Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
Just curious if there are any updates on construction noise/impacts? The last update that I could find was from MilesBuilder on 7/4, saying the worst seemed to be over.

I'm thinking about a stay next month, and the only suites available on my dates are in the Napili tower. Thanks!
I was there two weeks ago and there was ongoing construction, clearing, digging, etc. of the pool area in front of the timeshare as well as landscaping work. There was some noise from the bobcat excavators, especially the constant beep-beep as they maneuver. Exterior work on the building itself seems to be almost finished. BTW-we could hear the beep-beeping in the Lahaina tower too as well as the nightly drumming from the luau.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, Marriott Silver
I just returned after 5 nights there - was upgraded to an ocean-view suite as a diamond. 6th floor Napili tower. Was right next to the construction. Noise was noticeable but not too disruptive and only during the day - I would say a company event one night was much louder. Overall the construction had no effect on our vacation, and our room was right next to it all.

The place is wonderful for a young family, between the penguins, the coi fish, swans, and the kiddy pool/slide. The time-share sell is ubiquitous (stands on the way to the elevator, at the welcome center, at the pool, etc) but they were generally pleasant and offered free tote bags.

The Regency Club is open all day and is a welcome respite from being outside all day. It has a decent spread for breakfast and dinner, but it's not designed to be a full meal, though you could get away with it. We went to the swan court brunch buffet a couple mornings - I expected that it would be the same food as the regency club, but the brunch has much more choice and better quality food. They give you a 2-for-the-price-of-1 ticket on check-in, and I think it was worth the price.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:20 pm

Hey guys!My fiance (29) and I (26) are getting married may 29 2015. I am about to book my honeymoon to Hawaii for jun1-jun7. My travel agent is quoting us $5700 for airfaire and Regency club deluxe oncean front rooms with daily breakfast. I am going to put this all on my Hyatt chase card to get the points. Can anyone tell me more about points and what i can do with them. Also can anyone tell me the benefit of getting a regency club room? Is there any recommendations you guys have for me. this is our first time ever to Hawaii. My fiance and I have been together 9 years and we have two children. this will be our first ever vacation without the kids. The only place we have ever vacationed was in VA with my parents so we are beyond excited for our honeymoon trip to Maui. I wish we could stay longer but cant due to our work schedules. Is there nything i should know about Hyatt or anything i need to know about getting upgrades. Any places you guys can suggest that we see, places to eat at, or activities to do?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
First, Congratulations on your wedding!

Second, there are threads on FT for Maui restaurants and things to do. Maui is a perfect island for doing just about anything, or nothing at all. You'll have to work hard to NOT enjoy your stay.

Third, the benefit of a RC room is that you get access to the Regency Club. They serve a light breakfast, snacks and soft drinks throughout the day, and a dessert buffet at night - all free to those with access.

I will let others with more knowledge than I talk about the points.

Originally Posted by Amberlynnp13
Hey guys!My fiance (29) and I (26) are getting married may 29 2015. I am about to book my honeymoon to Hawaii for jun1-jun7. My travel agent is quoting us $5700 for airfaire and Regency club deluxe oncean front rooms with daily breakfast. I am going to put this all on my Hyatt chase card to get the points. Can anyone tell me more about points and what i can do with them. Also can anyone tell me the benefit of getting a regency club room? Is there any recommendations you guys have for me. this is our first time ever to Hawaii. My fiance and I have been together 9 years and we have two children. this will be our first ever vacation without the kids. The only place we have ever vacationed was in VA with my parents so we are beyond excited for our honeymoon trip to Maui. I wish we could stay longer but cant due to our work schedules. Is there nything i should know about Hyatt or anything i need to know about getting upgrades. Any places you guys can suggest that we see, places to eat at, or activities to do?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
Just got back from 5 nights, construction went round the clock, they were supposed to be done today. Most of the outside furniture was in place yesterday but there was a ton of landscaping and clean up to do yet. Doubt they made the deadline, but should be close.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
I am trying to book suite with points for Aug 2015. When i called last night to ask they said rooms were available and when I called this morning to book they said I can only use C + P at $409 plus $6k...few questions

1) Is this price point worth it?

2) I will be with my wife, 7 & 4 year old....Is a suite needed or just a regular room?

3)Does suite availability with points open up?

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@Playsmart - rooms are a bit on the small side. Not Andaz small but small enough in a 2 bedroom setup.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
@Playsmart - rooms are a bit on the small side. Not Andaz small but small enough in a 2 bedroom setup.
Hi, I have an upcoming stay at the regency and the andaz. Are the andaz rooms much smaller?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Thanks,
I called back up today and they had suite availability so I booked it at 32K a night....I have 400k UR points so I may as well use it sooner or later.

Thanks again
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Playsmart
Thanks,
I called back up today and they had suite availability so I booked it at 32K a night....I have 400k UR points so I may as well use it sooner or later.

Thanks again
I'm curious, does the suite actually show up online or do you have to call? I've only seen the regular rooms at 20K and Regency Club at 27K. I've not seen suites at 32K. And which suite do you book into? I thought me and my wife were set on Cancun, but now we may do Hawaii instead. I'd much rather spend the points on a suite than a regular room.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
I'm curious, does the suite actually show up online or do you have to call? I've only seen the regular rooms at 20K and Regency Club at 27K. I've not seen suites at 32K. And which suite do you book into? I thought me and my wife were set on Cancun, but now we may do Hawaii instead. I'd much rather spend the points on a suite than a regular room.
Suites do not show up online so I call to ask about them and they said "yes, you can book suites with points for 32K a night"
It books us into the Lahaina Ocean Suite.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Playsmart
Suites do not show up online so I call to ask about them and they said "yes, you can book suites with points for 32K a night"
It books us into the Lahaina Ocean Suite.
Thanks. Now just have to get airfare availability to line up with the suite haha.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Hi, I have an upcoming stay at the regency and the andaz. Are the andaz rooms much smaller?
I wouldn't say much smaller, but they appear smaller and functionally smaller given the way the bathroom + hallway are setup. The Andaz rooms with 2 beds are pretty cramped imo without much space to setup luggage. The king room has a bit more space but that uncomfortable (nearly useless) sofa/chair/lounge/whatever piece of furniture.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:29 am

Hi, Folks! I've read briefly through this thread but haven't found exactly the answer I'm looking for. I am considering using/transferring Chase points for a suite at the Maui Hyatt for my family of four at 32k per night. Are the suites eligible for Club entry? Having Club access is a big benefit for us with two little ones who eat all day long, so I'm not sure I'd trade the food for the view since they'll be along for this trip, too. Best of both would be idea! ;-)
Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by aprilmay
Hi, Folks! I've read briefly through this thread but haven't found exactly the answer I'm looking for. I am considering using/transferring Chase points for a suite at the Maui Hyatt for my family of four at 32k per night. Are the suites eligible for Club entry? Having Club access is a big benefit for us with two little ones who eat all day long, so I'm not sure I'd trade the food for the view since they'll be along for this trip, too. Best of both would be idea! ;-)
Thanks!
No, suites do not automatically have access to the club, unless you are a Diamond member. You could call them and ask how much club access would cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.