Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Place Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Who pays "hundreds of dollars a night" to stay at hyatt house/place?!?
New York with tax is about 200 per night as is Scottsdale in season
Even Florida can approach 170 per night plus tax in season
We don't all live or travel to in Texas where it is a bargain
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
Hyatt Place Waikiki had what looked like a decent spread. It was jammed and picked over so we skipped it and went elsewhere. It does have Asian offerings - rice, miso, pickles if you that way inclined.

Coffee in the am was great.
The full service hotels do a great job typically ^
Excellent standards the world over :-::-::-::-:
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
170/night isn't "hundreds" per night... I wasn't comparing prices to Texas.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by dtremit
There's a PDF with a list of locations serving the new breakfast here:

Hyatt Place Kitchen Skillet Property List

Hopefully they'll keep it updated.

For those who have seen the new options -- are there any provisions for carrying food out? The sandwiches sound like a nice option for "grab and go" mornings, but a simple stack of paper bags or paper to wrap them in would go a long way toward making that feasible.
I didn't see something specific to sandwiches, but I did see plastic cups for juice, and foam bowls for cereal, oatmeal, fruit, etc. I suppose one of those would work to put a sandwich in. I just grabbed a couple of napkins and wrapped them around it.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I was speaking with a HP general manager the ohter day, and she told me that her property (a franchisee) would be later this year and she can't roll out the new breakfast until some construction is done in the kitchen area, and that she hadn't been notified as to when the construction crew would arrive. She said that corporate locations are being updated first, and then the franchisees.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I was speaking with a HP general manager the ohter day, and she told me that her property (a franchisee) would be later this year and she can't roll out the new breakfast until some construction is done in the kitchen area, and that she hadn't been notified as to when the construction crew would arrive. She said that corporate locations are being updated first, and then the franchisees.
That is consistent with what I have heard from two separate hotel managers. They had to add some things to the kitchen to enable the new menu, and that appears to be done on a rolling basis.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by seaduck79
That is consistent with what I have heard from two separate hotel managers. They had to add some things to the kitchen to enable the new menu, and that appears to be done on a rolling basis.
Its not like they use the same construction crews all over the US - wonder why they have to roll them out over time.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:14 am

How about rolling in a stove with someone that can make some non powdered scrambled eggs so we don't have to go to IHOP
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:13 am

Well, I think there is still a gap between the HP kitchens and a real restaurant kitchen. Everything I have seen so far is pre-fabricated, requiring assembly and re-heating only. And that includes their lunch and dinner menus. It's serviceable food if you can't or don't feel like leaving the hotel, but not much beyond that.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I've stayed at the Fremont HP at least a dozen times and it's a solid property. Most HPs are like Fremont but there are some that are a notch or two below.

Glad to hear of the new breakfast offerings. I haven't stayed at a HP this year, so haven't been able to give it a try.
Another vote for the HP in Fremont, the one down the street from NUMMI/Tesla. I stayed there for the first time and enjoyed it thoroughly, and the rates were great. So much that I signed up for Gold Passport on site so that Hyatt would know the property was so good that it made me want to return. (Someone previously mentioned a microwave. My room did not have a microwave.)

Re: take out- I have stayed at 3 HPs this year, and all had real plates and silverware, not plastic. I do not know if that is intended to stop people from taking food back to their rooms, but people do indeed take breakfast back to their rooms.

Originally Posted by kcblakely
I'm staying in the HP in Waikiki right now, and I feel precisely the same way. This is such a qualitative step up over the comparable Marriott offering (Courtyard) that I'm seriously considering jumping the Marriott ship....
I don't think anyone from Hyatt or Marriott would call the Courtyard to be Marriott's competitor to HP. The Springhill Suites (ONLY the new "aqua" SHS) are the competitor to HPs.

Last edited by jn in ca; Apr 21, 2012 at 8:20 pm
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:46 pm

Well, I think there is still a gap between the HP kitchens and a real restaurant kitchen. Everything I have seen so far is pre-fabricated, requiring assembly and re-heating only. And that includes their lunch and dinner menus. It's serviceable food if you can't or don't feel like leaving the hotel, but not much beyond that.
If only they had decent bagels, you could get juice, coffee and a bagel in the morning. But those things they serve are similar to bagels only in shape.

-David
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
You obviously haven't checked rates at the HP Fort Worth Historic Stockyards, where they can be as high as $259/night!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
New Hyatt Place Breakfast

I can only say one thing about the new breakfast.... Gross!

I must first admit that I don't really care for non-full service properties in the first place but that doesn't mean I have to eat substandard chemical laced factory food. It's still possible to not go gourmet but eat healthy. It is kind of insulting that they cater to the lowest common denominator and serve this processed junk.

But I would have the same comment about the HI or holiday inn processed stuff too.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Breakfast secrets

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
But I'm curious: would simply adding a breakfast sandwich or pancake to a breakfast menu really switch a "no" to a "yes"? If so, it seems like a low-cost approach.
Exactly. Breakfast is an approach to add very significant perceived value with minimal investment. I know many of you have higher expectations at breakfast (which is great, but you are likely not the target here), but for 'everyone else' this can make a booking difference. HP did some nice facade renovations when they were created (not assuming ones built directly as HP but conversions), but stumbled on their very simple breakfast offering from the beginning.

If you read the threads about Hampton Inn's waffle machine, it gets crazy out there (maybe not that much different than the airline meals discussion).

Breakfast to me is just like high speed internet. Why charge for it? Because you can? I think you can see why both HSI and breakfast are common premium perks for cardholders (low cost, high value). And where more budget hotels include it versus more expensive properties.

Most European hotels used to get this, but now breakfast is often a package rate and not included in many standard rooms anymore.

Rasheed
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:11 pm
hch

I'm really amazed how bad a lot of this "breakfast" in the US is. If a Youth Hostel in Austria can provide a breakfast buffet with lots of breads, cereals and freshly prepared scrambled organic eggs while offering a two bed room for 50EUR there's no excuse for the Hyatt Places, Haptons Inns and others to not do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.