Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Availability of Park Hyatt Sydney for Free Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Availability of Park Hyatt Sydney for Free Nights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Anyone stay here over this last New Year's? I'm hoping to book a few nights using free night certs from the credit card here for next year, but New Year's Eve is coming back with an error saying the hotel isn't available or isn't yet taking reservations. It will let me book a room where the check out is 12/31/13, and it will also let me book a room where check-in is on 1/1/14. So that rules out that it's too far out to book. Even signed in as a Plat member which should force availability won't work for 12/31. I'm looking at a 4 night reservation too, so it shouldn't be an issue of min stay requirement.

Do you think they would be blocking reservations entirely for New Year's Eve?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by roknroll
Anyone stay here over this last New Year's? I'm hoping to book a few nights using free night certs from the credit card here for next year, but New Year's Eve is coming back with an error saying the hotel isn't available or isn't yet taking reservations. It will let me book a room where the check out is 12/31/13, and it will also let me book a room where check-in is on 1/1/14. So that rules out that it's too far out to book. Even signed in as a Plat member which should force availability won't work for 12/31. I'm looking at a 4 night reservation too, so it shouldn't be an issue of min stay requirement.

Newbie Hyatt GP here. I just redeemed my 2 freebie CC nights for Park Hyatt Sydney for April 1-3. Website wouldn't let me book both nights as a single res, but it did let me book each night separately. A call to cust svc got the two res linked.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:33 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roknroll

Generally you have to contact the hotel directly for NYE, and be prepared to pay RACK. The minimum stay may be 5 nights. I doubt they would allow free cc nights.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just got the content of the NYE package..... minimum stay is 4 (non view rooms, rate AUD1250), 5 (view rooms, AUD1750 and up) and 6 nights (suites, AUD2700 and up).

There are some extra's included (like breakfast and airport transportation) but still not a very attractive offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.