Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Availability of Park Hyatt Sydney for Free Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Hello All,

I am planning on applying for the Hyatt Credit Card that comes with 2 free nights at any property worldwide. I will be traveling to Sydney in February of 2013 for a nice long vacation and was wondering what the chances are of being able to use these 2 free nights at the Park Hyatt in Sydney? I have been unsuccessful in my search on the Hyatt website to view availability of this.

This may not be easy to look up but I just want to know if there is a good chance of being able to use the free nights at this particular hotel. I dont want to get the card to find out that I can not use these for what I want.

Thank you.

Last edited by cjkcue; Mar 16, 2012 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You can check, if the hotel has availability for a revenue stay in the base room category, City Harbor King / Twin it would be available for award stay. In the past this property hasn't presented lots of problems but who know with the redo.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
You can check, if the hotel has availability for a revenue stay in the base room category, City Harbor King / Twin it would be available for award stay. In the past this property hasn't presented lots of problems but who know with the redo.
Thank you very much for the info!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:41 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really gotta wonder -- since this method is so precise and straightforward, and since this question is asked so regularly on this forum: why the heck doesn't the Hyatt website do the exact same check and report back availability automatically? Or does it?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You used to be able to check award availability without logging in and having points in your account.

The geniuses at Hyatt IT decided that you not only had to log in, you also had to have 5,000 points.

So now people can't even check if they don't have enough points. I guess it's also a good way to keep the customer service reps employed
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:28 pm

Have been looking into using the CC reward night here as well.

Thought this might be of interest to anyone out there doing the same.

From an email sent to Sydney Park Hyatt

We do offer reservations on the Hyatt Chase Suite awards that are issued upon registration of the Hyatt Chase credit card and these award stays are available in all room types up to or Opera Deluxe rooms.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:29 pm

I've checked through the HGP website and found ample award availability almost every month going forward. I think the high retail prices plus the long hiatus may be depressing bookings.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I just booked 5 nights in early Feb. 2013 at the Park Hyatt Sydney. Seemed to have plenty of availability on all of the nights I searched around them, too. However I noticed I was only able to get a King bed, which was fine for my circumstances but may not be for yours.

OP, if there are specific dates you want me to check, PM me and I'll be happy to do it. Have plenty of GP points in my account with which to check.

~Jennifer
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:17 pm

might be of interest to those wishing to book the Chase 2 Free Nights

We do offer reservations on the Hyatt Chase Suite awards that are issued upon registration of the Hyatt Chase credit card and these award stays are available in all room types up to or Opera Deluxe rooms.
keep us posted
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by orion2185
Have been looking into using the CC reward night here as well.

Thought this might be of interest to anyone out there doing the same.

From an email sent to Sydney Park Hyatt
But, none of these are "suites". The Opera/City King Deluxe are about 75 square meters per Hyatt.com so they are rather spacious.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by blase
I just booked 5 nights in early Feb. 2013 at the Park Hyatt Sydney. Seemed to have plenty of availability on all of the nights I searched around them, too. However I noticed I was only able to get a King bed, which was fine for my circumstances but may not be for yours.

~Jennifer
I'm not sure if Jennifer or anyone else had the same issue as me, but when I search for an award booking at PH Sydney for Dec. 2012 (22k/night) it's showing the room that is available for booking as a "Park King." However, the hotel's website shows categories of rooms such as City Harbour King, Opera King - nothing called "Park King." Does anyone know what room a "Park King" is supposed to be on the hotel's current website? I am assuming it's one of the basic ones, but wasn't sure which one.

Also, when on a Hyatt award stay, do the typical Hyatt elite benefits apply? (I am Platinum). I have done many SPG award stays but never any with Hyatt.

Thanks so much.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:33 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 5:01 am
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by irishflyer07

Also, when on a Hyatt award stay, do the typical Hyatt elite benefits apply? (I am Platinum). I have done many SPG award stays but never any with Hyatt.

Thanks so much.
Full benefits apply.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:28 am

I was just able to book a reservation for two nights in mid-February using my free night certificates without any difficulty whatsoever. The agent even remarked that there is plenty of availability using points/certs for the timeframe I was inquiring about. Very pleased that I can use these certificates on my desired dates at a property such as the PH Sydney! ^
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA/CO, DL
I waiting for a week long stay there in October next year and saving all my points for it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.