Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2012 Promotion Speculation - Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Promotion Speculation - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by John45NJ
Stayed at the xxx HP last evening. Asked employees if they heard of any pending promotions and was told there was a 3 or 4 night (not consecutive) bonus point promotion coming next month. Don't have any more specifics and have yet to verify.....
prob shouldn't mention property specifics. @:-)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
And who here picked up on the Radisson|Carlson stay-one-night-earn-at-least-two-free-nights promotion? Several of us have been active with praise over on that board. Not only was it generous - it worked.

^

And here's +1 to hobo13 @5 and GUWonder @10.

Per request: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...irst-post.html

In fact, they floated this "perpetual motion promotion" at the same time...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...00-points.html

[Time to say I have nothing to do with Carlson, except to have done really well by them since rediscovering them recently via these promos.]

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 22, 2012 at 8:14 am
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Firewind
And who here picked up on the Radisson|Carlson stay-one-night-earn-at-least-two-free-nights promotion? Several of us have been active with praise over on that board. Not only was it generous - it worked.

^

I never paid attention to Club Carlson and associated hotels til this promotion. While I'll still qualify for Diamond with Hyatt this year, their lack of promotion pushed me to take advantage of Carlson hotels. And I really like the Radisson Blu hotels so far! I'll always be a Hyatt loyalist, but there's no doubt that the lack of a promotion took a few thousand in revenue of mine from them to competitors.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I looked on the Carlson page did see it.

Do you have a link to it?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Originally Posted by price123
I think they could offer a fair FFN, where the category you stay at determines the category you can redeem at (i.e. 2 nights cat 1 means 1 free night cat 1; 1 night cat 6 + 1 night cat 4 = 1 free cat 5 night). I can't remember if I have suggested this before online, but it would seem fair, although less profitable for FTers.
It does sound fair, but I think would be hard to sell to a system as part of a marketing program. The lower redemption level properties might complain that they are being shut out of the most lucrative travelers as those that frequently stay at high redemption value properties may well choose a competitor without such an award structure. Likewise the high redemption value properties might be looking at empty rooms that could otherwise be filled with program participants. While I'm sure they would prefer to sell every room at rack, I'm guessing SPG compensation for an award night plus the chance to sell highly profitable incidentals looks pretty good to a revenue manager compared to an empty room night.

As travelers we need to remember the promos have to make the property owners happy too.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I looked on the Carlson page did see it.

Do you have a link to it?
The Radisson promotion (stay at a Radisson once and get 50K bonus points) finished on 12/30/2011.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I had a blast with the Carlson promotion. Just about every family member spent a night somewhere. I had no experience with Radisson/Carlson before this, but holy cow, I might just move some business that way.

And I love the little books they print with all their properties in it. (The IND Radisson had them scattered on little stands throughout the property, so I took one.) I was amazed at how many world-wide properties they had..... and already plan to use some points in Spain this spring. That's something you sure can't do with Hyatt points!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:45 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by LoveTravelWorld
Hello all,

I think the AAdvantage triple miles for stay at Hyatt expired on Jan 15.Is it true that there is no systemwide promotion whatsoever now at Hyatt?

Marriott has Mega Bonus or Mega Miles, HHonors has More Points (1,000/5,000 points) promotion, and SPG has Better by the Night promotion.

Please let me know if I miss anything.

Thanks.

Buy Hyatt points Jan 18-Mar 15 for 10% to 30% bonus points

Hyatt Gold Passport offers 10% to 30% bonus points on points purchases from January 18 through March 15, 2012. The normal purchase rate of $24 per 1,000 points is charged, but the bonus points reduce the net cost. There is a calendar year limit of 40,000 points as the maximum purchase, yet this offer allows members to buy as many as 52,000 points for 2012.

•1,000 – 9,000 points = 10% bonus points; reducing rate from $24/1,000 points to $21.82 per 1,000 points.
•10,000 to 29,000 points = 20% bonus points; reducing rate to $20 per 1,000 points.
•30,000 to 40,000 points = 30% bonus points; reducing rate to $18.46 per 1,000 points.
•Points must be purchased in increments of 1,000 points.
•Maximum annual purchase for Hyatt Gold Passport points is normally 40,000 points and this sale offer allows members to buy up to 52,000 points in 2012.

This is a good opportunity to load up on Hyatt Gold Passport points if you have specific plans for using the points in 2012. I could show you loads of hotels where this is a great deal compared to the published rate, but suffice to say this can be a route to discounted hotel rooms. DealsWeLike blog showed a couple of examples where buying points saves major cash outlay at a couple of resort hotels.

Assume you purchase 52,000 points for $960. Here is the table to showing room rate to reward rate equivalent after buying points at $18.46 per 1,000 points.

Hyatt Gold Passport Reward Nights
•Category 1 hotels at 5,000 points = $92.30
•Category 2 hotels at 8,000 points = $147.68
•Category 3 hotels at 12,000 points = $221.52
•Category 4 hotels at 15,000 points = $276.90
•Category 5 hotels at 18,000 points = $332.28
•Category 6 hotels at 22,000 points = $406.12

This table shows the cost or reward nights at each hotel reward level when buying points with the 30% bonus. If the published rate after tax is more than the rate shown here, then the points option is cheaper. Keep in mind though that a Hyatt reward stay does not earn points or elite credit and for Diamond members, confirmed suite upgrades are not applicable to reward stays.

Buy and Transfer Points for Bigger Hotel Rewards is the column I wrote for InsideFlyer January 2012 issue showing the rules for buying and transferring points across the major hotel loyalty programs. The piece shares some strategies and opportunities available to members who may want to buy points for a hotel reward as a cheaper alternative to the published room rates.

One of the features of Hyatt Gold Passport is the free transfer of points between any two members to reach the level needed for a reward stay redemption. This gives a couple the opportunity to purchase and combine 104,000 points with this current Hyatt Gold Passport promotion.

You may only have as few as 6,000 points in your account today and tomorrow you could have 110,000 points after combining points with another member (spouse, parent, traveling companion). Five nights at a Category 6 Hyatt Hotel for $1,920 in points purchases can potentially be a huge discount at some Hyatt Resorts and aspirational properties.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Just wish you could have gone into a bit more detail, rtl -

Nice 1st post - Welcome to FT!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Is it me, or is this a relatively poor, or at least par, value? $406 a night for a cat 6 hotel? With few exceptions, that's a bit steep.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Don't forget that when buying 960$ in points, you "loose" 4800 points you would have earn paying your stays...
Old Jan 25, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Is it me, or is this a relatively poor, or at least par, value? $406 a night for a cat 6 hotel? With few exceptions, that's a bit steep.
I think it is better than par if you use it at the right cat 6 hotels, which in my mind would be the various park hyatts in Asia and Europe.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Huge announcements? Hyatt definitely will not.

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I am honestly very surprised that Hyatt has been this quiet. Maybe they will be like the Yankees...quiet all winter and then huge announcements one day.

Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:59 pm

I am surprised that Hyatt offer even worse promo. than last year!

Originally Posted by lululee
Just received an email from Ritz Carlton regarding their upcoming promo: earn one free night after two stays, up to two free nights max for tier 1 to 3 properties. Do you guys think Hyatt will offer another lacklustre promo like last year's or do you think Hyatt will get back on track and at least try to match the competitors??
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:01 am

This promo is really a good promo! Hope Hyatt could have the similar one! ^

^

Per request: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...irst-post.html

In fact, they floated this "perpetual motion promotion" at the same time...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...00-points.html

[Time to say I have nothing to do with Carlson, except to have done really well by them since rediscovering them recently via these promos.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.