Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Place Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by hch
I'm really amazed how bad a lot of this "breakfast" in the US is. If a Youth Hostel in Austria can provide a breakfast buffet with lots of breads, cereals and freshly prepared scrambled organic eggs while offering a two bed room for 50EUR there's no excuse for the Hyatt Places, Haptons Inns and others to not do so.
how many bunk in a room at that youth hostel for 50 EUR a night?

I get your point, but I don't think it's really a valid comparison, and no, I am not defending HP.

-David
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by hch
I'm really amazed how bad a lot of this "breakfast" in the US is. If a Youth Hostel in Austria can provide a breakfast buffet with lots of breads, cereals and freshly prepared scrambled organic eggs while offering a two bed room for 50EUR there's no excuse for the Hyatt Places, Haptons Inns and others to not do so.
Are you serious?? A hostel? Remember the people who stay at HP are business folk. They aren't interested in sharing bathrooms or showers with strangers. Majority of us business travels look for a consistent product. I don't think any business travel would stay in a youth hostel unless they are used carpet salesman...lol
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Not a valid cost comparison at all between the average Austrian youth at a hostel who will be concerned about not being too packed to bike and the average overfed AARP member in America who is only concerned about fitting through the door of a Buick.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I've had 2 recent stays at Hyatt Place (Tempe, AZ and Ft Worth, TX City-view) and both had disgusting scrambled eggs and sausage as the complimentary breakfast offering.

I hope this is just 2 properties going rogue and not an official HP policy change. I respect that many didn't like the "skillet" sandwiches, but I did. And they seemed to be made from "real" ingredients. The eggs at both properties were obvious made from powdered eggs. Ft Worth at least had some hot sauce to try and give them some flavor. The sausage at Tempe was sitting in a skillet soaking in their grease while at Ft Worth they were dried out and also seemed to be reconstituted in some fashion. I don't see how many folks could prefer the chemical eggs/sausage to the sandwiches.

I also checked both the generic Hyatt Place and Ft Worth websites. Both still listed the complimentary breakfast as "Skillets (hot breakfast sandwich, hot sweet item.)"
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hmm love disgusting dry curdled fake eggs my favorite
I respect that Hyatt continues to want to put a sub-par breakfast product into the limited service properties while the owners get to charge a premium on rates.
I say that as many times the full service properties are on par with a similar rates/ADR. Though of course not all the time.

Having said that I still think they could fix upgrade the cold part/continental breakfast easily enough though they seem unwilling.
I see continued down grades in most everything on the breakfast front. Elimination of individual chilled yogurts at some properties with the big soupy room temp bowls of yogurt, generic institutional cereals in chutes that fall all over the floor as guests try and dispense
All eyes of the beholder of course. Nothing can save powdered eggs the are insult to diners and chefs the world over.

I've given up excepting any improvement after a half decade plus on the breakfast front with the limited service properties.
Hilton Garden Inn to their cerdit for that low end buffet simply does a reasonably better job.

At the end of the day cost control is more important than guest satisfaction.The brand was essentially built without full kitchens like a Hilton Garden Inn.
I respect that from a financial savings and putting more say into the hard product.
For me its simply never going to make me a satisfied breakfast customer the way I find great joy in the full service Hyatt properties and consider a wide variety to have the true Hyatt gold standard touch when they hit their mark.

What I would like to see Hyatt do is give elites the option to opt out of the breakfast entirely and earn points and be able to do away with the breakfast entirely.
I'd opt in permanently with rare exception and stay with the brand more regularly than avoiding it as much as I can now
I really like Hyatt Place where they aren't one of the more select failed former troubled Ameri Suites properties with noise issues that went unaddressed in the conversion process
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steve64

I hope this is just 2 properties going rogue and not an official HP policy change. I respect that many didn't like the "skillet" sandwiches, but I did. And they seemed to be made from "real" ingredients.
Sara Lee will be happy to know that their efforts to make their processed food look real may be working in some cases. Check this timely article out that shows some of the lengths they are going to make artificial food look more natural.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by neo_781
Sara Lee will be happy to know that their efforts to make their processed food look real may be working in some cases. Check this timely article out that shows some of the lengths they are going to make artificial food look more natural.
Interesting article Thanks for sharing!
Who knows before long canned SPAM and powdered eggs will be considered artisan,organic,hand carved and rustic

Lets just hope the trend doesn't spread to the full service brands!
Hyatt built its distinctive legacy on unique design, dedicated professional service and quality food and beverage I hope they don't start throwing in the towel
In regards to the breakfast service at Hyatt Place the bar has clearly been lowered long ago in lines of Holiday Inn Express with better presentation
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:19 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by steve64
I've had 2 recent stays at Hyatt Place (Tempe, AZ and Ft Worth, TX City-view) and both had disgusting scrambled eggs and sausage as the complimentary breakfast offering.

I hope this is just 2 properties going rogue and not an official HP policy change. I respect that many didn't like the "skillet" sandwiches, but I did. And they seemed to be made from "real" ingredients. The eggs at both properties were obvious made from powdered eggs. Ft Worth at least had some hot sauce to try and give them some flavor. The sausage at Tempe was sitting in a skillet soaking in their grease while at Ft Worth they were dried out and also seemed to be reconstituted in some fashion. I don't see how many folks could prefer the chemical eggs/sausage to the sandwiches.

I also checked both the generic Hyatt Place and Ft Worth websites. Both still listed the complimentary breakfast as "Skillets (hot breakfast sandwich, hot sweet item.)"
Hyatt Place Blue Ash OH had skillet andwiches last week but also had scrambled eggs and sausage. Since I try to eat low-carb I went with the eggs and sausage. Luckily, I didn't find them to be disgusting..

So it looks like the additional items have been rolled-out nationwide? Or just at selected locations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.