced, $25 for a 2 mile trip from the airport. Then the taxi driver wanted to charge us another fee for all of the dive gear, since he didn't mention this extra charge until we got to the hotel I refused. We decided to rent a car on the return trip because we arrived at 6:00 am and wanted to see the island. The only car available from national had 75,000 miles on it, the check engine light was on, and had black smoke pouring out the back. So we were back to the ripoff taxis. Anyway we enjoyed the Guam Hyatt, we also checked out the marriott down the beach, and the their rooms were dark, damp, & moldy and the pool/beach was not as nice. have fun!